Great Timing! N.Y. Times Smears U.S. Soldiers as 'Beasts'

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Dumbass liberal! And then liberals wonder why liberal has become a dirty word in this country.

NYT magazine cover story: ‘A Beast Within the Heart of Every Fighting Man’

We’ll call this the mother of all narrative fails. The very week that the NYT magazine runs a negative, anti-military cover story with a brooding graphic on the cover, the beast within the heart of the US Navy SEALs takes down the world’s worst terrorist. No kidding.

Beneath that cover over at the mag’s web site, we get this for a teaser:
The case against American soldiers accused of murdering Afghan civilians turns on the idea of a rogue unit. But what if the killings are a symptom of a deeper problem?
Well. The case of the New York Times trashing the military the very week that it efficiently takes down Osama bin Laden turns on some yellow journalism and awful timing. But what if the Times‘ releasing of US war plans before the invasion of Iraq, its cheerleading for the Soviets and the Viet Cong and whoever else happens to be against America at the moment, is a symptom of a deeper problem?

The PJ Tatler » NYT magazine cover story: ‘A Beast Within the Heart of Every Fighting Man’ (Update: Blackfive fisks the story)

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/01/magazine/mag-01KillTeam-t.html?_r=1&ref=magazine

This ranks up there as LIBERAL RANK STUPID as the NYT doing a fawning article on William Ayers (UNREPENTANT TERRORIST) on the day of 9/11.

Yes, the NYT did JILLIAN, RAVI, CARBINER, WRY CATCHER, and TRUTHMATTERS (I know those idiots believe everything liberals tell them) Someday they may figure out they have been lied too, but I highly doubt it. That would require growing brains.

With the Weathermen No Regrets for a Love Of Explosives; In a Memoir of Sorts, a War Protester Talks of Life

By DINITIA SMITH

Published: September 11, 2001

''I don't regret setting bombs,'' Bill Ayers said. ''I feel we didn't do enough.'' Mr. Ayers, who spent the 1970's as a fugitive in the Weather Underground, was sitting in the kitchen of his big turn-of-the-19th-century stone house in the Hyde Park district of Chicago. The long curly locks in his Wanted poster are shorn, though he wears earrings. He still has tattooed on his neck the rainbow-and-lightning Weathermen logo that appeared on letters taking responsibility for bombings. And he still has the ebullient, ingratiating manner, the apparently intense interest in other people, that made him a charismatic figure in the radical student movement.

No Regrets for a Love Of Explosives - In a Memoir of Sorts, a War Protester Talks of Life With the Weathermen - NYTimes.com

I mean seriously. Maligning our soldiers as "beasts???" The men who risk their lives for us EVERY DAY??????????

There goes all the BS liberals say about "we support the troops, but hate the war."

BS! That's why liberals can release all those photos of Abu Graube but not one photo of a Dead Bin Laden.

Another liberal has let it slip what they really think of the troops.

It reveals nothing has changed since the Vietnam War. They still sympathize with the terrorists like Ayers, while "loathing the military" (Bill Clinton's words).

This is just another example.

I can't WAIT for the typical liberal excuse of "That's only one person!"

Yeah right! How many of you giving that excuse sided with Murtha on Haditha?

'nuff said!

My wife calls me a beast all the time. I really don't take it as an insult, should I?

• Thanks
Reactions: Cal
nah... this isn't another rightwingnut troll thread or anything...

nope... nothing to see here. :cuckoo:

In other words you sided with Murtha on Haditha as well.

I'm still waiting for the first liberal WHO DIDN'T SIDE WITH MURTHA ON HADITHA to cast the first stone.

Until then, I'll be over here writing in the dirt waiting on y'all.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Yup, no liberal hypocrisy going on here.
Move along, move along...

star-wars-sitcom-is-no-jedi-mindtrick-545x342.jpg

My wife calls me a beast all the time. I really don't take it as an insult, should I?

That was my first thought, however:

The case against American soldiers accused of murdering Afghan civilians turns on the idea of a rogue unit. But what if the killings are a symptom of a deeper problem?

That is just simply saying our troops are mentally deranged savages. Not very cool, imo.

NO. Mental midget half breed gangsta wanna be's told what to do by drunks and druggies.
Your heroes !
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJC1unnuwds]YouTube - US Tank crushes Iraqi civilian's car 1[/ame]

There IS a beast inside every fighting man.
It's what makes them warriors and heroes.

How is it derogatory to state the truth?

Don't, so easily, grab on to the coat tails of a blog rag that hates the Times so much that they'll contort even the most benign of articles.

Signed,
Non-Liberal

In other words you sided with Murtha on Haditha as well.

I'm still waiting for the first liberal WHO DIDN'T SIDE WITH MURTHA ON HADITHA to cast the first stone.

Until then, I'll be over here writing in the dirt waiting on y'all.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah it's never "anything to see here" if it goes against liberal talking points. Many on this board putting down or not voicing outrage over soldier bashing fail to realize they have these rights because of our troops.

Is that the cover of the newspaper or is it not?

Last edited:
Dumbass liberal! And then liberals wonder why liberal has become a dirty word in this country.

We’ll call this the mother of all narrative fails. The very week that the NYT magazine runs a negative, anti-military cover story with a brooding graphic on the cover, the beast within the heart of the US Navy SEALs takes down the world’s worst terrorist. No kidding.

Well. The case of the New York Times trashing the military the very week that it efficiently takes down Osama bin Laden turns on some yellow journalism and awful timing. But what if the Times‘ releasing of US war plans before the invasion of Iraq, its cheerleading for the Soviets and the Viet Cong and whoever else happens to be against America at the moment, is a symptom of a deeper problem?

The PJ Tatler » NYT magazine cover story: ‘A Beast Within the Heart of Every Fighting Man’ (Update: Blackfive fisks the story)

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/01/magazine/mag-01KillTeam-t.html?_r=1&ref=magazine

This ranks up there as LIBERAL RANK STUPID as the NYT doing a fawning article on William Ayers (UNREPENTANT TERRORIST) on the day of 9/11.

Yes, the NYT did JILLIAN, RAVI, CARBINER, WRY CATCHER, and TRUTHMATTERS (I know those idiots believe everything liberals tell them) Someday they may figure out they have been lied too, but I highly doubt it. That would require growing brains.

With the Weathermen No Regrets for a Love Of Explosives; In a Memoir of Sorts, a War Protester Talks of Life

By DINITIA SMITH

''I don't regret setting bombs,'' Bill Ayers said. ''I feel we didn't do enough.'' Mr. Ayers, who spent the 1970's as a fugitive in the Weather Underground, was sitting in the kitchen of his big turn-of-the-19th-century stone house in the Hyde Park district of Chicago. The long curly locks in his Wanted poster are shorn, though he wears earrings. He still has tattooed on his neck the rainbow-and-lightning Weathermen logo that appeared on letters taking responsibility for bombings. And he still has the ebullient, ingratiating manner, the apparently intense interest in other people, that made him a charismatic figure in the radical student movement.

No Regrets for a Love Of Explosives - In a Memoir of Sorts, a War Protester Talks of Life With the Weathermen - NYTimes.com

I mean seriously. Maligning our soldiers as "beasts???" The men who risk their lives for us EVERY DAY??????????

There goes all the BS liberals say about "we support the troops, but hate the war."

BS! That's why liberals can release all those photos of Abu Graube but not one photo of a Dead Bin Laden.

It reveals nothing has changed since the Vietnam War. They still sympathize with the terrorists like Ayers, while "loathing the military" (Bill Clinton's words).

'nuff said!

But but but they adore Bill Ayeres.

This is what I'm talking about..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxHl3gr-WMM]YouTube - W.A.S.P. Animal (Fuck Like A Beast) Watch In High Quality[/ame]

By DINITIA SMITH

'nuff said!

A second US soldier's plea of guilty to the gang rape of a 14-year-old Iraqi girl and the killing of her and her family has been accepted by a judge.

BBC NEWS | Americas | US soldier admits murdering girl

First, right wingers keep insisting all those soldiers are white, Republican and conservative.

Second, I believe the real problem is the military, under Bush and the Republicans, lowered the standards.

-------------------------------------------

The number of incoming soldiers with prior felony arrests or convictions has more than tripled in the past five years. This year alone, the Army accepted an estimated 8,000 recruits with rap sheets, reports CBS News correspondent Kimberly Dozier.

But then there's former Army Pvt. Steve Green, also awarded a waiver, who is on trial for raping and murdering an Iraqi girl, then killing her entire family.

Military Lowers Standards To Fill Ranks - CBS Evening News - CBS News

-------------------------------------------

I think it's a disgrace how the failed right wing will blame their failed policies on the left and then try to horn in on liberal "success" like killing Bin Laden.

What a bankrupt group. Without the left wing to wipe their dirty asses, they would have shit themselves into oblivion long ago.

Stupid. Fucking. Thread.

My. Sentiments. Exactly.

When there's nothing left to be outraged about.. find something! :cool:

Oh, there's something to be outraged about. The Republicans lowering military standards to get goons dumb enough to fight their "made up" war in Iraq.

Before the Republicans infected our military, the military was THE world standard. Now, they've lowered standards. They've taught torture. They've convinced America is all right to lie.

Across the board, they've damaged everything.
Replacing prominent lawyers in the Justice Department with Bible School Graduates.
Bullied our CIA into supporting the lies behind the Iraqi invasion.
Wanting to end Medicare.
Tax cuts that brought down the economy.
A "free drugs" bill that helped explode the deficit.
Slashing budgets for education.
Supporting the movement of jobs to China.

And now, they even want to take credit for getting Bin Laden. There is nothing the right wing won't do. No depth they won't stoop to. I wish I didn't feel that way, but the truth is the truth.

Forum List

Back