Greatest television shows ever

It's a Man's World.

It's a Man's World (TV series) - Wikipedia

The series centers on four young men who live in a houseboat called The Elephant, which is moored at an Ohio River town named Cordella in Ohio. Cordella is loosely based on the city of Marietta, Ohio, and some of the establishing shots in the series were shot there.

Randy Boone and Michael Burns.
The main characters are pre-law college student Wes Macauley, portrayed by Glenn Corbett and his younger brother Howie, recently orphaned by an automobile accident, played by Michael Burns, also a cast member on Wagon Train. Ted Bessell played Tom-Tom DeWitt, a college student who came from a wealthy Chicago family. Randy Boone played free spirit Vern Hodges, a talented guitarist from Boone's native North Carolina.[2]

In the story line, Wes is working his way through college at Stott's Service Station, owned by Houghton Stott, played by Harry Harvey, Sr. Jan Norris appears as Wes's fiancee, college student Irene Hoff. Other characters, Iona and Virgil Dobson, are portrayed by Kate Murtagh and Scott White, friends of Stott and the four houseboat males. Their daughter, Alma Jean (played by Jeanine Cashell), is interested in Vern. Nora Fitzgerald (played by Ann Schuyler) is interested in Tom-Tom. There is also a dog named Shadrack.[3]

Among the series guest stars were Med Flory, Hope Summers, Joan Tewkesbury, and Dawn Wells

Rod Serling's original Twilight Zone was the most intelligent, timeless, vivid, well-acted, iconic storytelling in the past 60 years of American television. I'm always glued to the TV whenever ScyFy does a 48-hour TZ marathon, I never get tired of them. Name me a TV with more brains than the TZ.
...didn't that have an episode of some country bumpkin that loved to tell tall tales/exaggerate like a lot of country bumpkins do, all the time--and one was some aliens landed nearby and he ''defeated '' them with his harmonica...???
here it is--a very well done episode--camera angles/shots/story/etc
Andy Devine plays Somerset Frisby, who owns a country store and Gas station in the country, and loves to tell tall tales to his customers,
"The Twilight Zone" Hocus-Pocus and Frisby (TV Episode 1962) - IMDb
Unable to persuade the aliens to release him, Frisby decides to try to relax by playing his harmonica, and makes the unexpected discovery that the sound is extremely painful to the aliens (who call the notes "death sounds").
Hocus-Pocus and Frisby - Wikipedia

Rod Serling's original Twilight Zone was the most intelligent, timeless, vivid, well-acted, iconic storytelling in the past 60 years of American television. I'm always glued to the TV whenever ScyFy does a 48-hour TZ marathon, I never get tired of them. Name me a TV with more brains than the TZ.
...didn't that have an episode of some country bumpkin that loved to tell tall tales/exaggerate like a lot of country bumpkins do, all the time--and one was some aliens landed nearby and he ''defeated '' them with his harmonica...???

I remember that one, but I couldn't think of the episode title offhand. It's sort of a cautionary tale about being full of blowhard bullshit. Yes, the sound of the harmonica was so crippling to these aliens that he escaped.

THE JEFFERSONS

THat George Jefferson was something else

.....I remember listening to an old radio show [1950s?? ] they had on NPR or something for about 5 or 10 minutes everyday
..on one show, they had hitler before the war--when he was an artist
..and he asked an American reporter or someone what he thought of his paintings/etc
the American said '' I don't think much of them/they don't look good/etc'''
..hitler went into a rage and said he will teach the Americans a thing or 2, something like that
..it was very good

It's a Man's World.

The series centers on four young men who live in a houseboat called The Elephant, which is moored at an Ohio River town named Cordella in Ohio. Cordella is loosely based on the city of Marietta, Ohio, and some of the establishing shots in the series were shot there.

The main characters are pre-law college student Wes Macauley, portrayed by Glenn Corbett and his younger brother Howie, recently orphaned by an automobile accident, played by Michael Burns, also a cast member on Wagon Train. Ted Bessell played Tom-Tom DeWitt, a college student who came from a wealthy Chicago family. Randy Boone played free spirit Vern Hodges, a talented guitarist from Boone's native North Carolina.[2]

In the story line, Wes is working his way through college at Stott's Service Station, owned by Houghton Stott, played by Harry Harvey, Sr. Jan Norris appears as Wes's fiancee, college student Irene Hoff. Other characters, Iona and Virgil Dobson, are portrayed by Kate Murtagh and Scott White, friends of Stott and the four houseboat males. Their daughter, Alma Jean (played by Jeanine Cashell), is interested in Vern. Nora Fitzgerald (played by Ann Schuyler) is interested in Tom-Tom. There is also a dog named Shadrack.[3]

Among the series guest stars were Med Flory, Hope Summers, Joan Tewkesbury, and Dawn Wells

That sounds so gay, not that there's anything wrong with that. It's like a couple of guys living together in a house in San Francisco in the 80s and raising kids.

Real Men watch Gunsmoke over and over and over again. We can't get enough gunsmoke. Bonanza is too gay for us. Rifleman creeps us out a little. The Big Valley is emasculating with Stanwyck. (-:

I'd also like to add Married With Children, Al Bundy was my hero. I'll never forget that episode where Al gets a new toilet and Peg gets so jealous of all the attention he's paying to it and says, "What does that toilet have that I don't?" And Al responds, "a JOB!"

I'd also like to add Married With Children, Al Bundy was my hero. I'll never forget that episode where Al gets a new toilet and Peg gets so jealous of all the attention he's paying to it and says, "What does that toilet have that I don't?" And Al responds, "a JOB!"
MwC was a sit com? I thought it was a documentary.

MwC was a sit com? I thought it was a documentary.

Heehee, I would say the majority of families are dysfunctional enough, they're closer to the Bundys than the Brady Bunch or Cosby show (which was nothing but a white liberal's idea of what the ideal black family is like).

It's a Man's World.

That sounds so gay, not that there's anything wrong with that. It's like a couple of guys living together in a house in San Francisco in the 80s and raising kids.

Real Men watch Gunsmoke over and over and over again. We can't get enough gunsmoke. Bonanza is too gay for us. Rifleman creeps us out a little. The Big Valley is emasculating with Stanwyck. (-:

Leave it up to a Moon Bat to think about homosexuality.

Most of the story lines had to do with the boys chasing girls some way or another. In one episode it was about a girl getting pregnant, which was pretty risque for the early 1960s.

One of the boys was just a child. The parents had died and the older bother was trying to take care of him and needed roommates to share the expense. No queerboys there.

No welfare in this story so that obviously is why you are pissed. Just Americans taking personal responsibility for their own well being.

It's a Man's World.

Most of the story lines had to do with the boys chasing girls some way or another. In one episode it was about a girl getting pregnant, which was pretty risque for the early 1960s.

One of the boys was just a child. The parents had died and the older bother was trying to take care of him and needed roommates to share the expense. No queerboys there.

No welfare in this story so that obviously is why you are pissed. Just Americans taking personal responsibility for their own well being.

YOU DENY that HOLLYWOOD IS NOT ABOUT EMASCULATING MEN AND PROMOTING THE GAY AGENDA! You liberals make me want to PUKE

It's a Man's World.

YOU DENY that HOLLYWOOD IS NOT ABOUT EMASCULATING MEN AND PROMOTING THE GAY AGENDA! You liberals make me want to PUKE

If there was any homosexuality it was in Gunsmoke. Never saw Matt fucking Kitty, did we? Matt was obviously the Gay Cowboy, wasn't he?

It's a Man's World.

Perfect Strangers was GAY too

I forgot to mention that in Married With Children, Kelly Bundy was the most magnificent, retard-dumb-blonde of all time. I remember when Kelly was watching TV, Bud walks in and says, "Kelly, why are you watching the Spanish channel?" And Kelly innocently says, "That's Spanish? I just thought they were English words I didn't know."

I also remember a MWC episode where the Bundys go to the beach and Peg says, "Take my picture, Al, so you can remember me when I was beautiful." And Al nearly shrieks, "You mean you're gonna get WORSE???"

Columbo!
I can’t believe I left that out of my earlier post.

I recently purchased the entire series! lol

Last edited:

Forum List

Back