Graphics

April

AngelsNDemons
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2012
Heaven and Hell
If any one can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

When posting certain graphics that are meant to 'blend' with the color background, or is supposed to be transparent - like a sticker - I almost always end up having either the black or white background show - especially on this site that has a grey background.
Is there a way I can place graphics that are meant to 'blend' from my photobucket to here?
Or from any other graphics site?
lol...I know no other way to explain my query...:redface:

When posting certain graphics that are meant to 'blend' with the color background, or is supposed to be transparent - like a sticker - I almost always end up having either the black or white background show - especially on this site that has a grey background.
Is there a way I can place graphics that are meant to 'blend' from my photobucket to here?

Most programs have a transparent option for the background. Maybe you should use irfanview. It can be easily downloaded

Download IrfanView

Most programs have a transparent option for the background. Maybe you should use irfanview. It can be easily downloaded

Download IrfanView

Thank you...I'll check it out.
The only question I have about that though, is will it show to others, even though it's a download to my own computer?

yes... crop them. Do you have an example?

keep bumping the thread... and maybe someone else will have an answer for you.

:)

Well...I am trying to figure it out on my own...I was able to post against the grey background with certain animated and non animated graphics from the same site I got the 'kiss' from...but, as far as trying to get them to do the same in my sig line...that's pretty much a no go, and I don't get why that is.
Am I not allowed to use them in my sig line?

lol...I may not upload animated graphics in mah sig...don't I feel stupid now.
Please forgive me, I am still learning the ropes here.

I know exactly what you mean.

You'll have to delete the background in a program like Photoshop. Gimp is a free alternative that should work as well, although I'm not too familiar with it.

Once the background is deleted, you'll have to save the picture in .PNG format, or .GIF with transparency enabled, as other formats such as .JPG will make that transparent background on your pictures appear white.

That's it; hope that helps.

Edit - Here's a video I found that should make things a bit easier to understand.

Last edited by a moderator:

New Topics

Forum List

Back