Great idea

A bike generator produces 100W per hour of cycling (or .1kWh). Riding 5 hours a day, a single rider will produce .5kWh. In a month (riding every day, no days off), the same rider will produce 15kWh.

A typical family consumes over 900kWh per month. So, each bicycle would produce about 1.5% of the monthly energy usage of a single home.

An average bike rider will consume 500Kcal per hour of bike riding. Riding 5 hours a day will burn an additional 2500kcal per rider per day.

Every rider will effectively have to double his or her calorie intake daily just to achieve equilibrium.

What would be the economic / environmental impact of requiring twice as much food per citizen in any give population?

I'm pretty sure it will mean having to decriminalize large soft drinks in places like New York.

86514581.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder how much "dirty" energy it takes to manufacture enough of these bikes to power one streetlight?

A bike generator produces 100W per hour of cycling (or .1kWh). Riding 5 hours a day, a single rider will produce .5kWh. In a month (riding every day, no days off), the same rider will produce 15kWh.

A typical family consumes over 900kWh per month. So, each bicycle would produce about 1.5% of the monthly energy usage of a single home.
But the car driver pollutes the atmosphere as well so this way is better.

and, after reading this, I see that man's stupidity knows no bounds.

we have solved our electricity needs, dirt wipes won't let us implement what works.

Forum List

Back