Granny is back in Civilization

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
Granny has been STRANDED in the mountains of TN at the KY state line for a week. She is glad to finally be back home. She was snowed upon day after day after day ... with no transporation (and even if she had transportation she would have left it parked in the garage) because of the twisting, turning, up and down mountainous country back roads covered in ice because they never see sunlight.

Oh, my God!! I have never seen snow like this - it was like talcum powder. You had to focus two or three times just to be sure you were actually seeing snow or an optical illusion. We got about 2 inches, but if it had been "real" snow with big flakes that could be easily seen we would have had 2 feet of the stuff.

There's no way I'm going to work my way through a week's worth of posts. I'm tired and I'm going to bed. In my own house. All by myself.

G'nigh, my chicadees. :tongue:

Welcome back to your own nest. I know you are glad to be home. We had a bit of agrivation over Christmas with an ice storm. At just after midnight on Dec. 24th we lost electricity due to an ice storm. We didn't get it back until about 10:30 am on Dec. 26th. Naturally, it snowed quite a bit after the ice storm cause sometimes Mother Nature likes to kick you when you're down but we made out ok. It was pretty cold so Mrs. BBD and I caught up on our cuddling with lots of quilts thrown on the bed to keep warm. We had plenty of bottled water in the house and stuff to eat that didn't require cooking. Actually, it was kind of nice. We cuddled and caught up on things we needed to talk about, and thrashed about like a couple of crazed squirrels for over two days. Was very glad to get electricity back, heat and a nice hot shower. Sometimes Mother Nature does you a real favor.

Granny has been STRANDED in the mountains of TN at the KY state line for a week. She is glad to finally be back home. She was snowed upon day after day after day ... with no transporation (and even if she had transportation she would have left it parked in the garage) because of the twisting, turning, up and down mountainous country back roads covered in ice because they never see sunlight.

Oh, my God!! I have never seen snow like this - it was like talcum powder. You had to focus two or three times just to be sure you were actually seeing snow or an optical illusion. We got about 2 inches, but if it had been "real" snow with big flakes that could be easily seen we would have had 2 feet of the stuff.

There's no way I'm going to work my way through a week's worth of posts. I'm tired and I'm going to bed. In my own house. All by myself.

Mountains! You call those knobs mountains! And snowed in with only two inches! Sounds like an excuse to me!

Mountains! You call those knobs mountains! And snowed in with only two inches! Sounds like an excuse to me!

Got to come to Granny's defense a little. I know that part of the country well and although I have to agree that two inches of snow isn't a whole lot, and those mountains there aren't the highest in the country, the roads there in parts of those mountains have more curves and angles in them than a 9th grade algebra test. With just a little ice and snow they can be pretty bad news. If there was a coffee pot, a little bit of heat and somebody to talk too I would have stayed there too!

Got to come to Granny's defense a little. I know that part of the country well and although I have to agree that two inches of snow isn't a whole lot, and those mountains there aren't the highest in the country, the roads there in parts of those mountains have more curves and angles in them than a 9th grade algebra test. With just a little ice and snow they can be pretty bad news. If there was a coffee pot, a little bit of heat and somebody to talk too I would have stayed there too!

I know, just being my usual angelic self (Did somebody say fallen?) and razzing her. :tongue:

o give me a damned break....we get a little snow and everyone freaks...i didnt miss a damn beat due to the snow....no man drove my ass to work or pampered me....(da man is pointing out...he did clean off the car and crank it..and he did drink me to work a few days after the 8 inches of snow) blah! i say blah! we have slowly adjusted to the onset and staying of winter....firewood that normally would last two years...well we figure at this rate we will be out mid feb? soooooooo my first mlb off in 8 years....i am spending....doing what...say it with me....collecting firewood....

Awww. I didn't mean to sound whimpy. I love snow! But, having been attacked by and damaged by a tow truck while trying to navigate on an icy interstate a week earlier (thereby depriving me of transportation) ... I'm just not real fond of icy roads at the present moment.

Having said that, the powdery two inches of snow that accumulated was not the issue. The issue would have been thick ice on narrow, curvy, unmarked country roads that had not been attended to in any way, shape or form by DOT and being left with the option of a shear cliff of rocks on one side of the road or a trip down an embankment for God knows how far on the other side of the road.

I got my first driver's license in Buffalo, NY. Now there's a place that has a little snow every once in awhile!! At all other times it has a LOT of snow!! :lol:

Forum List

Back