Great Danes

My big boy is a saint..and I WUBBS him!

klaus.jpg

Klauscounter.jpg

klausprofile.jpg

Note the slobber rope from his mouth in this last one.

He is my precious darling.

dobermans here....
Dobies are very pretty, but the wrong temperment for me.

wrong temperament

dobies are now breed to be family pets.....they have no temperament....but to love and be with you....mine is trained to be within 3 ft of me...seemed like a good idea at the time...but causes issues...

but yea he will kill for me...if that is the temperament you are referring too.....hell so will that mastiff they tend to be a bit surly

dobermans here....
Dobies are very pretty, but the wrong temperment for me.

wrong temperament

dobies are now breed to be family pets.....they have no temperament....but to love and be with you....mine is trained to be within 3 ft of me...seemed like a good idea at the time...but causes issues...

but yea he will kill for me...if that is the temperament you are referring too.....hell so will that mastiff they tend to be a bit surly
Oh I know that. I've met many fine ones. They're just a bit too hyper for me and some like to bark way too much. But that's been my experience, so I know that their temperment in these areas are not so great for me. I'm not saying one bit that they're a dangerous dog any more than my Mastiffs are. My doodlebug would swallow them whole. ;)

That's a Rough Coat St. Bernie isn't it?

He's terribly cute and thin too!

:)

Yeah he's pretty lean...his dad was a fairly rangy thing too. Mom was a bit portly.

He's about 18 months old now.

LillyKlaus-1.jpg

CIMG5693.jpg

That was laaate last fall.

beachdogs-1-1.jpg

A year ago with my son's pit bull...funky looking because they were waaay far away, and I zoomed for the pic.

I love sharing the pics, I love digital cameras and computer images and photobucket stuff, it's so much fun.

I repeat a lot of the pics in different threads for that I apologize.

We went day camping in the coastal hills a couple of weeks ago, and he had a blast swimming in the creek and climbing up and down super steep banks. He likes to climb, both up and down, almost perpendicular stuff, he always has.

All time favorite pit bull pic:

CIMG1323-1.jpg

He just gave her a kiss.
Pibbles can be awesome dogs if you train them right, and didn't get a bad breeder. But like owning a gun, understand what you have and act accordingly.

thor isnt hyper ....and he isnt a barker...but it took a shock collar to train him....stubborn and would start barking and then he couldnt hear a command....

i think we all have reasons for our favored breeds....with that said..best dog i have ever had ...golden

They're TERRIERS!

096.jpg

And terriers are nuts.

Just ask Klaus, he'll tell you.

Any dog I have is my favorite breed. I am partial to German Shepherds, and will probably have one in my antiquity, when it's just me at home.

But who knows, I go with the flow. I also love my saint and I am fond of Great Pyrenees, too.

I see most response to my original post are from larger breed lovers. I'm right there with you. Before having Danes for the last 12 years, we had Rotties our first 20 years of marriage. Once I figure out how to do photos here, I will post some.

Forum List

Back