Greatest Fossil Fuel disasters in history

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
Greatest Fossil Fuel Disasters In Human History - Science - io9

Largest Oil Spill Of All Time: Really, this list could be mostly oil spills. There have been so many. You only have to look at the Wikipedia page to see that enough oil has been splashed in the water to keep all our cars running for decades. The largest, in terms of volume of oil, was the Gulf War Oil Spill, in which Iraq opened the valves at its oil terminal and dumped oil into the Gulf, in an attempt to keep U.S. forces from landing. The resulting slick was 4,242 square miles, and five inches thick. It's between five and 27 times bigger than the Exxon Valdez spill.

I blame BP.

Largest Oil Spill Of All Time: Really, this list could be mostly oil spills. There have been so many. You only have to look at the Wikipedia page to see that enough oil has been splashed in the water to keep all our cars running for decades. The largest, in terms of volume of oil, was the Gulf War Oil Spill, in which Iraq opened the valves at its oil terminal and dumped oil into the Gulf, in an attempt to keep U.S. forces from landing. The resulting slick was 4,242 square miles, and five inches thick. It's between five and 27 times bigger than the Exxon Valdez spill.
I blame BP.

Horrible. I can hardly sleep at night, hearing the cries of the Iraqi people since they can't have all you can eat fish fry night.

Better than you people who want to eliminate them as being a blight on the earth. Please by all means end yourself...practice what you preach.
Ah yes, the wingnuts answer to any disaster, mindless derision, and laughing at the plight of the victums.

I blame BP.
a
FUCK BP

Ah yes, the wingnuts answer to any disaster, mindless derision, and laughing at the plight of the victums.

The mindlessness comes from those who would execute BP executives for something that they have not yet been convicted of. I laugh at mindless hysteria, not genuine victims. Pity you can't see the difference but the leftist mindset is permanently set on 'victim'.

The mindlessness comes from those who would execute BP executives for something that they have not yet been convicted of. I laugh at mindless hysteria, not genuine victims. Pity you can't see the difference but the leftist mindset is permanently set on 'victim'.

Our coast didn't get a trial

We are seeing continueing evidence that BP was knowing using faulty equipment, in full knowledge of the result if there was a blowout. That they failed to use a blowout preventive valve that is commonly used in the North Sea, and off the coast of Brazil.

The damage already caused by this massive blowout far exceeds the $75,000,000 cap put on liability by Congress. If they cannot contain it, and the blowout continues, we will lose the Florida Keys corals, and many of the estuaries along the Gulf coast. What kind of price can you put on those ecological systems?

There were decisions made by BP that created this catastrophe. They chose not to spend the $500,000 on that blowout valve. They chose to continue operations in spite of the fact that they knew that the valves they had on bottom were not working correctly.

If I, as a trademan, do something willfully that results in the death of a fellow worker, and destruction of the machinery that the plant depends on, I may well be charged with negligent manslaughter, and will certainly be blackballed within the industry. And justly so. Why should the execs that made the decisions that resulted in this catastrophe be treated any differantly? Because they make a few million a year, instead of a few tens of thousands?

New Topics

Forum List

Back