Grayson Is Upset With Attack Ads

No it does not. Citizens United changed nothing about foreign donations.

If Alan Grayson is an ass who is ruining the country, I ought to be able to send his opponent $50 to defeat him.

That goes for anyone on the country. You want to prohibit campaign contributions across state lines? Is the SEIU headquartered in Florida? How about the AFL-CIO?

Full disclosure would pretty much settle the issue. Why the resistance?

Same rules lefty PACs play by.

Sorry they don't work for you this time around.

Basically, IMHO, this transcends the left/right thing. My personal preference is for audit trails and tranparency.

The regime will threaten them. Just like Koch Industries and Target Corporation.

Disclosure is tilted in favor of incumbents, who can, and do, use government against private corporations.

Who wants to set themselves up for that?

Last edited:
No it does not. Citizens United changed nothing about foreign donations.

If Alan Grayson is an ass who is ruining the country, I ought to be able to send his opponent $50 to defeat him.

That goes for anyone on the country. You want to prohibit campaign contributions across state lines? Is the SEIU headquartered in Florida? How about the AFL-CIO?

Probably because both parties will ultimately benefit from a deluge of corporate election money, corporations who will only give that money if they can hide behind "this ad paid for by citizens for Senator...".

Initially..yes. But then again, it might have a hand in really evaluating what causes they take up if they want to be viewed by the public favorably.

Probably because both parties will ultimately benefit from a deluge of corporate election money, corporations who will only give that money if they can hide behind "this ad paid for by citizens for Senator...".

Initially..yes. But then again, it might have a hand in really evaluating what causes they take up if they want to be viewed by the public favorably.

So you're saying transparent funding of ads for a specific candidate or issue could be used for PR? I think that's possible. But I don't think that many corporations will want to risk turning off a segment of potential customers because of politics.

It recently came up that Target had funded or supported a candidate who made anti-gay comments or something like that. People were calling for boycotts in the blink of an eye.

It seems like a risky PR move...

I thought we were supposed to boycott target because of not supporting Veterans or French ownership or somesuch other reason.

There is a saying from a very wise man:

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Obviously Alan didn't learn this lesson. If he didn't want people attacking him. He shouldnt be saying mean and untrue things about others.

Are the opposition ads at least being honest? I mean its hard to imagine that they would have to be dishonest. Just wondering.

So you're saying transparent funding of ads for a specific candidate or issue could be used for PR? I think that's possible. But I don't think that many corporations will want to risk turning off a segment of potential customers because of politics.

It recently came up that Target had funded or supported a candidate who made anti-gay comments or something like that. People were calling for boycotts in the blink of an eye.

It seems like a risky PR move...

Exactly. And Target use to have the reputation of being more to the "left" on Social issues. They've actually reached out to the gay community in many of its ads, and provide their workers with a pretty generous benefits package without a government mandate to do so.

Obviously Alan didn't learn this lesson. If he didn't want people attacking him. He shouldnt be saying mean and untrue things about others.

Are the opposition ads at least being honest? I mean its hard to imagine that they would have to be dishonest. Just wondering.

Which mean and untrue thing has Grayson said?

My take is more that he picked up the monkey dung that people like Michelle Bachman have flung..and flung it right back.

IMHO No campaign funds should cross state lines except in presidential elections.
I support States rights.

Like opting out of Obamacare or environmental regulations?

Obama care, perhaps. Environmental regs no way. Polloution knows no state boundaries.

doesn't God say to take good care of our planet?

I'm a conservationist and outdoorsman. I'm 62 years old so I know what I speak of from experience. The dirtiest people in the outdoors are not conservatives. The ones who trash the beautiful places are the big city liberals who go camping once a year.

you didn't see the Taliban Add? You know the one where he made it look like his opponent was saying wives should submit to their Husbands, when in fact he was saying the opposite?

Or how about his ridicules rant about Republicans wanting you to die on the floor of congress.

You have got to be kidding man. Take of your Partisan Blinders.

I see where Grayson supposedly wrote a piece on DuUnderground whining about being attacked in ads. Man it was rich.

I have to give a few credit, they questioned if was REALLY Grayson who wrote it, but the suck up from the people there was pretty damn funny.

Many politicians are fools. He is not from my state so I can only blame him on those who vote for him.

I would like to find a politician who was worth voting FOR, instead of voting against the worst candidate.

Do you really believe Fox is biased and CNN and MSNBC aren't?

Why would I not think MSNBC was biased?

Virtually all network news is opinionistic babble.

Then why your signature singling out Fox?

My take is more that he picked up the monkey dung that people like Michelle Bachman have flung..and flung it right back.

You must have missed the time he said in congress that the republicans answer to national health care is "hurry up and die". I suppose you find nothing over the top about that?

You must have missed the time he said in congress that the republicans answer to national health care is "hurry up and die". I suppose you find nothing over the top about that?

I think whats sad and amusing about that comment is that he supported that very idea by voting for the "health care bill"

I think whats sad and amusing about that comment is that he supported that very idea by voting for the "health care bill"

That video is very sad. Two sissyfied dweebs being martyrs for the cause. It's a hard job to carry water for their Master these days.

As far as foreign money in US election, I think only Progressives are positively influenced by commercials that start off with, "Durka durka Death to America the great Satan!!"

The Citizen's United ruling allows countries like Saudi Arabia to influence American elections. Even countries like Iran can toss money into the kitty and not be disclosed. That should be a cause for concern. Every local election has become nationalized thanks to this rubbish.

Of course it's an issue now that it looks like the GOP will win many elections in the House and some career Senators are having a tougher then expected time of it.Now the crying begins with the left.:lol:

Forum List

Back