Great! My vote won't count for 10 days!!!

krisy

Mar 30, 2004
Ohio
I am NOT happy with what happened to me this morning. Here's how it goes. We bought a house in May which is only half a mile from where our apartment was. Because so close,our place to go to vote did not change. So,we re registered in September and a week or so later my husband got his voter registration card for our new address. I thought it was strange because I turned mine in a couple of days before him. So I waited and mine didn't come. SO I called the Board of Elections and they said they had me reigistered at my new address and would send out my new card. O.K. great. Two days later, my husband gets another card,yet I still have none. So I call them again and they say that they have re registered at my new addrress and I should have no problems. For some reason though,theguys said he couldn't send me a card,but did anyway a couple of days later. He ASSURED me everything was fine.

Guess what?!!!!! I goto vote this morning and they don't have me on the list!!!!I was f'ing fuming!!!! So ,I file a f'ing provisional ballot and they tell me it will be counted in 10 freakin days! I come home and call my husband and tell him. (He had allready voted). He told me that when he went in to the table we used to vote at,they had my name there,but his name at the other table with our new addrress. For some reason,it didn't occur to him that this was strange and he went and vote. He didn't tell me on the phone that I was in the book with our old addrress. He just wasn't thinking,and I know it's not his fault ultimately. I am so freakin pissed I could explode after calling the board of Elections 3 times and them assuring me everything was right.It didn't occur to me to go to the old table to see if I was there because they had assured me I was listed at the new address.

Now,in this state where Bush needed my vote badly,it won't count for 10 days. I know by then,it won't matter. I was so mad I was almost in tears!!!!

:lame2: :bsflag:

krisy said:
I am NOT happy with what happened to me this morning. Here's how it goes. We bought a house in May which is only half a mile from where our apartment was. Because so close,our place to go to vote did not change. So,we re registered in September and a week or so later my husband got his voter registration card for our new address. I thought it was strange because I turned mine in a couple of days before him. So I waited and mine didn't come. SO I called the Board of Elections and they said they had me reigistered at my new address and would send out my new card. O.K. great. Two days later, my husband gets another card,yet I still have none. So I call them again and they say that they have re registered at my new addrress and I should have no problems. For some reason though,theguys said he couldn't send me a card,but did anyway a couple of days later. He ASSURED me everything was fine.

Guess what?!!!!! I goto vote this morning and they don't have me on the list!!!!I was f'ing fuming!!!! So ,I file a f'ing provisional ballot and they tell me it will be counted in 10 freakin days! I come home and call my husband and tell him. (He had allready voted). He told me that when he went in to the table we used to vote at,they had my name there,but his name at the other table with our new addrress. For some reason,it didn't occur to him that this was strange and he went and vote. He didn't tell me on the phone that I was in the book with our old addrress. He just wasn't thinking,and I know it's not his fault ultimately. I am so freakin pissed I could explode after calling the board of Elections 3 times and them assuring me everything was right.It didn't occur to me to go to the old table to see if I was there because they had assured me I was listed at the new address.

Now,in this state where Bush needed my vote badly,it won't count for 10 days. I know by then,it won't matter. I was so mad I was almost in tears!!!!

Hang in there girl----it counts to us and if needed it will be there. Hopefully we can celebrate tonight! :D

Let not your heart be troubled. It will work out.

Thanks Avatar. I am just so disappointed. I called the Board of Elections and there is nothing they can do now. I am not sure if they still had me at the old addrress,or at my new addrress and the wrong table. I am just trying to figure out how 3 weeks ago they had me in the computers at my new one,yet they printed me out at the old one. How can that happen. It's raising some questions in my mind being a registered Republican,and if there was some playing with voters going on -Republican voters!!!

dilloduck said:
Hang in there girl----it counts to us and if needed it will be there. Hopefully we can celebrate tonight! :D

True. I told Kevin if he wins,it will soften the dissappointment a lot. That is all that matters-that G.W. wins!!!!

Thanks guys-I feel a little better.

insein said:
why not go to the other table where your name was still isted. You should still be able to vote under your old address if its still there.

I didn't go over at the time because I knew they had my name and new address in their computers,so figured that they wouldn't have me over there. I figured I had just been completely left off the list.Plus,I was so upset I didn't think of it. I did call to find out if I could,but they said that the workers are not allowed to take any ballots back out of the box,it's illegal.I had allready put in my provisional ballot. I even called Republican headquarters-nothing. My vote just won't be counted for 10 days.

krisy said:
....My vote just won't be counted for 10 days.

But it will be counted krisy...That's the good news. If it gets to that, YOU could tip the scales!:clap:

Heck, you'd be on the Today show, and interviewed by Katie Couric..
*If so, SLAP the SHIT OUT OF HER for me...Please.*

krisy said:

Krisy, just so you know Larry and I went after we picked William up from school and had no problems with ours, Thank God, so Bush did get 2 votes from us today, even though I have been tormented by my husband all day long saying he was voting for Kerry, I told him if he did I would cut his balls off and he would be eating them for dinner!! Oh and we got in and out in like 5 minutes. woohoo!!! No long waits for me, the rewards of living in the country!

Sorry to hear about all the mix up problems. The registration stuff was probably being handled by a democrat, They can never be trusted. But your vote will count long before the electroate is chosen, so don't worry, its still good.

I did my voting for Bush on the way home from work. Went in looking for democrats to say or do something but they remained under their rocks while I was there. Kinda disappointing. Wanted to bitch slap at least one before coming home.

Forum List

Back