GREAT piece on God...Goodness...Evil...Love...and 'why?'

Status
Not open for further replies.
wade said:
But the Bush administration is about the support of oligarchies and even monopolies.
No. IT's not.
Furthermore, your statement about monolopolies is not necessarily true. There is such a thing as a "natural monopoly", which is defined by average costs always falling with increasing output. In these cases, "competition" will indeed lead to higher prices, but the market response is of course that only one company will survive such competition. These kinds of monopolies need to be heavily regulated to ensure that they take profits in accordance with normal competitive industries. Classic examples are telephone service (a long topic in and of itself), power distribution, and roadways.
Heavy regulation isn't exactly natural, is it.
If you family is indeed so piss poor as you describe, why in the world would you favor dynastic wealth accumulation? It's both contrary to the basic concepts of capitalism and fairness upon which this nation was built, and harkons back to european fuedalistic thinking.
Don't discuss my family. You're not worthy.
Envy? I don't envy these people, that implies that if I were in their position my position would be different, it would not. I fear them. They are a bigger threat to American democracy than ten Bin-Ladin's.
Whatever. You've lost your mind.
PS: If your Dad is indeed in such a position as you describe he needs to contact a good tax lawyer who can work out a settlement with the IRS as soon as possible. Otherwise, unless he can go 10 years without significant income, he is going to get badly hurt when the IRS acts upon his back taxes. If you're really serious about your Dad's position, PM me and I will send you some info about how to deal with the IRS.

When I want advice from you, I'll beat it out of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back