Great Americans

whaleboat

Aug 30, 2009
I admire many people from our past , the adventurers , explorers , and just Americans in general who were innovative , inventive , risk takers , and just plain tough . One of the historical fiqures I admire is Andrew Carnegie , A Scotish immigrant with no education who built an amazing industrial empire . He did this all on his own through dedication and hard work . With no safety net I might add . And with the great wealth he amassed , he turned his attention to humanitarian pursuits . Pursuits like building libraries and hospitals , and authoring books that that helped people but didn't baby them . Who might be some of you all's idea of great Americans ?

Keith Olbermann, Arianna Huffington, Rachelle Maddow, George Soros, Nancy Pelosi, Jimmy Carter, Barack Obama, the editors of the New York Times, moveon.org, Michael Moore, all the Kennedys, gay people, the ACLU, Vermont, Canadians, Noam Chomsky, Terral, Malcolm X, and so on.

Keith Olbermann, Arianna Huffington, Rachelle Maddow, George Soros, Nancy Pelosi, Jimmy Carter, Barack Obama, the editors of the New York Times, moveon.org, Michael Moore, all the Kennedys, gay people, the ACLU, Vermont, Canadians, Noam Chomsky, Terral, Malcolm X, and so on.

I'd like to echo that only I would add Chris and sealybobo to the top of that list and any Muslim American somewhere in the middle.

Nat Turner was a baby killer . I see no value in what he did . Nancy Pelosi , George Soros ? You're easily impressed .

Rock and Roll would not exist as we know it without Leo Fender or Les Paul.

Andrew Carnegie , Leo Fender , and Les Paul through their own efforts made contributions to our society that has and will bring enjoyment to people for a long , long time . I feel blessed to have been born in a land that has produced so many good people . It simply amazes me that there are people that can't realize what a good nation we are and attempt to detract from that fact every chance they get . I doubt these people could contribute anything good or meaningful in any circumstance they might find themselves in .

George Washington comes to mind first and formost, without his personel appeal and toughness we would not be what we are today as a nation. Sure he made some mistakes during the war but he was strict and gracious and decided to only serve 2 terms as President and declined to be crowned king. A brillant man who knew his limitations and had undoubtedly the best cabinet in US history because of that. I liked what he did during a small insurrection when he was a general "a smaller mutiny took place in the New Jersey Line, involving two hundred men who defied their officers and started out for the state capital at Trenton. Now Washington was ready. Six hundred men, who themselves had been well fed and clothed, marched on the mutineers and surrounded and disarmed them. Three ringleaders were put on trial immediately, in the field. One was pardoned, and two were shot by firing squads made up of their friends, who wept as they pulled the triggers. It was "an example," Washington said." He was tough as nails.

General George Patton was another, and yes Harry Truman. Neil Armstrong, I guess it shows my age when I was a kid we all wanted to be astronauts. Chuck Yeager, for those of you who do not know the first man to break the sound barrier and I met him, a fond memory that brings up. geesh i can go on and on but I will stop there.

Smedley Butler of course. He won 2 Medals of Honor, fought in numerous wars with honor. When he retired, he was responsbile for stopping an attempted coup by a group of bankers against FDR.

After dedicating his life to defending his country, he realized that war is often a racket of the rich that kills the sons and duaghters of the poor and middle class.

His epiphany is far greater than mine but very similar. When you leave the womb of the military after 21 years, it takes some time to put it all into perspective. Support your country but never believe everything you are told by your govenrment without checking it out.

Charles Schultz,Curly, Moe and Larry,Mr. Magoo,Dr. Seuss,Ronald Macdonald, the Frito Bandito, Lassie,Flipper, The Lone Ranger, and all of the others paid to entertain you and keep you from thinking and facing the reality of what was REALLY happening in Amurkastan.
Lets not forget Bozo da klown and Michael Jackson !
Toss in " sir" Alan Greenspan:cuckoo: for good measure.

They did a great service for the elites to do as they wished.

This fellow wasn't Amurkin but he sure helped with some common problems that arose amongst the dissenters.:eek:
Ugo Cerletti: A Brief Biography

Abamillo, Juan TX
Allen, Robert VA
Andross, Miles DeForrest VT
Autry, Micajah NC
Badillo, Juan A. TX
Bailey, Peter James III KY
Baker, Isaac G. AR
Baker, William Charles M. MO
Ballentine, John J. PA
Ballantine, Richard W. Scotland
Baugh, John J. VA
Bayliss, Joseph TN
Blair, John TN
Blair, Samuel TN
Blazeby, William England
Bonham, James Butler SC
Bourne, Daniel England
Bowie, James KY
Bowman, Jesse B. TN
Brown, George England
Brown, James PA
Brown, Robert unknown
Buchanan, James AL
Burns, Samuel E. Ireland
Butler, George, D. MO
Cain, John PA
Campbell, Robert TN
Carey, William R. VA
Clark, Charles Henry MO
Clark, M.B. MS
Cloud, Daniel William KY
Cochran, Robert E. NH
Cottle, George Washington MO
Courtman, Henry Germany
Crawford, Lemuel SC
Crockett, David TN
Crossman, Robert PA
Cummings, David P. PA
Cunningham, Robert NY
Darst, Jacob C. KY
Davis, John KY
Day, Freeman H.K. unknown
Day, Jerry C. MO
Daymon, Squire TN
Dearduff, William TN
Dennison, Stephen England or Ireland
Despallier, Charles LA
Dewall, Lewis NY
Dickinson, Almeron TN
Dillard, John Henry TN
Dimpkins, James R. England
Duvalt, Andrew Ireland
Espalier, Carlos TX
Esparza, Gregorio TX
Evans, Robert Ireland
Evans, Samuel B. NY
Ewing, James L. TN
Faunterloy, William Keener KY
Fishbaugh, William unknown
Flanders, John MA
Floyd, Dolphin Ward NC
Forsyth, John Hubbard NY
Fuentes, Antonio TX
Fuqua, Galba AL
Garnett, William VA
Garrand, James W. LA
Garrett, James Girard TN
Garvin, John E. unknown
Gaston, John E. KY
George, James unknown
Goodrich, John C. VA
Grimes, Albert Calvin GA
Guerrero, José María TX
Gwynne, James C. England
Hannum, James PA
Harris, John KY
Harrison, Andrew Jackson TN
Harrison, William B OH
Hawkins, Joseph M. Ireland
Hays, John M. TN
Heiskell, Charles M. TN
Herndon, Patrick Henry VA
Hersee, William Daniel England
Holland, Tapley OH
Holloway, Samuel PA
Houston, Sam VA
Howell, William D. MA
Jackson, Thomas Ireland
Jackson, William Daniel KY
Jameson, Green B. KY
Jennings, Gordon C. CT
Jimenes (Ximenes), Damacio TX
Johnson, Lewis Wales
Johnson, William PA
Jones, John NY
Kellog, John Benjamin KY
Kenney, James VA
Kent, Andrew KY
Kerr, Joseph LA
Kimbell, George C. PA
King, William Philip TX
Lewis, William Irvine VA
Lightfoot, William J. VA
Lindley, Jonathan L. IL
Linn, William MA
Losoya, Toribio TX
Main, George Washington
Malone, William T. GA
Marshall, William TN
Martin, Albert RI
McCafferty, Edward unknown
McCoy, Jesse TN
McDowell, William PA
McGee, James Ireland
McGregor, John Scotland
McKinney, Robert TN
Melton, Eliel GA
Miller, Thomas R. TN
Mills, William TN
Millsaps, Isaac MS
Mitchell, Edwin T. unknown
Mitchell, Napoleon B. unknown
Mitchusson, Edward F. VA
Moore, Robert B. VA
Moore, Willis A. MS
Musselman, Robert OH
Nava, Andrés TX
Neggan, George SC
Nelson, Andrew M. TN
Nelson, Edward SC
Nelson, George SC
Northcross, James VA
Nowlan, James England
Pagan, George unknown
Parker, Christopher Adam unknown
Parks, William NC
Perry, Richardson TX
Pollard, Amos MA
Reynolds, John Purdy PA
Roberts, Thomas H. unknown
Robertson, James Waters TN
Robinson, Isaac Scotland
Rose, James M. OH
Rusk, Jackson J. Ireland
Rutherford, Joseph KY
Ryan, Isaac LA
Scurlock, Mial NC
Sewell, Marcus L. England
Shied, Manson GA
Simmons, Cleveland Kinlock SC
Smith, Andrew H.
Smith, Charles S. MD
Smith, Joshua G. NC
Smith, William H. unknown
Starr, Richard England
Stewart, James E. England
Stockton, Richard L. NJ
Summerlin, A. Spain TN
Summers, William E. TN
Sutherland, William DePriest unknown
Taylor, Edward TN
Taylor, George TN
Taylor, James TN
Taylor, William TN
Thomas, B. Archer M. KY
Thomas, Henry Germany
Thompson, Jesse G. AR
Thomson, John W. NC
Thruston, John, M. PA
Trammel, Burke Ireland
Travis, William Barret SC
Tumlinson, George W. MO
Tylee, James NY
Walker, Asa TN
Walker, Jacob TN
Ward, William B. Ireland
Warnell, Henry unknown
Washington, Joseph G. KY
Waters, Thomas England
Wells, William GA
White, Isaac AL or KY
White, Robert unknown
Williamson, Hiram James PA
Wills, William unknown
Wilson, David L. Scotland
Wilson, John PA
Wolf, Anthony unknown
Wright, Claiborne NC
Zanco, Charles Denmark
___?___, John a Black Freedman

I admire many people from our past , the adventurers , explorers , and just Americans in general who were innovative , inventive , risk takers , and just plain tough . One of the historical fiqures I admire is Andrew Carnegie , A Scotish immigrant with no education who built an amazing industrial empire . He did this all on his own through dedication and hard work . With no safety net I might add . And with the great wealth he amassed , he turned his attention to humanitarian pursuits . Pursuits like building libraries and hospitals , and authoring books that that helped people but didn't baby them . Who might be some of you all's idea of great Americans ?
Thanks for the library, Mr. Carnegie. Now, could you give me my great grandfather back? You had him shot in Homestead, PA. while he was striking for better working conditions and a few hours off to spend with his family.

Thanks for the library, Mr. Carnegie. Now, could you give me my great grandfather back? You had him shot in Homestead, PA. while he was striking for better working conditions and a few hours off to spend with his family.

In all fairness the strikers done their share of killing. Authorities charged the strike leaders with murder and 160 other strikers with lesser crimes. The workers' entire Strike Committee also was arrested for treason.

Was he shot while throwing dynomite onto the barges that the Pinkertons were on? Or perhaps while he was pumping oil into the river and trying to ignite it? In my opinion both sides were to blame for the deaths. One last question, was your great grandfather a union member?

Last edited:

In all fairness the strikers done their sahre of killing. Authorities charged the strike leaders with murder and 160 other strikers with lesser crimes. The workers' entire Strike Committee also was arrested for treason.

Was he shot while throwing dynomite onto the barges that the Pinkertons were on? Or perhaps while he was pumping oil into the river and trying to ignite it? In my opinion both sides were to blame for the deaths. One last question, was your great grandfather a union member?
My great grandfather, my grandfather and my father were all union members. And gee! Do ya suppose those were trumped up charges? Treason?

Who are the courts more friendly towards? Striking workers with no capital or political pull, or Andrew Carnegie?

Forum List

Back