Great news! Ezekiel Emanuel wants to kill off Black Folks too!

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
I was worried for a second that only elderly white people were going to be subject to Emanuel's Competitive Effective Council to Build a Superrace of Illegal Alien Dem Voters, but I was relieved to learn that Emanuel has it in for blacks as well.

I found the following response to an Emanuel review of the book "Medical Aparthaid" by the author.

Do you see why Obama wanted to isolate Emanuel, Holdren and the other Euthanasists and Eugenicists from public scrutiny by simply making them Czars?

Harriet Washington responds to Ezekiel Emanuel’s (egregious) review

The New York Times

‘Medical Apartheid’

Published: March 18, 2007
To the Editor:

In 15 chapters and 501 well-annotated pages, my book “Medical Apartheid” offers a careful, nuanced discussion of trends, cases, problems, ethics and persistent patterns in the disparate treatment of black research subjects. However, Ezekiel Emanuel’s review (Feb. 18) ignores its rich content in order to claim that “Medical Apartheid” fails to place the experience of African-Americans in context. He dramatically misrepresents the work within an untrustworthy review that is rife with distortions, contradictions, errors, exaggerations and confusions.

Emanuel’s own troubling research agenda, elements of which I criticize in “Medical Apartheid,” may be pertinent. He champions such dubious policies as offering undue inducement to poor people and offering research subjects in developing countries inferior medications and standards of protection.

I have been allotted 650 words, insufficient for a point-by-point refutation, so I’ll address a smattering of his many mischaracterizations and errors.

Emanuel ignores how consistently “Medical Apartheid” quantifies my statements about the disproportionate use of blacks in abusive medical research. For example, researchers’ own statements reveal that the experimental development of gynecologic surgeries like Caesarian section, vesicovaginal fistula repair and ovariotomy were perfected almost exclusively using enslaved black women. The disproportionate theft of black cadavers was validated by records and events like the 1989 discovery of 9,800 bones, 75 percent from blacks, in the basement of the Medical College of Georgia’s former anatomical laboratory. Dr. Eugene Saenger’s fatal radiation experiments in 1950s Cincinnati were performed on a subject pool that was 75 percent black. The subjects of many other radiation experiments were all black, like the patients at Dooley and St. Phillip hospitals in Virginia who were intentionally given third-degree radiation burns by scientists “for investigational purposes.” By 1983, 43 percent of women sterilized by federally funded eugenic programs were black. Approximately 80 percent of the boys in the 1970s Baltimore XYY studies were black, as were nearly all of the children in that city’s KKI lead study. Every boy in a 1990s New York City fenfluramine experiment was black.

Medical treatment and public-health initiatives can also constitute medical research. Emanuel disingenuously writes as if an initiative must be either one or the other in order to accuse me of conflation. Despite Emanuel’s bewildering claim to the contrary, the “Black Stork” chapter does focus heavily upon medical research, including racialized studies that fueled involuntary sterilizations, Norplant and Depo-Provera investigations, research distortions that created the myth of the “crack baby,” and nonconsensual research with pregnant black South Carolina women.

Far from castigating directly observed therapy for tuberculosis, I lament that it is too often eschewed in favor of imprisonment. Thalidomide is indeed being given to black women subjects in Africa, and researchers fear that its presence in semen may make its use in men hazardous. Despite Emanuel’s assertion, the book is supported by a plethora of notes filling 50 pages.

Emanuel’s tenuous grasp of history is typified by his non-exculpatory focus on tangential, oft-told events and by the errors crammed into the single sentence with which he attempts to reconstruct the U.S.P.H.S. Study of Syphilis in the Untreated Negro Male. The men first were denied Salvarsan, not only penicillin; a significant minority obtained treatment; the study’s goals included not only observation but also a validation of a racially dimorphic progression of syphilis and diagnostic refinements. Researchers’ goals could not be accomplished without autopsy, and so were not achieved before death.

He falsely claims that “for Washington, the answer comes down to one thing: skin color.” Actually, I describe a terrible confluence of factors that changed over time, including a precise variant, scientific racism. My discussion of factors that tempered or trumped racism includes economics, politics, utilitarianism, communitarianism, black complicity, white beneficence, forbidden knowledge, deontological frameworks and social-justice issues. Emanuel’s failure to acknowledge these sophisticated arguments is a startling omission. Perhaps he is interested only in silencing them.

Harriet A. Washington

Chicago

"Emanuel’s own troubling research agenda, elements of which I criticize in “Medical Apartheid,” may be pertinent. He champions such dubious policies as offering undue inducement to poor people and offering research subjects in developing countries inferior medications and standards of protection."

But maybe this is PRECISELY why Obama appointed Emanuel!

Mandatory end of life counseling every 5 years for seniors.

Take a pill. What's the problem? Depending on the pill you might even like it. What the hell, don't be such a pussy!!!! You might even enjoy not getting your life-prolonging surgical procedure.

Frank?

Seek psychiatric help while there's still time.

"Emanuel’s own troubling research agenda, elements of which I criticize in “Medical Apartheid,” may be pertinent. He champions such dubious policies as offering undue inducement to poor people and offering research subjects in developing countries inferior medications and standards of protection." -- Harriet A. Washington in response to Dr. Ezekiel Mengele Emanuel review of her book "Medical Aparthaid"

That's the sick fuck you're busy defending

To be fair, please post your examples of current proposed legislation that includes offering undue inducement to poor people and offering research subjects in developing countries inferior medications and standards of protection"

To be fair, please post your examples of current proposed legislation that includes offering undue inducement to poor people and offering research subjects in developing countries inferior medications and standards of protection"

Dr. Mengele never actually proposed any legislation either.

You can't be serious. All the thought and energy was already used up creating this bullshit. I never knew conservatives could be so creative. Imagine if they put some of that creativity into actually suggesting solutions to problems.

Their "solutions" so far are what got us into the messes we are in now.

Seriously, imagine if they worked at more than trying to destroy the country. Only 6% are scientists, probably even less than that.

The only thing I haven't heard from them are solutions. Unless you could call "Bomb Iran" and "Kill him" solutions. "I hope he fails" was merely a suggestion.

The only thing I haven't heard from them are solutions. Unless you could call "Bomb Iran" and "Kill him" solutions. "I hope he fails" was merely a suggestion.

By "Part of NO", they mean NO ideas.....sad really.

Dr. Mengele never actually proposed any legislation either.

Nice DODGE, CrusaderFrank. But seriously, please post a link to your "sources" that back up your claims of "offering undue inducement to poor people and offering research subjects in developing countries inferior medications and standards of protection"...

When The State Runs The Show, and The State Rules Against You Where do You Turn?

The State sees this as It's Money, It's Resource, It's Right to Determine. Who sets up the Very Payment Structures for Physicians in The first Place. Obama is on TV Today, speaking on Corrupted Doctors chasing after small Fee's. Who set it up that way Mr. Pres.? You are the Executive arm of Government, Where are the Indictments? Show This History of Corruption. You surely have years of proof to back up this claim. Lets see the statistics. Am I studdering? Who else should we not trust Mr. Prez.? Why in Hell do We have Any Reason to Trust You?

Put another way — and the way Michael Scherer and Ezekiel Emanuel would prefer you not to think about — McCaughey pointed out that Emanuel was talking about treatments with some demonstrated value, but not enough value to, in his opinion, be worth the state spending money.

In a January 2009, Ezekiel Emanuel wrote a white paper that health care should be rationed in a way that “promot[es] and reward social usefulness.” An older person, however useful and valuable to a family, may not have social usefulness. In those cases? Emanuel would deny the senior citizen treatment.

No one is saying that Obama wants to shoot granny. Obama and Ezekiel Emanuel want granny to shoot herself when she becomes, according to government bureaucrats, a burden on the state
Left Wing Reporter Can Barely Muster A Credible Defense of Ezekiel Emanuel - Erick’s blog - RedState

No one is saying that Obama wants to shoot granny. Obama and Ezekiel Emanuel want granny to shoot herself when she becomes, according to government bureaucrats, a burden on the state

:cuckoo:

You guys make this too easy. So, are you admitting that there is NO proposals in play right now using any language that speaks of the BS CrusaderFrank brough to the table?

So making You want to Kill yourself, or prioritizing and denying Service is all fun and good. I was just passing through, but You interest me. So I'll stay and catch up a little bit with you. Be specific, what are you looking for?

Looks like the Witch got caught out in the rain. Took a hit. Out or just down?

Assuming that the government-run insurance program that Obama and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi originally sought is now dead, the obvious question becomes what form the revised public-option would take.

The main alternative under consideration is the "healthcare co-op." But a true co-op is owned and operated for the benefit of its members – such as credit unions, which enjoy nonprofit status. And that appears to be a far cry from the system Democrats are eying.

Nina Owcharenko, the deputy director of the Center for Health Policy Studies for the Heritage Foundation, tells Newsmax: "The test will be whether the administration will truly abandon the public plan, or just try to repackage it with a different name, i.e., the co-op. If the government runs it, funds it, or controls it, it is still a public plan."

No health co-op insurance provider exists now, according to Heritage experts. Conceivably, a health-insurance company could be structured to operate like a nonprofit organization, such as a credit union. So far Congress has been unwilling to grant them tax exempt, nonprofit status, however.

Leading Democrats use the "co-op" term loosely and in a way that still appears to provide for federal underwriting. Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., has stated that any co-op must be national in scope, run by federal bureaucrats appointed by the president, and would require substantial start-up funding.

GOP opponents consider that little more than public option in disguise.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., told Fox News Sunday that he's against the co-op proposal. "It sounds a lot like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to me. No, that's not acceptable."

Newsmax.com - Obama in Full Retreat on Healthcare Public Option

Last edited:

Forum List

Back