Gravy

I don't know why we had milk gravy with roast, probably because she burned the brown gravy lolol. Or maybe we were having chicken fried steak..I don't remember. I just remember the gravy, on my plate, and asking for more and asking what it was because I thought it was pudding. I remember asking what it was and mom was like "That's gravy, silly!" and I argued with her, then was embarassed because I didn't recognize it as gravy hahaha.

I was probably suffering from a fever, most of my most vivid childhood dreams circle around me being sick hahahaha

Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, white gravy, homemade biscuits and corn may actually be the most perfect meal out there.

I personally use cubed steak, but I suppose you could use any steak you like.

Or the breakfast version...
chicken fried steak, fried potatoes, eggs, biscuits, and white gravy.

My perfect breakfast=

2 biscuits, split, sausage white gravy on top. Two eggs over easy on top of that, extra patty sausage on each biscuit half.

2 pcs bacon + 2 pcs link sausage + OJ ..done!

Yeah..Sirloin fer Chicken-fried steak? :eek:

He's a rich man. What'd we used to use? Oh yeah..Cube Steak.

I beg to differ, the fat's the good part! :funnyface:

He does teach how not to come up with battery tree frog-fingers, though.

You can find sirloin that's cheaper than cube steak or hamburger. Wait till it goes on sale and stock up.

We used round steak....which can also be more expensive than sirloin..and is, in fact, cube steak before it's cubed.

But cubed steak is fine too, certainly easier than tenderizing your own..though you have to be careful. Sometimes, even though it's cubed it's tough as freaking nails.

I know I liked the wet hand/dry hand too!!

Goddamn y'all some gravy fanatics!

But how do you cook your bacon?

Fry it up in a fry pan.....preferably cast iron. Though I do mine around medium to medium high for a good crispy crunch
I usually cut the slices in half, weave them together and bake them on a cookie sheet.

Sort of like this.

640x478_ac.jpg

640x960.jpg

This method is great for making BLTs.

The bacon cooks very evenly.

And sometimes I just use one of those George Foreman style clamshell grills. Those are quick and the bacon grease drains off into a tray. A very convenient and non-awkward way to collect the bacon grease for use in recipes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back