grandstanding asshole mayor menino backs down on chik fil-a

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino repeated today that he doesn’t want Chick-fil-A in Boston, but he backed away from a threat to actively block the fast-food chain from setting up shop in the city.

“I can’t do that. That would be interference to his rights to go there,” Menino said, referring to company president Dan Cathy, who drew the mayor’s wrath by going public with his views against same-sex marriage.

The mayor added: “I make mistakes all the time. That’s a Menino-ism.”

Menino says he can’t actively block Chick-fil-A - BostonHerald.com

the only bigger asshats in boston are the ones that keep reelecting this buffoon.

he's like an alcatraz around their necks.

Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino repeated today that he doesn’t want Chick-fil-A in Boston, but he backed away from a threat to actively block the fast-food chain from setting up shop in the city.

“I can’t do that. That would be interference to his rights to go there,” Menino said, referring to company president Dan Cathy, who drew the mayor’s wrath by going public with his views against same-sex marriage.

the only bigger asshats in boston are the ones that keep reelecting this buffoon.

Seems tax receipts trump pious posturing.

Shocking!

• Banned

Shocking!

more likely he pulled his fat head out of his ass long enough for the city's lawyers to explain the 14th amendment to him using very small words and pictures. :lol:

if you've ever wondered what happened to the original bozo, he's alive and well and mayor of boston

ab04b9_Menino_12202009.jpg

:lol: I once knew an albatross named alcatraz...

“Originally, I said I would do everything I can to stop them. And that was mostly using the bully pulpit of being mayor of the city and getting public support,” Menino said in an interview at City Hall. “But I didn’t say I would not allow them to go for permits or anything like that. I just said we would do everything we can, bully-pulpit wise.”

But Thursday, Menino clarified his view, saying that it would not be within his power to take any steps to prevent the business from establishing a franchise in the city and he could not deny permits to the company. His only recourse, he said, is expressing his disapproval.

“Yes, people have criticized me, I understand that,” Menino said. “But I have feelings ... I have my First Amendment rights also. I’m expressing them.”

Menino maintains his opposition to Chick-file-A but admits he can’t stop the chain from coming to Boston - Metro Desk - Local news updates from The Boston Globe

Shocking!

more likely he pulled his fat head out of his ass long enough for the city's lawyers to explain the 14th amendment to him using very small words and pictures. :lol:

if you've ever wondered what happened to the original bozo, he's alive and well and mayor of boston

ab04b9_Menino_12202009.jpg
I s'pose that coulda worked, too. :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back