Greatest French, But No Napoleon!

padisha emperor said:
The poll said that the greatest French is Charles de Gaulle.

Said : sorry, I didn't see it before, but now I can pefrectly answer to you. I was surprised by this title for Robespierre,; i never heard that he cas called Public Accuser.
And I was reading a book about the French Revolution, when I saw what you meant : in fact, the Public Accuser was not Robespierre. He, he was the Incorruptible.
But Robespierre was seconded the "Comité de Salut Public", Public Salute Comity. And this Comity had an amred hand, the Revolutionary Tribunal ("Tribunal Révolutionnaire") . And the Chief of this Tribunal was Fouquier-Tinville. The Title of Fouquier-Tinville was "Public Accuser".

i hope that i answer to your question, sorry for beeing late ;)

I don't really want to arugue this point to death, but I've read several times that Robespierre was appointed public accuser around the 1790's. I've heard of the other title also, but I thought that was more or less a nickname, not a public or official title (the incorruptable). What is the "public salute committee"? Sounds like the french "welcome wagon".

Salute! :D

Be sure, the guy with the official title "Public Accuser" was Fouquier-Tinville.

fouquier_accusateur.jpg

this is Fouquier-Tinville

robespierre.jpg

this is Robespierre

link about Robespierre and the Terror

Here is a thread about the French Revolution under Robespierre, with quotes from his speeches.

;)

Committee of Public Safety

You'll know what is the Committee of Public Safety. (but in French it is not as they said "haut comité de la santé publique", but "comité de salut public")

padisha emperor said:
Be sure, the guy with the official title "Public Accuser" was Fouquier-Tinville.

fouquier_accusateur.jpg

this is Fouquier-Tinville

robespierre.jpg

this is Robespierre

link about Robespierre and the Terror

Here is a thread about the French Revolution under Robespierre, with quotes from his speeches.

;)

Committee of Public Safety

You'll know what is the Committee of Public Safety. (but in French it is not as they said "haut comité de la santé publique", but "comité de salut public")

Thanks for the effort, but I've still seen the opposite. No matter, the links were still interesting!

Salute! :D

Forum List

Back