Great White Sharks Off Cape Cod

Great.

It's wonder that beautiful predators like that are making a comeback after being decimated.

They are not beautiful, they are killing machines. No remorse, no pity, no sense of of anything remotely human.

So what are you saying, that because they don't posess human emotions they should be slaughtered?

Define 'slaughter'. They should be farmed for human consumption like any other plant or animal. In a sustainable way, of course.

Does a carrot cry?

Great.

It's wonder that beautiful predators like that are making a comeback after being decimated.

They are not beautiful, they are killing machines. No remorse, no pity, no sense of of anything remotely human.

Sometimes that shark he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. And, you know, the thing about a shark... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living... until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'. The ocean turns red, and despite all the poundin' and the hollerin', they all come in and they... rip you to pieces.

~Quint~

Where I live, in Florida, one of the local favorite places to swim is a spring with beautiful crystal clear water. On the opposite shore from the swimming area (in a state park) are 8-12 foot gators. It's always packed in the summer, and there is almost never a problem.

Wildlife, for the most part, doesn't set out to attack humans. Nor, do I think we taste/smell particularly good to them. We completely overestimate our risk of harm. Millions of people swim on beaches in close proximity to sharks in the U.S. every year. And, there are only about 60 shark attacks annually around the entire world, most of which do not result in death.

Shark attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You have a much greater risk of drowning.

Including each other. A wounded shark in the water, seeping blood, will be eaten very quickly by his pals.

Check your history pal. Humans have eaten each other for lots less.

Less than what? So in your hierarchy of life value, human life is below killing machines like the shark.

Humans don't live in the water 24/7..in fact..it's recreational that humans are in the water for the most part.

We don't live on the planet alone..and if we did..that biosphere wouldn't exist for very long.

Valuing bio-diversity is valuing human life.

I have a fascination for all creatures of the Earth, most particularly the mysterious ones like sharks. I also have a great deal of respect for their abilities and propensities.

So while I admire all of your courage. Neither I nor my loved ones will be swimming with the sharks. Or the gaters for that matter. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT9BeGNnCqw&NR=1]YouTube - ‪We're Gonna Need A bigger Boat‬‏[/ame]

I have a fascination for all creatures of the Earth, most particularly the mysterious ones like sharks. I also have a great deal of respect for their abilities and propensities.

So while I admire all of your courage. Neither I nor my loved ones will be swimming with the sharks. Or the gaters for that matter. :)

YouTube - ‪We're Gonna Need A bigger Boat‬‏

Me neither. I'm not losing my little fuzzywhacker.

It took almost 5 years to get me back in to the ocean swimming after seeing JAWS! :eek: I went to the beach, and stuck my big toe in the water, but i was too scared to go in the water any deeper than that....!!!! even stopped water skiing for those 5 years or so....

I finally got over it....
The part of the brain that facilitates survival is capable of retaining impulses and responses with limitless genetic transfer. One commonly observable example of that being the stalking instinct of kittens born in an urban setting. Simply stated, that behavior is a very basic demonstration of primitive memory.

With that in mind I believe the popularity of the movie, JAWS, is rooted in primal recollection of the time when we humans lived in the sea and the great sharks were the predator who drove us onto dry land.

Some of us retain those bytes of neural impulse more distinctly than others. Some don't seem to retain them at all. While I was a Red Cross certified swimming instructor at a YMCA pool in my youth, and I do enjoy beaches in summer, I have always disliked the ocean and I stay out of it. I don't like anything about it --and I'm afraid of it. I just have this feeling that there are things in there I want nothing to do with and they should be avoided.

Last edited:

Less than what? So in your hierarchy of life value, human life is below killing machines like the shark.

Humans don't live in the water 24/7..in fact..it's recreational that humans are in the water for the most part.

We don't live on the planet alone..and if we did..that biosphere wouldn't exist for very long.

So, logically, poison ivy has just as much a right to pet your skin as you have to pet a dog.

Have you thought this stuff through?

So you would support a law making it illegal for humans to swim?

Lest we tempt the sharks...

Forum List

Back