Great Again! Job Numbers +201,000. Wages Up Too!

The change in total nonfarm payroll employment for June was revised down from +248,000

to +208,000, and the change for July was revised down from +157,000 to +147,000. With

these revisions, employment gains in June and July combined were 50,000 less than

previously reported. (Monthly revisions result from additional reports received from

businesses and government agencies since the last published estimates and from the

recalculation of seasonal factors.) After revisions, job gains have averaged 185,000

per month over the last 3 months.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

-----------------------------------
I wonder if these numbers will get revised as well. Also inflation is going up.

The change in total nonfarm payroll employment for June was revised down from +248,000

to +208,000, and the change for July was revised down from +157,000 to +147,000. With

these revisions, employment gains in June and July combined were 50,000 less than

previously reported. (Monthly revisions result from additional reports received from

businesses and government agencies since the last published estimates and from the

recalculation of seasonal factors.) After revisions, job gains have averaged 185,000

per month over the last 3 months.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

-----------------------------------
I wonder if these numbers will get revised as well. Also inflation is going up.
Penelope, you are just finally have to admit that Trump is a resounding success.

Aw, you can read all about it at...

Economy adds more jobs than expected in August, and wage growth hits post-recession high

Don't need more liberal heads exploding....it is getting messy!

171120131302-chart-unemployment-2017-780x439.jpg

Is this chart right? I didn't vet it or anything.

Economy adds more jobs than expected in August, and wage growth hits post-recession high

Let's see if you notice the spike in unemployment after Obama almost spent a trillion dollars after his stimulous and no spike after Trump's tax cuts.....

If you are saying the Bush/Obama stimulus was a short term thing I agree.

If I say unemployment is on a long slide from ~10% to the new low do you agree?

Stupid Corp overlord gave me dollar an HR raise today. 12th yr in a row I've received nice bump.

Let's see if you notice the spike in unemployment after Obama almost spent a trillion dollars after his stimulous and no spike after Trump's tax cuts.....

During downturns, the US government invests in the economy. The 2009 recession was the biggest downturn in the US economy, since the Great Depression. You Little Trumpsters, seem to forget that.
The economy was already heating up, no one can dispute that.
Obama inherits an economic disaster, Trump inherits a strong and growing economy.
Then Trump adds over a trillion dollars to the deficit to a upward growing economy.

During downturns, the US government invests in the economy. The 2009 recession was the biggest downturn in the US economy, since the Great Depression. You Little Trumpsters, seem to forget that.
Obama inherits an economic disaster, Trump inherits a strong and growing economy.
Then Trump adds over a trillion dollars to the deficit to a upward growing economy.
How much did the Obomanation add to the deficit?....Point proven!

National debt, deficit added under President Barack Obama - Business Insider
Business Insider › national-debt-...

Jan 20, 2017 · The increase in debt was 86% under President Obama. ... the national debt under Obama will have grown by about $9 trillion, or an

Do you know how tired that is?

Then we do have this...thanks obomanation!!

• U.S. wages growing at fastest rate in 9 years as unemployment stays at 3.9 percent

Washington Post ^ | Sept. 7, 2018 | Heather long
    Hiring picked up in August and so did worker pay -- registering the fastest wage growth since 2009 in an encouraging sign that wages may finally be moving higher after years of sluggish gains. August was the 95th straight month the U.S. economy added jobs, with a robust 201,000 job gains, the Labor Department reported Friday, while wages for U.S. workers grew at 2.9 percent in the past year. The national unemployment rate remained at 3.9 percent, one of the lowest levels in half a century. The higher pay is a sign that businesses are having to compete hard for...

Jan 20, 2017 · The increase in debt was 86% under President Obama. ... the national debt under Obama will have grown by about $9 trillion, or an

Trump has already added $1.5 trillion and he hasn't completed his first fiscal year, numb-nuts.. At this rate, he'll add more than $12 trillion if he governs for 8 years.

More than that. Cooked books dumped it into GWB total. Not to mention $4T additional FED money. It was not pretty. Nothing to show for all of that.

Mostly Congress fault. BO can ask, but rinodEM could say NO. They all got rich.

The rise in wages WAS very good. But the jobs numbers were LOUSY.

All you people (and the MSM - who are generally clueless about macroeconomics) are looking at is the Establishment Survey. But that is altered by the BLS using the Birth Death Model...a mathetmatical model that just adds or subtracts from the Establishment Survey. In August, it decided to add 104,000 (not seasonally adjusted, granted) 'job's to the Establishment Survey.

CES Net Birth/Death Model

This makes the Establishment Survey iffy at best, IMO.

But the Household Survey - to my knowledge - is NOT altered by some mathematical model...they just post the stats as they get them. Plus, this is the number the U-3 is based on. If you value the unemployment rate...than you HAVE to value the survey that it is based on.

And what did the Household Survey show for August? It showed 423,000 'jobs' LOST. And almost ALL of them were full time jobs.
Well - you might ask - why did the unemployment rate not shoot up? Because a whopping 469,000 people left the workforce...which more than cancelled out the massive jobs lost (as the LFPR dropped 0.2%).

Employment Situation Summary Table A. Household data, seasonally adjusted
Table A-9. Selected employment indicators

And finally, THE best barometer, IMO, of the employment situation - the employment-population ratio...dropped 0.2% (down is bad).

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Any of you who say the jobs numbers were good/great in August simply do not know what you are talking about. The wage rise was very good...the jobs numbers (overall) were lousy.

New Topics

Forum List

Back