Great news! We're thinking of releasing the blind sheik!

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
The embassy attacks were successful! All hail Islam and get used to that headgear! Obama rules!

"
The U.S. State Department is actively considering negotiations with the Egyptian government for the transfer of custody of Omar Abdel-Rahman, also known as “the Blind Sheikh,” for humanitarian and health reasons, a source close to the the Obama administration told TheBlaze.
The Department of Justice, however, told TheBlaze that Rahman is serving a life sentence and is not considered for possible “release.” Previous calls to the State Department were referred to the Department of Justice and so far, the State Department has neither confirmed nor denied the report."

All hail Obama! Allah is great!

State Department in Talks to Transfer Blind Sheikh Omar Abdel-Rahman to Egypt, Source Says | TheBlaze.com

I would watch out about putting too much faith into unnamed sources.

There have been a lot of rumors going around in the last few days, a lot of which have been confirmed false.

Was this the same guy who Eric Holder said we need to bring to Justice in an American Court and NOT Guantanamo?

Was this the same guy who Eric Holder said we need to bring to Justice in an American Court and NOT Guantanamo?

No. The "Blind Sheik" was tried in an "American Court" back in 1995, and sentenced to Life.

He was arrested around the corner from my grandparent's house in Brooklyn. I remember when it happened.

Do you remember the month and year of his sentencing? I do, and what happened a couple of weeks before

No. The "Blind Sheik" was tried in an "American Court" back in 1995, and sentenced to Life.

He was arrested around the corner from my grandparent's house in Brooklyn. I remember when it happened.

Do you remember the month and year of his sentencing? I do, and what happened a couple of weeks before

Not very well. I was 12 at the time. :D

What are you referring to?

He was to be sentenced in September of 2001

Omar Abdel-Rahman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, he was sentenced in 1996.

From your link:
On 1 October 1995, he was convicted of seditious conspiracy, and in 1996 was sentenced to life in prison.

The embassy attacks were successful! All hail Islam and get used to that headgear! Obama rules!

"
The U.S. State Department is actively considering negotiations with the Egyptian government for the transfer of custody of Omar Abdel-Rahman, also known as “the Blind Sheikh,” for humanitarian and health reasons, a source close to the the Obama administration told TheBlaze.
The Department of Justice, however, told TheBlaze that Rahman is serving a life sentence and is not considered for possible “release.” Previous calls to the State Department were referred to the Department of Justice and so far, the State Department has neither confirmed nor denied the report."

All hail Obama! Allah is great!

State Department in Talks to Transfer Blind Sheikh Omar Abdel-Rahman to Egypt, Source Says | TheBlaze.com

Well the Lockerbie bomber got to go home and die a hero didn't he?

Al Qaeda Releases New Video of American Hostage - ABC News

Al Qaeda Releases New Video of American Hostage

By MUHAMMAD LILA (@muhammadlila) and RANDY KREIDER
Sept. 12, 2012

KABUL – Al Qaeda has released a new video of American hostage Warren Weinstein delivering a personal message to Israeli Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu.

In the video, Weinstein, 71, believed to be held in the tribal regions along Pakistan's border with Afghanistan, appears healthy and calm, speaking in a soft, controlled manner.

"Unfortunately President Obama and the American government have shown no interest in my case," Weinstein says in the video, seated on a chair with his back slightly slouched, wearing a thin white t-shirt.

"Therefore, as a Jew, I'm appealing to you, Prime Minister Netanyahu, the head of the Jewish state of Israel, one Jew to another, to please intervene on my behalf."

Weinstein, a former Peace Corps and USAID official, was kidnapped from his home in an upscale neighborhood in Lahore in August 2011 after gunmen tricked his security guard into letting them enter the premises. At the time, Weinstein was working as the country director for J.E. Austin Associates, a consultancy firm whose website states its goal is to "improve productivity, to enhance competitiveness, to strengthen management and strategy implementation, and to facilitate economic development." According to the website, the company works with government and non-government organizations.

Al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri first claimed that al Qaeda was holding Weinstein in a December 2011 audio message, and implied that he would use his hostage as a bargaining chip to free "captive soldiers of al Qaeda." "[President] Obama has the power, capacity and authority to free [Weinstein]," said Zawahiri. "He could also leave him in captivity for years, and if he does something stupid, kill him." In March, Zawahiri demanded the release of Pakistani doctor Aafia Siddiqui, "blind sheikh" Omar Abdel-Rahman and members of Osama bin Laden's family in return for Weinstein. ...

Last edited:

No, he was sentenced in 1996.

From your link:
On 1 October 1995, he was convicted of seditious conspiracy, and in 1996 was sentenced to life in prison.

Yes, but I remember some sort of court hearing to do with that creep. Maybe it was his co conspirator. I will have to check

Forum List

Back