if the question is the greatest rock guitarist
then its.
Jimmy Hendirix
jimmy page
eric clapton
Alvin lee
Pete townsend
mark knopfler

Who all exept one are english, but even he was adopted english in the end.

Greatest rock singer
Robert Plant.
Freddie mercury
Mick jagger (stones being more rythum and blues than rock)

And....Alvin Lee :D
Not many people get the Ten Years After reference...40 years after. But, yes, Alvin Lee could definitely play. I'm Going Home from the Woodstck album was a great piece of work. My Dad's record collection from the 60s and 70s introduced me to some excellent Rock/Blues.

Not many people get the Ten Years After reference...40 years after. But, yes, Alvin Lee could definitely play. I'm Going Home from the Woodstck album was a great piece of work. My Dad's record collection from the 60s and 70s introduced me to some excellent Rock/Blues.

I saw him play at Blues Fest in July. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

I'm sure most of you guys weren't even old enough to "play along with Hendrix" - while listening to him on you 33 album, trying to work out his riffs. He is the "Guitar God" - Mark Knoppler is in training but doing well

Jerry Lee Lewis or Little Richard are my nominants for best (possibly the most important would better describe my opinion of them) rock and rollers of all time.

Not specifically for their music, of course.

Tecause their music was primative, and we've seen far better musicians who built upon that early RnR and improved on it considerably. Many of you are listing people who are far and away better musicians that Jerry Lee or Little Richard ever were, to be sure.

But these guys were Rock nRoll's original bad boys rockers, after all.

And if you aren't a bad boy living the lifestyle, you aren't really a rock n' roller, you're just a musician.

But both those boys took R nR to a place where it hadn't been before. They took Rock-a-billy and they made it dirty and the kind of music which shocked the older generation.

Those guys were there making Rock and Roll into what it is today.

That slightly profane and sexually obsessed in your face music of youth.

Last edited:
I think David Lee Roth was the quintessential rocker, and Van Halen was one of the greatest, before Hagar.

I can't choose a greatest rocker, though. There are many I think could hold the label equally.

I think you have to put Dave Grohl up there as well. The guy can do no wrong. Great rockers don't all have to be from the past.

Great rockers?

I quite agree.

There's just so many truly great rockers that choosing one above all the others is beyond me.

Ritchie Blackmore is one of my all time favourite guitarists, he's gone a bit daft now but Deep Purple and Rainbow still stand the test of time.

Best rock voice, Paul Rodgers.

Ritchie Blackmore is one of my all time favourite guitarists, he's gone a bit daft now but Deep Purple and Rainbow still stand the test of time.

Best rock voice, Paul Rodgers.

:eek:

It's a sad day for entertainment when I have to actually agree with you...

I knew we had lots in common...you fancy me, don't you?:cool:

love-smiley-056.gif

:cuckoo:

Quite good. But Metallica was even better after he was booted. Then Metallica was great until Cliff Burton was beheaded in a bus accident. Some enthusiasts of substances said that it was because of his "Cthulu" influence (q.v. H.P. Lovecraft) and the macabre delvings within his writings (e.g. "Call Of Ktulu" and "The Thing That Should Not Be") which were instrumental in his bizarre death.

Discarding all of this, best "rocker" involves several things.

I don't care, I put Elvis up there. Too much influence to possibly discard. Robert Plant would agree.

The question is to vauge but the biggest rock nutter was
keith moon
then its.
Jimmy Hendirix
jimmy page
eric clapton
Alvin lee
Pete townsend
mark knopfler

Greatest rock singer
Robert Plant.
Freddie mercury

Quite true as well. I don't think you can say the best "rocker". It's like saying the best flavor of ice cream.

Jimi Hendrix is from Seattle. You can't have him. :eusa_hand:

The question is to vauge but the biggest rock nutter was
keith moon
then its.
Jimmy Hendirix
jimmy page
eric clapton
Alvin lee
Pete townsend
mark knopfler

Greatest rock singer
Robert Plant.
Freddie mercury

alvin lee.

he is great, but what about Jeff Beck?

Forum List

Back