Great wisdom from actor Will Smith...on racism no less....good for him...he knows reality...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Good for Will Smith.....he seems to understand the reality of the American experience....

Will Smith: 'Everybody Is Prejudiced,' But 'Racism Is Actually Rare'

“My wife and I were just having this conversation, and we were going to the dictionary for ‘prejudice’ versus ‘racism,'” Smith replied, adding:

Everybody is prejudiced. Everybody has their life experiences that make them prefer one thing over another — it makes them prefer blond hair over a brunette; if you see somebody with dark skin walking down the street, you have a different reaction than you have [with] someone who is 5-foot-1 and white. But there is a connotation with racism of superiority: You feel that your race generally is superior. And I have to say, I live with constant prejudice, but racism is actually rare — someone who thinks their race is superior. I don’t want to work for them. I don’t want to work at that company. And the times I have come in contact with it, you get away from those people.

Good for Will Smith.....he seems to understand the reality of the American experience....

Will Smith: 'Everybody Is Prejudiced,' But 'Racism Is Actually Rare'

“My wife and I were just having this conversation, and we were going to the dictionary for ‘prejudice’ versus ‘racism,'” Smith replied, adding:

Everybody is prejudiced. Everybody has their life experiences that make them prefer one thing over another — it makes them prefer blond hair over a brunette; if you see somebody with dark skin walking down the street, you have a different reaction than you have [with] someone who is 5-foot-1 and white. But there is a connotation with racism of superiority: You feel that your race generally is superior. And I have to say, I live with constant prejudice, but racism is actually rare — someone who thinks their race is superior. I don’t want to work for them. I don’t want to work at that company. And the times I have come in contact with it, you get away from those people.
Lol look at you praising a scientologist for his reasoning skills :rofl:

In everyday life I can't remember the last time I "experienced" racism here in South Dakota, I would know, there is no doubt by appearance I am an Indian...

Forum List

Back