Grandpa, Pregnant Mom Tasered at Baptism Party

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Kevin_Kennedy, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    [youtube]VPRrHYn3TiU[/youtube]

It's time to take these torture devices out of the hands of police officers. They can't be trusted to use them correctly.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Smartt33

Smartt33 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +147
    I have not followed up on the story, but the Police, in many cities, are a bunch of egomaniacs who need psychological testing to see just how safe they really are. Accorgding to a "formerly approved" homeland Security's report, they too would be on the list of potential terrorists.

3. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    The one problem with taking the tasers away from the cops in this case is that if they didn't have tasers that grandfather and the pregnant mother could very likely be dead today. The cops might have used lethal force rather than the tasers right there in front of the children.

**sarcasm on** It was oh so obvious that the grandfather was disorderly in the video. **sarcasm off**

4. Kevin_Kennedy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    I disagree. I think cops are so quick to use their tasers in instances like these because they see them as being non-lethal. Of course tasers can very well be lethal, but they are seen as a non-lethal way to subdue someone. I don't think they'd pull out their gun in an instance like this if they didn't have their tasers.

5. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    You might be right, but I would not want to find out the hard way.

Also, there are two sides to every story. The report doesn't really give the policemen's side of the story. The family indicates that it was excessive force. Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't.

Immie

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Gudrid

Gudrid Bilderbergs' Catcher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Well, based on that video, I don't think there's any maybe about it. Sure those look like cute little kids eating around a table, but they're really midget strippers. Once that camera was focused on the cops, they were dancing on the tables. That's the part they don't tell you that makes it all make sense. And it's clear in that video that grandpa was a disruptive wild man. Did you see the way he was standing there all still....like a tiger about to spring. Don't let em' fool you. They're wiley, those grandpas, and they're at their most dangerous at baptismal parties.

7. Kevin_Kennedy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    Well we have the report which says that the man was drunk and disorderly, and I think the video shows that he at least wasn't disorderly. However, I would like to point out that it's not a crime to be drunk on your own property and disorderly conduct can only apply to public places per the Virginia Code.

Legislative Information System

8. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124
    Funny that they had a video camera and had it trained on the officers, but no video of the incident aired?

And where was the audio on the clip from the party...couldn't air that...music was too loud...didn't want to taint this great story we have.

Something is rotten in Denmark.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  9. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,985
    Get with the story man, cops are always wrong, always evil, always dangerous, RIGHT UP TO THE MOMENT ONE SAVES YOUR ASS.

Convenient how the tape ONLY shows what it does ehh?

10. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    I think this is a case of the cops going overboard. You don't tase people on the ground unless they act like they're going to get up and get you.

The fact that they were tased in the back says a lot...particularly the woman.