Grandpa, Pregnant Mom Tasered at Baptism Party

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
[youtube]VPRrHYn3TiU[/youtube]

It's time to take these torture devices out of the hands of police officers. They can't be trusted to use them correctly.

It's time to take these torture devices out of the hands of police officers. They can't be trusted to use them correctly.

I have not followed up on the story, but the Police, in many cities, are a bunch of egomaniacs who need psychological testing to see just how safe they really are. Accorgding to a "formerly approved" homeland Security's report, they too would be on the list of potential terrorists.

The one problem with taking the tasers away from the cops in this case is that if they didn't have tasers that grandfather and the pregnant mother could very likely be dead today. The cops might have used lethal force rather than the tasers right there in front of the children.

**sarcasm on** It was oh so obvious that the grandfather was disorderly in the video. **sarcasm off**

The one problem with taking the tasers away from the cops in this case is that if they didn't have tasers that grandfather and the pregnant mother could very likely be dead today. The cops might have used lethal force rather than the tasers right there in front of the children.

**sarcasm on** It was oh so obvious that the grandfather was disorderly in the video. **sarcasm off**

I disagree. I think cops are so quick to use their tasers in instances like these because they see them as being non-lethal. Of course tasers can very well be lethal, but they are seen as a non-lethal way to subdue someone. I don't think they'd pull out their gun in an instance like this if they didn't have their tasers.

I disagree. I think cops are so quick to use their tasers in instances like these because they see them as being non-lethal. Of course tasers can very well be lethal, but they are seen as a non-lethal way to subdue someone. I don't think they'd pull out their gun in an instance like this if they didn't have their tasers.

You might be right, but I would not want to find out the hard way.

Also, there are two sides to every story. The report doesn't really give the policemen's side of the story. The family indicates that it was excessive force. Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't.

Immie

Well, based on that video, I don't think there's any maybe about it. Sure those look like cute little kids eating around a table, but they're really midget strippers. Once that camera was focused on the cops, they were dancing on the tables. That's the part they don't tell you that makes it all make sense. And it's clear in that video that grandpa was a disruptive wild man. Did you see the way he was standing there all still....like a tiger about to spring. Don't let em' fool you. They're wiley, those grandpas, and they're at their most dangerous at baptismal parties.

You might be right, but I would not want to find out the hard way.

Also, there are two sides to every story. The report doesn't really give the policemen's side of the story. The family indicates that it was excessive force. Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't.

Immie

Well we have the report which says that the man was drunk and disorderly, and I think the video shows that he at least wasn't disorderly. However, I would like to point out that it's not a crime to be drunk on your own property and disorderly conduct can only apply to public places per the Virginia Code.

Legislative Information System

Funny that they had a video camera and had it trained on the officers, but no video of the incident aired?

And where was the audio on the clip from the party...couldn't air that...music was too loud...didn't want to taint this great story we have.

Something is rotten in Denmark.

Last edited:
Funny that they had a video camera and had it trained on the officers, but no video of the incident aired?

And where was the audio on the clip from the party...couldn't air that...music was too loud...didn't want to taint this great story we have.

Get with the story man, cops are always wrong, always evil, always dangerous, RIGHT UP TO THE MOMENT ONE SAVES YOUR ASS.

Convenient how the tape ONLY shows what it does ehh?

I think this is a case of the cops going overboard. You don't tase people on the ground unless they act like they're going to get up and get you.

The fact that they were tased in the back says a lot...particularly the woman.

how can you be arrested for public drunkness on your own property? this is madness...how many cops did they send out to deal with a loud party? it was during the day..chances are its not a bunch of gang bangers....o wait they are hispanic....bring out the tasers...white cops gone bad

how can you be arrested for public drunkness on your own property? this is madness...how many cops did they send out to deal with a loud party? it was during the day..chances are its not a bunch of gang bangers....o wait they are hispanic....bring out the tasers...white cops gone bad

It was religious persecution, I tell you!

BTW, looking at the video, not all the cops were white. Just sayin'

I was in a life threatening situation at work and a cop with a Tazer saved my life. You need to realize without Tazers cops with have to use lethal force more and more.

Get with the story man, cops are always wrong, always evil, always dangerous, RIGHT UP TO THE MOMENT ONE SAVES YOUR ASS.

Convenient how the tape ONLY shows what it does ehh?

Prefacing that some cops are drawn to that world as are pedophiles to playgrounds or social defuncts are to the military, I would suggest overwhelming most officers are doing their job in a difficult situation with limited resources. Being tasered is better than being shot. Give the cops benefit of the doubt unless the tape obviously indicts their behavior.

There may very well be something rotten in Denmark here with this video, but I have to admit that I don't trust cops. And as for them "saving my ass", get real. The odds are far greater that they'll be scraping my ass of the sidewalk after some punk has shot me and run away. The cops will show up 6 or 7 minutes after I died to "save the day and control the situation". But.....if I go 36 in a 30 zone, I guarantee they'll be there to "protect and serve"...you know why? They get paid for directing people to the courthouse, they don't get paid to deal with hardened criminals, unless they accidently pull over a hardened criminal who has a roach in his ashtray.

I was in a life threatening situation at work and a cop with a Tazer saved my life. You need to realize without Tazers cops with have to use lethal force more and more.

I don't agree. Think why they're using the taser in the first place, because the situation doesn't call for lethal force. Take away their personal torture toy and cops would likely find a different way to diffuse a situation that doesn't require lethal force, or they'd realize that no force is required at all to control the situation.

I agree with Kevin. Weapons aren't necessary to diffuse most situations, it's too bad that a lot of cops seem to think they are. We're seen as an enemy now. If you don't believe me, go to your local cop bar and listen to them for awhile. A good cop should know that just being visible and engaged can diffuse most situations.

they were probally illegal, don't worry they'll get paid off and let go. thanks to some atheist for calling the law, more tax dollars given away

Forum List

Back