Great Cookie Recipes?

Gem

Rookie
Aug 11, 2004
I'm making cookie trays for friends this year...I have a bunch of good recipes but am always on the lookout for more. Anybody have a cookie recipe that they make every year because its SO good?

I'll start off with a recipe I made last night for the first time...yes, I know its not a cookie per say...but they were yummy and SUPER easy...and will look cute and different on a cookie tray. I'm sure many people know this recipe or one like it...but the ingredients in this one really made it good.

Christmas Hugs

Tiny round pretzels
Hersey's Hugs w/o nuts (white chocolate/chocolate swirl kisses)
M&Ms w/Peanuts in holiday colors

Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees. Place pretzels on a non-stick cookie sheet. Place one unwrapped Hug on each pretzel. Bake in the oven for approximately 5 minutes or until chocolate is shiny. Remove from oven and immediately place 1 M&M on each Hug. Chill in the refrigerator for approximately 1 hour before serving.

ff0105-ej-pretzel-treats.jpg

Yum.

I've been searching for 'heart healthy' treats, I'll be trying this recipe hopefully this weekend. According to the Cookbook, Roll them to 1/4" and then use shapes. Decorate.

Gingerbread From American Heart Association Ingredients:

1 cup new orleans molasses (dark)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ginger
1 cup boiling water
2 1/2 cup flour, unsifted
1 tsp baking soda

Gingerbread From American Heart Association Preparation:

Blend together the first 7 ingle. and stir in the boiling water.

Mix in the unsifted flour. Dissolve the baking soda in 2 T. of hot water;
add to batter. Pour into a greased 8x8x2" cake pan. Bake 30 min. at 350F.
Amer. Heart Assoc.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 266 Calories; 13g Fat (42.4%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg
Cholesterol; 145mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Fat; 1/2
Other Carbohydrates.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
(from The Frog Commissary Cookbook)
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups oats (rolled or "quick," but not "instant")
2 cups chocolate chips (about 12-oz.)

Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugars until mixture is light in color. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the milk and the vanilla extract.

In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Either by hand or with the mixer on low speed, gradually beat the flour in to the sugar mixture until just incorporated.

Stir in the oats and chocolate chips by hand.

Drop 1-inch balls of dough onto the cookie sheet, placing about 1 1/2 inches apart so they have room to spread.

Bake at 350F for 10-13 minutes, until golden brown at the edges and light golden at the center.

Cool on baking sheet for at least 1-2 minutes before transfering to a wire rack to cool completely.

THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE, EVER.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We make these every year, and they are to die for:

Raspberry Lemon Thumbprint Cookies Recipe : Emeril Lagasse : Food Network

Ingredients
1/2 cup raspberry jam or jelly
1 tablespoon Chambord or kirsch
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
2 large egg yolks
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter 2 large baking sheets.

In a small bowl, combine the jam and Chambord. Stir to combine.

In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk to blend.

In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in the egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla. Add the flour mixture in 2 additions and beat just until moist clumps form. Gather the dough together into a ball.

Pinch off the dough to form 1-inch balls. Place on the prepared baking sheets, spacing 1-inch apart. Use your floured index finger or 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon to create depressions in the center of each ball. Fill each indentation with nearly 1/2 teaspoon of the jam mixture. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.

Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.

• Thanks
Reactions: Gem
  • Banned
I was actually looking at Emerill's raspberry lemon thumbprints recipe online and wondering if I should try it! Thanks for the tip, I will definitely make them now.

They are my favorite cookies, ever. If you like lemon and raspberry, you should like them, too. the best part of these cookies is that the cookie part stays very soft and buttery. They are just perfect.

I was actually looking at Emerill's raspberry lemon thumbprints recipe online and wondering if I should try it! Thanks for the tip, I will definitely make them now.

Oh, I made Emerill's raspberry lemon thumbprint cookies last year and they were awesome! I gave it as a present to one of our family members.

This year, I will try Paula Deen's Two Brothers Chocolate Gob Cookies.

You make chocolate cookies and a pink creamy filling with maraschino cherries. I watched her making them last night on the Food Network and they looked great. It is served cold and it looks so fun to make!

Two Brothers Chocolate Gobs Recipe : Paula Deen : Food Network

• Banned
Yay! I'm very glad to have two positive reviews of the recipe before I start on it. I just tried my hand at fudge for the first time...its in the fridge now but, I'm less than optimistic, lol...it was a little crumbly going into the pan.

David S. I have a good chocolate chip recipe too...I'll post it when I have a minute to write it out. :)

Yay! I'm very glad to have two positive reviews of the recipe before I start on it. I just tried my hand at fudge for the first time...its in the fridge now but, I'm less than optimistic, lol...it was a little crumbly going into the pan.

David S. I have a good chocolate chip recipe too...I'll post it when I have a minute to write it out. :)

Please post fudge recipe. I made one from out of the box -- Trader Joe's, but would appreciate one from scratch.

Easy Fudge Recipe

* 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 2/3 cup evaporated milk
* 1/4 cup butter
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 cups milk chocolate chips
* 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup chopped nuts
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

1. Line an 8x8 inch pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine marshmallow cream, sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt. Bring to a full boil, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat and pour in semisweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours, or until firm.

Forum List

Back