Greatest Drummer (Percussionist) of All Time

Got to tell you -- my all time favorite drummer is Dino Danelli from the Young Rascals. One the most under-appreciated drummers in Rock history. He blew me away every time on solos. If you get bored, in this 13 minutes, skip around, he's amazing. And you could tell from the studio tracks how expressive he was with the standard stuff.

Yes, he was a very good drummer. Watch this Peart video, the solo starts at 3:58 but it get's interesting at the 5:30 mark.

Fantastic. If you close your eyes towards the end, you'd swear he had 3 feet..

Yes. The speed and accuracy of his strikes is simply amazing. When he plays that little tune on the cow bells while maintaining the underlying beat is something I have never seen anyone else do.

These days a lot of bands are going to 2 drummers for added percussion.

The Brazilian and the Afro-Amer groups have been doing this for a while.

She does mostly covers but this little German girl has some talent. I believe she is 14...but I love the kids so I'm biased

I was watching some of these videos on Youtube the other day. One was a six year old kid playing Rush. He was doing pretty good, not perfect by any means, but tearing it up for a six year old - hell even for an adult who's been playing for a while. Like 300 people had thumbs down-ed the video. WTF? The kid is playing Rush! How could someone give that a thumbs down?!

These days a lot of bands are going to 2 drummers for added percussion.

The Brazilian and the Afro-Amer groups have been doing this for a while.

Just off the top of my head The Grateful Dead, King Crimson, The Allman Brothers, .38 Special, John Coltrane, Frank Zappa and the Doobie Brothers all used two drummers. All of these were in the 1960's and '70's. I am sure there were bands back in the 1930's who did it too.

Forum List

Back