Granny of the Year Tries to Sell Baby at Best Buy

Ha ha. I generally agree with that quote, but not here. Background checks, etc. need to be done before a child is sold, don't ya think?

I am a big proponent of adoption. If young moms can make a buck off it, I don't care. The cost of raising an unwanted child is far greater.

There are no background checks for idiots who have babies. Why because a a kid is adopted is it such an issue?

It happened in the parking lot of a Best Buy, but there was nothing good about the sale taking place: a Holly Hill woman handing her 8-week-old grandson over to a stranger in exchange for $30,000.

Patty Bigbee, 45, originally offered the child for $75,000 before agreeing to a lower price, according to the Daytona Beach News-Journal.

Authorities would not say how the buyer originally found out the child was for sale, or whether the Internet was involved, but said the buyer became gravely concerned and immediately began working with police to set up a sting.

Bigbee and her boyfriend, 42-year-old Lawrence Work, arrived at the Daytona Beach store to meet the buyer Friday afternoon and began unloading a stroller and toys. Police waited until the child was safe in his new car seat before taking the pair into custody.

The boy is now in the care of the Department of Children and Families.

Florida Woman Arrested After Selling Grandson For $30,000 | NBC Miami

article-0-0BEFC748000005DC-132_468x286.jpg

The saddest part of this story is that infant probably would have been better off with a buyer.

Please note that this is not USMB's beloved little Granny. :D

Ha ha. I generally agree with that quote, but not here. Background checks, etc. need to be done before a child is sold, don't ya think?

I am a big proponent of adoption. If young moms can make a buck off it, I don't care. The cost of raising an unwanted child is far greater.

There are no background checks for idiots who have babies. Why because a a kid is adopted is it such an issue?

This is a good question.

Florida's child welfare agencies are pathetic. They lost several children they had placed in foster care while I was there. A bush was Governor too.

A valid point.

The purpose the kid is adopted for.

There was a case a few years back of a couple guys who adopted a kid as a sex toy.

The purpose the kid is adopted for.

There was a case a few years back of a couple guys who adopted a kid as a sex toy.

Couples routinely sexually abuse their kids some people even have kids so they can be organ donors for an existing child.

No one is screening them.

Forum List

Back