Great American Roadside Motel

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
motel-103.jpg

I was hoping this would include pictures from the outside. But, these are interesting. Anyone stayed in one of these?

Article @ Mourning the Death of the Great American Roadside Motel | Raw File | WIRED

many times....I'm in one now, but this motel, built in the late 1950's is renovated and does not have the veneer wood paneling from the 1960's-70's..

There is the Author Murray motel down the road that does along with the Bel Aire motel in Noel, Mo. Mostly everything here is old..

Last edited:
we had a TEEPEE villiage on Lakewood lane in Harvey just outside Marquette Michigan . Mostly for tourists that wanted to stay in a plywood teepee in the woods close to Lake Superior . Hunters from lower Michigan also stayed in them .

and the NORTHLAND HOTEL in Marquette Michigan . I stayed there with my parents , brothers and sisters in this hotel in about 1964 . At that time it was the NORTHLAND HOTEL and the bathroom was across the hall . I also worked there as a dishwasher and as a bellman and gopher , waiter , overnight lobby cleaner in about 1965 . The passanger elevator was an OTIS I think and it was brass with manuel controls . At some time in the late 70s the hotel was converted to housing . Looks like its been renamed and remade back into a hotel . --- The Landmark Inn | ---

Forum List

Back