Grandma's kitchen

Marianne

Diamond Member
May 15, 2014
The frozen Northeast
This thread is for anything old that goes into the kitchen. I collect old cookbooks, and antique kitchen gadgets. Share an old recipe or talk about something you have that is cool or simply ask a cooking question like "I found this in Grandma's kitchen what is it?"

I recently bought a Foley food mill in great condition at an estate sale. I brought is to hang in my kitchen as a decoration but it's so well made I could probably still use it. Mine has a red handle and was probably not used much. There was another one I'm sorry I didn't grab. It looked like the one that was used the most.
foley masher parts - Bing Images

We have a place here in Vegas called Lou's Diner. She's been around for decades, has a great breakfast/lunch menu and the walls are loaded with all sorts of antique gadgets. Don't know if you can see them, but here's the photo from her website:

2014-01-10

We have a place here in Vegas called Lou's Diner. She's been around for decades, has a great breakfast/lunch menu and the walls are loaded with all sorts of antique gadgets. Don't know if you can see them, but here's the photo from her website:

2014-01-10

That's what I want to do with my kitchen walls but on a much small scale.:thup:

I recently bought a Foley food mill in great condition at an estate sale. I brought is to hang in my kitchen as a decoration but it's so well made I could probably still use it. Mine has a red handle and was probably not used much. There was another one I'm sorry I didn't grab. It looked like the one that was used the most.

I picked up an old Foley at St. Vinnie's...it doesn't have a red handle, the handle is metal. I'm actually going to use it this weekend to make tomato sauce. I put it in my pantry a week or so ago, up kind of high, and the next time I opened the door to get something, it fell and klonked me on the freaking head. That's my foley food mill story, lol. I'm sure I'll have more after this weekend. I've never made and canned real sauce before (just quartered tomatoes, which I use as sauce).

This also came from Grandma's kitchen, it's a Daisy Dot cookie Jar in dark brown. I still use it.

Daisy dot cookie jar - Bing Images

Very sweet. I've been wanting one of these for our kitchen; my grandma had this same model:

th-3.jpg

It's the most classic cookie jar. I really want one...but I'm out of counter space.

Pfff don't let something like counter space keep you from getting that adorable cookie jar,make some room. :)

I picked up an old Foley at St. Vinnie's...it doesn't have a red handle, the handle is metal. I'm actually going to use it this weekend to make tomato sauce. I put it in my pantry a week or so ago, up kind of high, and the next time I opened the door to get something, it fell and klonked me on the freaking head. That's my foley food mill story, lol. I'm sure I'll have more after this weekend. I've never made and canned real sauce before (just quartered tomatoes, which I use as sauce).

Ouch! I'm gonna hang mine on the wall so I can see it and I don't get boinked in the head. It's as heavy as a small cast Iron frying pan.

This also came from Grandma's kitchen, it's a Daisy Dot cookie Jar in dark brown. I still use it.

Daisy dot cookie jar - Bing Images

Very sweet. I've been wanting one of these for our kitchen; my grandma had this same model:

th-3.jpg

It's the most classic cookie jar. I really want one...but I'm out of counter space.

Pfff don't let something like counter space keep you from getting that adorable cookie jar,make some room. :)

mr. boe is a minimalist non-clutter sort of guy. It's a bit of a negotiating dance to add more stuff. And seriously, the kitchen is packed, so I'd have to figure out what to get rid of....

But I love this cookie jar!

Forum List

Back