Grandpa & Grandma

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I've been blessed with 2 grandchildren so far and I have high hopes of many more..:rock:

Still though.. when I'm referred to as Grandpa .. it feels kinda odd, like I'm old or something... which I guess I am...:eusa_doh:.. and...:lol:

I would love to be called Grandma. Not yet, though.....my selfish child will not urp up any babies.

Good for you, Lumpy.

Well heck.. it's not like we're going to live forever...:lol:

I would love to be called Grandma. Not yet, though.....my selfish child will not urp up any babies.

Good for you, Lumpy.

That's what I dun get about people who fear aging. They want to live to be 100, but only enjoy life while their in their 20's and 30's? WTF?

First, there's the rush to grow up, then the wish to slow it down.. but alas.. time flies, it seems, as you grow older...

Me.. I don't really mind getting older but I regret what I'm going to miss...:(

That's what I dun get about people who fear aging. They want to live to be 100, but only enjoy life while their in their 20's and 30's? WTF?

First, there's the rush to grow up, then the wish to slow it down.. but alas.. time flies, it seems, as you grow older...

I'm good with dying, Lumpy. What would be the alternative? Living to 150 years old? 200?

Would you be any more ready to go? And what quality of life could such people have?

I'm good with dying, Lumpy. What would be the alternative? Living to 150 years old? 200?

Would you be any more ready to go? And what quality of life could such people have?

I suppose... I'll decide on dying when I'm actually faced with it...:lol:

When I see loved ones dealt the, "death card" and I see their desperation for life with all the pain and suffering, I'm not quite so cavalier..

When I see loved ones dealt the, "death card" and I see their desperation for life with all the pain and suffering, I'm not quite so cavalier..

I have had the very opposite experiences. Some people I've known who have died have been quite at peace about it. And of course, most everyone I know my age is talking about it.

I have had the very opposite experiences. Some people I've known who have died have been quite at peace about it. And of course, most everyone I know my age is talking about it.

I have experienced that also... when the acceptance kicks in..

I'm starting to feel sad now... You got something funny?

flowchart_manipulating_boyfriend.jpg

I suspect (and I guess I hope, too) that I'll pass before I'm a GF.

My daughter is probably too old now to have children and my son is too young to start a family yet.

Damned shame, too because I'd be a great GF.

I'm crochety and opinionated and as a person who questions authority I'd openly undermine my kids control over their kids, by spoiling my GCs, as would be my god-given nature right of grandparents v their children in relation to their grandchildren the world over.

I suspect (and I guess I hope, too) that I'll pass before I'm a GF.

My daughter is probably too old now to have children and my son is too young to start a family yet.

Damned shame, too because I'd be a great GF.

I'm crochety and opinionated and as a person who questions authority I'd openly undermine my kids control over their kids, by spoiling my GCs, as would be my god-given nature right of grandparents v their children in relation to their grandchildren the world over.

are you my father?

my dad doesn't think twice about doing those things. if i say "but i said 'no'", he says "and? i'm his grandfather that's my job". eh... i'm just glad he's here to do that. (knock wood) :woohoo:

My oldest is my parent's first grandchild. My mom wanted to be called grand'mere, French for grandmother. My mom lived in Louisiana for a bit in her youth, during WWII, and loved that that's what kids called their grandmothers.

Well as kids will be kids, my oldest somehow came out with 'Lollie' as what she decided she was going to call my mom . . . and it stuck! :lol:

I have experienced that also... when the acceptance kicks in..

I'm starting to feel sad now... You got something funny?

One good think is that we old farts can get by with just about anything :D
I am a 5X "Gramps" btw

Forum List

Back