Great Lakes ice down 71%

Coastal towns soon to face rising sea levels...
:eusa_pray:
As seas rise, researchers say devastating floods could soon wreak havoc on Shore towns
Thursday, March 15, 2012, Living along New Jersey’s 127 miles of coastline has always posed something of a risk.
I never realized that NJ was a great lake state.
No problem. The Industrial Revolution is a myth also.............................
Is that supposed to be an attempt to find an equivalency

Sorry, but a byproduct of the Industrial Revolution is not global warming.

The usual morons posting idiocy. Yes, the lack of ice on the lakes on our northern border is an indictation of a warming. Will a warming climate lower the water levels in the Great Lakes? Maybe, maybe not. Very difficult to predict what will happen in any one spot. The warmer winters would tend to lower the water levels, however, an increase in precipitation could well balance that out.

The jet stream has been further north than usual OR, at least make an attempt at honesty.

The reason for which is?

Oh c'mon Ray.........I respect you highly, my friend, but a correlation between the jet stream being further north or south and climate change? I think floating things like that is hugely damaging to the public perception. There is only a set % of the public who is even going to take that seriously, much less accept it. You can say its "science" all you want but with all the scepticism that already exists, it makes no sense to play that.

As Ive been saying alot around here........those who embrace AGW absolutely are going to have to have a beer and get a new plan. This business of just embracing every single alarmist science nugget that pops up makes the whole AGW community look like extremists. Trust me........Im right.......and there are many notable liberal pundits who agree with me 100%.

Surely it is not. Acid rain is not a byproduct of the industrial revolution. Sulphide air pollution is not a byproduct of burning coal. Polluted rivers are not a byproduct of inadaquete sewage treatment. Now we can go on and on with such nonsense. Fritzy, we know your lies by heart.

The jet stream has been further north than usual OR, at least make an attempt at honesty.

The reason for which is?

Oh c'mon Ray.........I respect you highly, my friend, but a correlation between the jet stream being further north or south and climate change? I think floating things like that is hugely damaging to the public perception. There is only a set % of the public who is even going to take that seriously, much less accept it. You can say its "science" all you want but with all the scepticism that already exists, it makes no sense to play that.

As Ive been saying alot around here........those who embrace AGW absolutely are going to have to have a beer and get a new plan. This business of just embracing every single alarmist science nugget that pops up makes the whole AGW community look like extremists. Trust me........Im right.......and there are many notable liberal pundits who agree with me 100%.

Well, Steve, I wish you were right. But that is not what we are seeing. As for the jet stream moving North, that is what we are seeing now. However, what it will do in the future may be a surprise to everybody. We simply have not observed a change like this before. And the rapid changes in the geologic record given only hints at what the atmosphere was doing on the day to day basis so important to our infrastucture and food supply.

Sea Ice : Weather Underground

Weather patterns

Continued loss of Arctic sea ice may dramatically alter global weather and precipitation patterns in the decades to come. The jet stream will probably move further north in response to warmer temperatures over the pole, which will bring more precipitation to the Arctic. More frequent and intense droughts over the U.S. and other regions of the mid-latitudes may result from this shift in the jet stream. Changes to the course of the jet stream affect weather patterns for the entire planet, and we can expect impacts on the strength of the monsoons and recurvature likelihood of hurricanes. During 1979 to 2006, years that had unusually low summertime Arctic sea ice also had a 10-20% reduction in the temperature difference between the Equator and the North Pole. This resulted in reduced winter precipitation over all of the U.S., Alaska, and Northern Europe. In contrast, increased precipitation fell over Spain, Italy, and Japan during these winters. Although intense La Niña or El Niño events can have a much stronger influence on wintertime weather patterns, reduced summertime Arctic sea ice should give most of the Northern Hemisphere a delayed start to winter during most years for the foreseeable future.

The reason for which is?

It's like a little kid in his car seat claiming his toy steering wheel controls the car.

That's the ecofascists argument effectually.

The usual morons posting idiocy. Yes, the lack of ice on the lakes on our northern border is an indictation of a warming. Will a warming climate lower the water levels in the Great Lakes? Maybe, maybe not. Very difficult to predict what will happen in any one spot. The warmer winters would tend to lower the water levels, however, an increase in precipitation could well balance that out.

You really just make it all up as you go don't you.

How can CO2 both be leaving the oceans in a "Feedback loop" and entering the oceans turning them "Acidic" because the two concepts are mutually exclusive

You really just make it all up as you go don't you.

How can CO2 both be leaving the oceans in a "Feedback loop" and entering the oceans turning them "Acidic" because the two concepts are mutually exclusive
Funny though. last year was like the 7th snowiest on record. Suddenly we're down 71% and it's a trend?

Paging John Nash. The government is wanting you to find more patterns and connections where none exist. John Nash, white courtesy phone.

Forum List

Back