Great Romney Quotes

"I should tell my story. I'm also unemployed." —Mitt Romney, speaking in 2011 to unemployed people in Florida. Romney's net worth is over $200 million.

"There were a couple of times I wondered whether I was going to get a pink slip" –Mitt Romney, attempting to identify with the problems of average folk (January 2012)

"I get speaker's fees from time to time, but not very much." —Mitt Romney, who earned $374,000 in speaking fees in one year according to according to his personal financial disclosure (January 2012)

Maybe he was making that relative to the $200K a pop that Dubya and Clinton get paid as ex presidents.

"There were a couple of times I wondered whether I was going to get a pink slip" –Mitt Romney, attempting to identify with the problems of average folk (January 2012)

"I get speaker's fees from time to time, but not very much." —Mitt Romney, who earned $374,000 in speaking fees in one year according to according to his personal financial disclosure (January 2012)

Maybe he was making that relative to the $200K a pop that Dubya and Clinton get paid as ex presidents.

:lmao:

"Well, there are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. There are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement and government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. I mean, the president starts off with 48, 49 ... I mean, he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax; 47 percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn’t connect. He’ll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean, that’s what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What I have to do is convince the 5 to 10 percent in the center, that are independents, that are thoughtful, that look at voting one way or the other depending upon, in some cases, emotion, whether they like the guy or not, what he looks like."

- Mitt Romney on veterans, the elderly, low income families, single moms, college students, etc

And he's more/less right. We are digging a hole that we eventually won't get out of if something doesn't change first.

big-bird-dinner.jpg

"Well, there are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. There are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement and government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. I mean, the president starts off with 48, 49 ... I mean, he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax; 47 percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn’t connect. He’ll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean, that’s what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What I have to do is convince the 5 to 10 percent in the center, that are independents, that are thoughtful, that look at voting one way or the other depending upon, in some cases, emotion, whether they like the guy or not, what he looks like."

- Mitt Romney on veterans, the elderly, low income families, single moms, college students, etc

yep, that be the Mittster from Mass... :lol:

romneywest2012.png

The country already has a leader who divides us with the bitter politics of envy. We have to offer an alternative vision.
Mitt Romney

:lmao:

The country already has a leader who divides us with the bitter politics of envy. We have to offer an alternative vision.
Mitt Romney

Mitt Romney, Back To the Future...

Starring Mitt Romney as George W Bush, Uniter not a Divider

:cool:

Whats up nellie?

We believe in individual initiative, personal responsibility, opportunity, freedom, small government, the Constitution. These principles, these American principles are key to getting our economy back to being successful and leading the world.
Mitt Romney

It's funny how conservatives post quotes based upon substance and libs want to post sound byte snipes.

That said, your values will not always be the object of public admiration. In fact, the more you live by your beliefs, the more you will endure the censure of the world.
Mitt Romney

We have serious enemies and growing threats around the world. Unfortunately, we have an administration whose idea of a rogue state is Arizona.
Mitt Romney

"Words are cheap and a record is real and it's earned with effort. Change can't be measured in speeches. It is measured in achievements. And four years ago, candidate Obama promise to do so much, and he has fallen so short."

Mitt Romney
November, 3, 2012
Englewood, Colorado

Forum List

Back