Gratuitous Titillation

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
From the comfort of my Family Room Couch the other day, I watched some of the New Year's Eve festivities on television. I gather that they were being broadcast from Times Square in New York.

The program was mainly "music," presented by various "acts" on a stage that had been set up for it.

I don't expect to like all of the music presented (I didn't), and for what it's worth I was only looking to observe whether the singers and musicians seemed to be talented and performing well.

But from what I saw, all of the female "singers" were accompanied by gangs of half-naked young women, dancing around the stage going through suggestive gyrations in simulation of - basically - sexual intercourse. the cameras regularly picked up video of audience members - mainly female - basically doing the same thing, albeit with clothing more appropriate to the temperature, which I gather was rather cool.

The guy I saw singing was wearing normal attire, sitting on a stool and accompanying himself singing with his guitar. No dancing, no army of people dancing and singing around him, none of that.

So exactly what is the point of the sexual extravaganza? To distract the audience from seeing and hearing that the music wasn't very good? I really don't get it.

I didn't actually see the fiasco with Mariah Carey as it unfolded, but what the fuck is she doing, as an artist? She has the voice of an angel, all the talent in the world, and she comes out looking like a 50 year old overweight hooker, with no intention - apparently - of actually singing for the audience. It's all lip-synch faux musical bullshit.

Who is running the show? and

Who is the intended audience?

I'm only glad I didn't pay to see it. they would have had some vandalism to deal with if I had.

How `bout dat Mariah Carey?...

... she fergot the words...

... to her own songs...

... an' she gettin' pudgy too!

From the comfort of my Family Room Couch the other day, I watched some of the New Year's Eve festivities on television. I gather that they were being broadcast from Times Square in New York.

The program was mainly "music," presented by various "acts" on a stage that had been set up for it.

I don't expect to like all of the music presented (I didn't), and for what it's worth I was only looking to observe whether the singers and musicians seemed to be talented and performing well.

But from what I saw, all of the female "singers" were accompanied by gangs of half-naked young women, dancing around the stage going through suggestive gyrations in simulation of - basically - sexual intercourse. the cameras regularly picked up video of audience members - mainly female - basically doing the same thing, albeit with clothing more appropriate to the temperature, which I gather was rather cool.

The guy I saw singing was wearing normal attire, sitting on a stool and accompanying himself singing with his guitar. No dancing, no army of people dancing and singing around him, none of that.

So exactly what is the point of the sexual extravaganza? To distract the audience from seeing and hearing that the music wasn't very good? I really don't get it.

I didn't actually see the fiasco with Mariah Carey as it unfolded, but what the fuck is she doing, as an artist? She has the voice of an angel, all the talent in the world, and she comes out looking like a 50 year old overweight hooker, with no intention - apparently - of actually singing for the audience. It's all lip-synch faux musical bullshit.

Who is running the show? and

Who is the intended audience?

I'm only glad I didn't pay to see it. they would have had some vandalism to deal with if I had.
You care about this? :eusa_eh:

Why were all those half naked women dancing around and sexually gyrating to the music?

Simple.................same reason FOX and Friends has a woman in a short skirt sitting dead center of the camera, flanked by 2 guys.

Sex sells.

It's one of the strongest human instincts.

I don't think M. Carey forgot the words. The music coming into her ear buds was out of synch with what was playing over the loudspeakers. That would be enough to confuse anyone. Give her credit for not melting down, which many would have done.

I don't think M. Carey forgot the words. The music coming into her ear buds was out of synch with what was playing over the loudspeakers. That would be enough to confuse anyone. Give her credit for not melting down, which many would have done.

I was watching some science show on television once, and they had a device that would let you hear your own voice a half second AFTER you said something. People who wore it and tried to talk ended up stuttering and getting confused.

Forum List

Back