great, cheap food

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Well, it's not a recipe, but I figured this belonged here.

The Wal-Mart by me has these sweet BBQ chicken chunks that are really awesome. They're over by the deli, where they sell the fried chicken and stuff. They're only $4 a pound and a half a pound is plenty for me for a meal.

Dan said:

The Wal-Mart by me has these sweet BBQ chicken chunks that are really awesome. They're over by the deli, where they sell the fried chicken and stuff. They're only $4 a pound and a half a pound is plenty for me for a meal.

Doesn't sound bad. Our Wal Mart is a regular one,but they are starting construction on a Super Wal Mart right around the corner and I can't wait!!! I'll be living there!!!

krisy said:
Doesn't sound bad. Our Wal Mart is a regular one,but they are starting construction on a Super Wal Mart right around the corner and I can't wait!!! I'll be living there!!!
Where at, Krisy? I hadn't heard. I like the one in Colerain because it's a 24 hr. one. I like to hit that place at 4 in the morning, after work. Not much traffic.

Dan said:

It's cat meat! ;)

Joz said:
Where at, Krisy? I hadn't heard. I like the one in Colerain because it's a 24 hr. one. I like to hit that place at 4 in the morning, after work. Not much traffic.

Do you know where the Colerain K Mart is? That's where the new Super Wal Mart is going. K Mart has had a store closing sign up for a while. That whole shopping center is coming down-I can't wait!!!Staples is coming down too and going to be rebuilt somehow connected to the Wal Mart. Apparently,there is a tralior park behind the shopping cneter that's coming down too. I didn't even know that existed. I will be so glad to be able to get to Wal Mart in 2 minutes..yipeee!! The good thing is too that our neighborhood is tucked away. Only one way in and out and we won't be extra traffic from it.

krisy said:
Do you know where the Colerain K Mart is?
How cool is that?! When is it slated to be up & running? It's a trifle bit farther for me, but what the heck. What are they going to do with the other Wal-Mart?

Oh, and your mailbox is full, too.

CSM said:
Finally a commercial product of my favorite delicacy!
I made a sign for a fellow bartender that said:
"I love cats.
They taste like chicken"
He'd just spent $700 on two cats....apiece.

Joz said:
I made a sign for a fellow bartender that said:
"I love cats.
They taste like chicken"
He'd just spent $700 on two cats....apiece.
That's $350 per meal!!!! I hope they were purebred Persians!

CSM said:
That was $700 per cat. Guess you could get 2 meals out of each one!
For someone claiming to like eating cats, you happen to be right about the breed. Jeff never really seemed all that bright....

CSM said:

Silly. Persians are $650+ each - not in pairs. (I know - I have one). :D

Joz said:
That was $700 per cat. Guess you could get 2 meals out of each one!
For someone claiming to like eating cats, you happen to be right about the breed. Jeff never really seemed all that bright....
Hey I know haute cuisine when I see it!

Dan said:

I'd told my men that they should go to Wal-Mart, in the morning, to buy their sub sandwiches. why?

Our Wal-Mart makes these very thick (meat thickness) 12 inch subs, then sell them for $6.99. By the end of the day, the subs that were not sold, were sent back to the deli department, to be cut into three, four inch sandwiches and to be sold the next day for $1.50.

I still regret giving off that advice! Oh well, the fried chicken isn't so bad!

Haha.

If you want a really great sub, go to Publix, it's about the best sub sandwich I've had. They use high-quality meat, they're pretty thick (though it's more bread and veggies than meat), and they're, I think, $5.99.

Dan said:
Haha.

If you want a really great sub, go to Publix, it's about the best sub sandwich I've had. They use high-quality meat, they're pretty thick (though it's more bread and veggies than meat), and they're, I think, $5.99.

I posted the best "cheap" sub available in my area. but if you want to die by glutany, at a cheap price, go to the Sub Shack, just outside the east gate of Ft Sill, in Lawton, OK. There lies the MIGHTY "GUTBUSTER"; a $7.99, 12 inch sub, with over three inches of various meats in it; not to mention some tomatoes, lettuce, onions, etc.

Lawton also has the Omlete shack as well. There for $4.99, you can have an omlete with things as simple as tomatoes, or as complicated as anchovies, chili, tuna, avacados, shrimp, etc.

I don't know where every cheap meal is, but I do know two things about Lawton, OK; they feed their people like they feed their cows and they do it at a reasonable price. It's been years since I'd been there, and I'm still trying to burn off weight I'd gained there.

Stop by there when you have the chance.

outside the gate at ft. carson co. there is (well at least used to be, i ets'd out of there in '93) a delivery place there, cant remember the name though. they ahd a 16 inch cheeseburger sub that was freakin HUGE! a little bit pricy, but you got dinner for 2 nights out of it.

Forum List

Back