Great Yard Sign Explaining President Obama's Change

I wonder if that's taken around the corner from where we live. The guy's got a regular compound with barbed wire and "Trespassers will be shot" signs.

Probably because you're his neighbor.

Wow! I have that big an influence with someone who lives a half mile away.

Pretty cool!

If you wonder if that picture was taken at your neighbors, but you had time to notice he had barbed wire and another sign that says something else, then how did you miss it?

Hmmmm... your joke/story/lie is kind of lame.

Originally Posted by PatekPhilippe

Who the fuck cares ed!!!! The top 10% of wage earners pay 95% of the payroll taxes collected by the government.....and your happy ass is bitching about a couple hundred dollars AT MOST!!!????
ed...if you were any stupider (is that a real word) you would be a poster child for NEA.org

Do you honestly think that the ONLY tax we pay as employees is Social Security? Are you really this stupid or are you just playing games?
I never said the ONLY tax we pay is SS payroll tax, I merely pointed out the utter stupidity of your claim that 95% of payroll taxes were paid by the top 10% of wage earners.

5652.strip.gif

ed...let me point something out to you.....you lost this argument the minute you said that no one who makes over $102,000 pays ANY taxes.

You are a fricken dumb ass who must report to the board each day for a verbal beatdown so you feel better about your liberalism......

at any rate I do believe there is a sub-species of Homo Sapien Sapiens......ed may be the first of a new species known as Home Sapien asininus boobus.

ed...if you were any stupider (is that a real word) you would be a poster child for NEA.org

Do you honestly think that the ONLY tax we pay as employees is Social Security? Are you really this stupid or are you just playing games?

He/she probably believes that because a whopping 45% in this country pay no federal or state income taxes at all. They fall under the income bar. So they only end up paying FICA & Medicare taxes on their earnings. If he/she doesn't own property they don't pay property taxes either---:lol::lol:

This person is also in the Obamabot group that also believed that 5% of this nation aka the over 250K crowd would be able to give 95% of the rest of us a tax cut, pay for an additional 1 trillion in Obama's spending proposals--pay down the deficit & pay for their health care too----:lol::lol:

Originally Posted by edthecynic
BALONEY!!!

There is a threshold of $102,000 above which there is no payroll tax, therefore the ENTIRE payroll tax burden is paid by wage earners UNDER $102,000.
Originally Posted by PatekPhilippe

Who the fuck cares ed!!!! The top 10% of wage earners pay 95% of the payroll taxes collected by the government.....and your happy ass is bitching about a couple hundred dollars AT MOST!!!????

I never said the ONLY tax we pay is SS payroll tax, I merely pointed out the utter stupidity of your claim that 95% of payroll taxes were paid by the top 10% of wage earners.

5652.strip.gif

ed...let me point something out to you.....you lost this argument the minute you said that no one who makes over $102,000 pays ANY taxes.

You are a fricken dumb ass who must report to the board each day for a verbal beatdown so you feel better about your liberalism......

at any rate I do believe there is a sub-species of Homo Sapien Sapiens......ed may be the first of a new species known as Home Sapien asininus boobus.
PeePee....Let me point something out to you.....you made a fool of yourself the minute you resorted to the "ANY taxes" Straw Man. I reposted what I actually said at the top of this post.

You are a typical CON$ervative who who must report to the board each day to make a fool of yourself because you are a Self-hating CON$ervative.

http://www.beyondintractability.org/essay/dehumanization/
Dehumanization

Dehumanization is a psychological process whereby opponents view each other as less than human and thus not deserving of moral consideration.

The Psychology of Dehumanization

Dehumanization is actually an extension of a less intense process of developing an "enemy image" of the opponent. During the course of protracted conflict, feelings of anger, fear, and distrust shape the way that the parties perceive each other. Adversarial attitudes and perceptions develop and parties begin to attribute negative traits to their opponent. They may come to view the opponent as an evil enemy, deficient in moral virtue, or as a dangerous, warlike monster.

An enemy image is a negative stereotype through which the opposing group is viewed as evil, in contrast to one's own side, which is seen as good. Such images can stem from a desire for group identity and a need to contrast the distinctive attributes and virtues of one's own group with the vices of the "outside" group.[4] In some cases, evil-ruler enemy images form. While ordinary group members are regarded as neutral, or perhaps even innocent, their leaders are viewed as hideous monsters.[5]
Enemy images are usually black and white. The negative actions of one's opponent are thought to reflect their fundamental evil nature, traits, or motives.[6] One's own faults, as well as the values and motivations behind the actions of one's opponent, are usually discounted, denied, or ignored. It becomes difficult to empathize or see where one's opponent is coming from. Meaningful communication is unlikely, and it becomes difficult to perceive any common ground.

Once formed, enemy images tend to resist change, and serve to perpetuate and intensify the conflict. Because the adversary has come to be viewed as a "diabolical enemy," the conflict is framed as a war between good and evil.[7] Once the parties have framed the conflict in this way, their positions become more rigid. In some cases, zero-sum thinking develops as parties come to believe that they must either secure their own victory, or face defeat. New goals to punish or destroy the opponent arise, and in some cases more militant leadership comes into power.

Enemy images are accentuated, according to psychologists, by the process of "projection," in which people "project" their own faults onto their opponents. This means that people or groups who tend to be aggressive or selfish are likely to attribute those traits to their opponents, but not to themselves. This improves one's own self-image and increases group cohesion, but it also escalates the conflict and makes it easier to dehumanize the other side.

Last edited:
The overall tax cut was reduced on the wealthy, but INCREASED on the MIDDLE CLASS.

In 1980, according to Congressional Budget Office estimates, middle-income families with children paid 8.2 percent of their income in income taxes, and 9.5 percent in payroll taxes. By 1988 the income tax share was down to 6.6 percent but the payroll tax share was up to 11.8 percent, and the combined burden was up from 17.7% to 18.4%, shifting some of the tax burden from the PROGRESSIVE income tax to the REGRESSIVE payroll tax.

Who the fuck cares ed!!!! The top 10% of wage earners pay 95% of the payroll taxes collected by the government.....and your happy ass is bitching about a couple hundred dollars AT MOST!!!???? :rofl:
BALONEY!!!

There is a threshold of $102,000 above which there is no payroll tax, therefore the ENTIRE payroll tax burden is paid by wage earners UNDER $102,000.

Ronald Reagan did lower the overall tax burden of all americans as did bush JR.

As far as federally collected income tax both reduced the poor and middle class tax burdens 3x as much as they reduced the burden of the rich (1% reduction vs 3%+ reduction)

I'm in shape I can run back and forth if you want to keep moving the goalposts there killer :lol:

Last edited:
I find it really annoying that we can't discuss and agree or disagree with a politicians specific ideas but we spend our entire time degrading someone so that no one will even hear what someone has to say.

What sounds more intelligent and less juvenile; "I don't agree with palin because <insert reason here>" or saying "she is a dumb bitch lolololololol ROFLMAO at her face."?

I'll take the first example ;).

ED, the overall tax rate was lowered by Reagan. Yes he passed laws that changed and added some taxes but overall he reduced them.....why do you think bush Sr had to raise them, because Reagan cut them to a level that wouldn't sustain the overly large government and its bureaucracies.
The overall tax cut was reduced on the wealthy, but INCREASED on the MIDDLE CLASS.

In 1980, according to Congressional Budget Office estimates, middle-income families with children paid 8.2 percent of their income in income taxes, and 9.5 percent in payroll taxes. By 1988 the income tax share was down to 6.6 percent but the payroll tax share was up to 11.8 percent, and the combined burden was up from 17.7% to 18.4%, shifting some of the tax burden from the PROGRESSIVE income tax to the REGRESSIVE payroll tax.

Who the fuck cares ed!!!! The top 10% of wage earners pay 95% of the payroll taxes collected by the government.....and your happy ass is bitching about a couple hundred dollars AT MOST!!!???? :rofl:
BALONEY!!!

Ronald Reagan did lower the overall tax burden of all americans as did bush JR.

As far as federally collected income tax both reduced the poor and middle class tax burdens 3x as much as they reduced the burden of the rich (1% reduction vs 3%+ reduction)

I'm in shape I can run back and forth if you want to keep moving the goalposts there killer :lol:
You can run from the truth and call it moving the goal posts all you want, but your claim that St Ronnie lowered the OVERALL tax burden on ALL Americans is still a lie, proven by CBO numbers, no matter how many times you repeat it.
He lowered the progressive income tax on all Americans but RAISED the regressive Payroll tax which hits the middle class and poor much harder than the rich. And OVERALL tax burden includes payroll taxes.

New Topics

Forum List

Back