Grassroots Groups Angered by High Fees for Palin Speech

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
“I think it is a great con of people making money off the passions of others,” said Erick Erickson, the editor of RedState.com and sponsor of the biannual RedState Gathering convention, in an e-mail to TWI. “A $500+ per person fee to a for-profit organization run by people most people have never heard of is neither populist nor accessible for many tea party activists. It smells more like a scam using Sarah Palin to build legitimacy while lining pockets with money from hard working tea party activists.” After talking to TWI, Erickson put up a blog post making the argument in even more detail.

Tea Party Convention Drama Fueled by Emerging GOP Alliance « The Washington Independent

“I think it is a great con of people making money off the passions of others,” said Erick Erickson, the editor of RedState.com and sponsor of the biannual RedState Gathering convention, in an e-mail to TWI. “A $500+ per person fee to a for-profit organization run by people most people have never heard of is neither populist nor accessible for many tea party activists. It smells more like a scam using Sarah Palin to build legitimacy while lining pockets with money from hard working tea party activists.” After talking to TWI, Erickson put up a blog post making the argument in even more detail.

Tea Party Convention Drama Fueled by Emerging GOP Alliance « The Washington Independent

well, duh

When Palin was on O'Reilly the other day she said she is waiving the speaking fee for a Tea Party where she is the keynote speaker. Seems odd she would waive the fee for one thing and charge for another??

What the hell is Tea Party Nation??? The Tea Party I in my city had no fee. Jeeze.

Last edited:
Grassroots Groups Angered by High Fees for Palin Speech....

What? Should she get less than men for the same thing?

I heard/saw her say that she appeared at Tea Part event without a fee.