Greatest Musical Acts You've Seen In Concert...

Oh how could I forget...

Jefferson Starship

Kansas

Styx

Robin Trower

I have been to many great shows. But Pink Floyd was tops. Some of the shows I went to were not so good.

I saw Rush, I hated that concert, I saw ZZTop, their music just bounced off everything.

But Oh Pink Floyd had me mesmerized

I remember a KISS concert in Terre Haute that was not too bad. Back then I was a big Uriah Heep fan and they opened for KISS. By the time KISS came on the purple haze had really kicked in. What I remember most is after the concert and riding in a Corvair during the blizzard that was rolling in and tripping over all the snowflakes.

Boy so many good concerts. From rock to folk I've been lucky to see many greats.

First one ever The Beatles at Maple Leaf Gardens when I was a kid and my mom bless her soul took me.
Dusty Springfield was the opening act.

From there Jefferson Airplane, Zepplin, Stones, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Nuge, Frank Zappa with Zubin Meta when I was in LA, Zappa with Jean Luc Ponty back in TO, Golden Earring at their first appearance at the Whiskey (that was a trip), Alice Cooper of course many times over, The Doors, King Crimson, the Who, Humble Pie, Sabbath, actually my list is endless lol.

Lot of great folkies too. From Joni Mitchell to Judy Collins to Tim Hardin and the most wonderous and amazing Gordon Lightfoot many times.

Too many to mention I guess. It was a lot of fun when organizers would have these giant festivals with everyone from the Beach Boys to Alice were all playing.

Varsity Stadium in Toronto used to be a great outdoor venue. One festival alone had the Doors, Little Richard, Alice Cooper and John Lennon and Yoko just to mention a few.

Ah my wild and reckless youth.:eusa_angel:

Best concert ever would be The Wall tour by Pink Floyd. Best concerts over many years are The Who. David Bowies Auckland concert in 1987 was great too. The only thing that sucked about it was the best dancer in the troup was a guy! The Clash in 1980 was awesome, Kansas was a great gig along with the Eagles. RUSH was likewise an awesome show. Most incredible guitar performance would be Hendrix though, simply from another planet.

Best concert ever would be The Wall tour by Pink Floyd. Best concerts over many years are The Who. David Bowies Auckland concert in 1987 was great too. The only thing that sucked about it was the best dancer in the troup was a guy! The Clash in 1980 was awesome, Kansas was a great gig along with the Eagles. RUSH was likewise an awesome show. Most incredible guitar performance would be Hendrix though, simply from another planet.

Sounds just like Bowie... ;)

I was lucky to see Supertramp as I left for Israel early on and there were no concerts for that decade and a half. Well, no concerts of great acts. But now that there is Youtube I can see some of what I missed.

Now how great is that? :razz:

I never had a chance to see Pink Floyd. My husband swears that they were beyond belief and is his #1 for all he has seen.

I would have like to have seen Van Halen with David Lee Roth. I did see Eddie with Sammy Hagar and that was a blast. Just fun and an awesome show from them.

Agreed on Rush. Triumph aka Ontario Hydro rocks is another great canuck rock band that performance wise was surreal.

Sounds just like Bowie... ;)

I was lucky to see Supertramp as I left for Israel early on and there were no concerts for that decade and a half. Well, no concerts of great acts. But now that there is Youtube I can see some of what I missed.

Now how great is that? :razz:

:lol:

But think of all the fun you missed being 457th in line for the washroom!!

Oh how could I forget...

Jefferson Starship

Kansas

Styx

Robin Trower

I have been to many great shows. But Pink Floyd was tops. Some of the shows I went to were not so good.

I saw Rush, I hated that concert, I saw ZZTop, their music just bounced off everything.

But Oh Pink Floyd had me mesmerized

Truly you didn't like Rush in concert? Was it the venue?

In no particular order:

Roger Waters (Summer 1999 Tour)
Radiohead (2001)
Elliott Smith (1999 and 2000)
Pixies (2005?)
WIRE (2009)

frank zappa
led zeppelin
allman bros and eagles- eagels opened and blew them off the stage
commander cody
ry cooder- outfuckingstanding
grateful dead (early 70's esp)
rolling stones boston 1972
james cotton
james gang (some band named aerosmith opened for them)
furthur

Del what year was this?.........

frank zappa
led zeppelin
commander cody
james cotton
furthur

i believe it was 1974

damn :lol:

frank zappa
led zeppelin
commander cody
james cotton
furthur

i believe it was 1974

damn :lol:

so it was after Duane and Barry were killed?....im sure it would have different if they were there......

i have seen so many from 68 to 75 i cant even remember who i have seen....

Allman bros in 71....
cream
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Emerson Lake & Palmer
free
Grand Funk Railroad
john mayall
Johnny Winter
Journey
Lee Michaels
Leon Russell
Pink Floyd
Queen
Spirit
Thin Lizzy
Traffic
West, Bruce & Laing
zz top
in 91 i saw Motorhead and Metallica.....

Last edited:
best ones for me...

Janis Joplin... by far the most awesome ever...
Led Zeppelin
Tina Turner
Robert Palmer
Stevie Ray Vaughn

I'm sure I'll think of others after I put this up...

just remembered seeing Randy Newman a coupla times in the 70's...

he was pretty awesome in his own unique way...

other acts I saw that were pretty good...

Santana
Chicago
Youngbloods
Jefferson Airplane
Lee Michaels
Cat Mother and the All Night Newsboys
Country Joe and the Fish
Byrds
Canned Heat
T. Rex
Iron Butterfly
Grateful Dead
Dr. John
Jeff Beck
Foghat
Beach Boys
Rush
Foo Fighters
Afghan Wigs
Plant and Page

a coupla lesser-known acts that blew me away...

It's A Beautiful Day
Sky Cries Mary

a coupla acts that sucked... a boring waste of money...

Bob Dylan
Paul Simon

Last edited:
Saw Buddy Guy at the Coach House in San Juan Capistrano (it's a very small venue- seats less than 500 hundred people) a few years ago- the concert was awesome! He is over 70 and looks like he's still in his 40's. He wore a pair of white overalls with no shirt underneath and wailed on a black Stratocaster with white polka dots....

played this one too...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_rd8y8A2oE]Buddy Guy - First Time I Met The Blues - YouTube[/ame]

The Pretenders, about 10 years ago? What a rockin' show. At one point Chrissie was lamenting the loss of her father and I yelled out "I'll be your daddy!"
I'm surprised she didn't jump off stage and smack the shit out of me LOL.

Bar none, it has to be Pink Floyd at Rice Stadium in Houston!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojl4vE_g_00]Pink Floyd 5th April 1994 Run Like Hell (Rain Like Hell show) - YouTube[/ame]

Only PF concert ever rained out (this was the last song). The lightning and lasers shooting off into the clouds was spectacular!

Phil Collins was a very close 2nd :cool:

Saw Buddy Guy at the Coach House in San Juan Capistrano (it's a very small venue- seats less than 500 hundred people) a few years ago- the concert was awesome! He is over 70 and looks like he's still in his 40's. He wore a pair of white overalls with no shirt underneath and wailed on a black Stratocaster with white polka dots....

played this one too...

Buddy Guy - First Time I Met The Blues - YouTube

Buddy is an awesome Guitarist....

Forum List

Back