Greatest Rocker of All Time

Since the guy who started this thread made Dave Mustaine his choice as greatest rocker, the thread should have been entitled greatest Metal musician of all time. Metal music has never made me feel good. My choices for best rock guitarists, the band, and the album that I liked best:

Duane Allman - Allman Brothers- Live at the Fillmore East

200px-AllmanBrothersBandAtFillmoreEast.jpg

Eric Clapton - Derek and the Dominos - Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs

Picture_of_Dominos_&

Robbie Robertson - The Band - Music from Big Pink

298px-TheBandphotobyElliotLandy.jpg

Peter Townshend - The Who - Quadrophenia

200px-Quadrophenia_%28album%29.jpg

Jerry Garcia - The Grateful Dead - Live Dead

252px-Gdead2.png

nope and they weren't any good either.........

I liked G 'n R. ;)

G 'n R Lies was a great album. And Use Your Illusion I and II was a massive effort which was, largely, successful. November Rain was massive in scope. I wouldn't count them among the best of the best, but I think they were a very good band.

On the thread topic, I do think some of the best rock guitarists are unsung... people like Nils Lofgren (who started touring with Neil Young and Crazy Horse when he was 16)... for instance.

I liked G 'n R. ;)

G 'n R Lies was a great album. And Use Your Illusion I and II was a massive effort which was, largely, successful. November Rain was massive in scope. I wouldn't count them among the best of the best, but I think they were a very good band.

On the thread topic, I do think some of the best rock guitarists are unsung... people like Nils Lofgren (who started touring with Neil Young and Crazy Horse when he was 16)... for instance.

don't own anything by guns.....have a bunch of nils' stuff.....ever hear of robert fripp?...

Since the guy who started this thread made Dave Mustaine his choice as greatest rocker, the thread should have been entitled greatest Metal musician of all time. Metal music has never made me feel good. My choices for best rock guitarists, the band, and the album that I liked best:

Duane Allman - Allman Brothers- Live at the Fillmore East

200px-AllmanBrothersBandAtFillmoreEast.jpg

Eric Clapton - Derek and the Dominos - Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs

220px-Picture_of_Dominos_%28without_Allman%29.jpg

Robbie Robertson - The Band - Music from Big Pink

298px-TheBandphotobyElliotLandy.jpg

Peter Townshend - The Who - Quadrophenia

200px-Quadrophenia_%28album%29.jpg

Jerry Garcia - The Grateful Dead - Live Dead

252px-Gdead2.png

Duane Allman was badass. Definitely one of the best.

I disagree. Jimi Hendrix was as hard rock as it gets.

Who you kidding? That dude was so stoned, he could barely stand. If you called him hard rock, what did you call the two I mentioned previously?

Duane Allman was badass. Definitely one of the best.
Could not agree with you more. My Dad introduced me to the real Allman Brothers (before Duane Allman and Barry Oakley died so tragically in motorcycle accidents) and it made me feel so good to listen to that music. The Duane Allman - Dickey Betts guitar duet in the tune Blue Sky on the album Eat a Peach made me want to move immediately to Georgia. Duane Allman...just a regular Southern kid who happened to be a blues/rock guitar genius.

Too many sub-groups of rock to pick just one. I'd stick Jimi in acid-rock.

The thread is ill-defined. The term "acid-rock" is pretty old.:bowdown:

Going "anywhere," I'd put Roy Clark or Glen Campbell up against most of the people mentioned here.

A lot has to do with musical taste, and age.

never mind the bullocks.....here come the sex pistols

YouTube - Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the UK (Studio Version)
The Sex Pistols studio video of Anarchy in the UK.(And yes ...
3 min 32 sec -
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bM_l443VV4[/ame]

Who you kidding? That dude was so stoned, he could barely stand. If you called him hard rock, what did you call the two I mentioned previously?

I doubt many of these guys aren't stoned until they get lucky and make to their 30s and go into a rehab that usually doesn't work the first couple of trips.

And as I said, age and taste has a lot to do with it. Hendrix actually played MUSIC. Very little of his stuff was just noise.

I doubt many of these guys aren't stoned until they get lucky and make to their 30s and go into a rehab that usually doesn't work the first couple of trips.

And as I said, age and taste has a lot to do with it. Hendrix actually played MUSIC. Very little of his stuff was just noise.

I'll give you age..

But, I thought *I* was the one with taste... :D

Forum List

Back