Grandma's bumper sticker

YWN666

Freelance Beer Tester
Nov 11, 2008
Grandma bought a bumper sticker for her old*Buick. She writes:

Dear Family,

The other day I went to the local Christian Book*Store and bought a*bumper*sticker that says "Honk if you love Jesus."* I put*it on my back*bumper,*and*I'm really glad I did. What an uplifting*experience followed!

I*was stopped at the light of a busy intersection,*just lost in thought about the Lord, and I didn't notice the light had changed.**That bumper*sticker*really worked!* I found a lot of folks who love*Jesus.
Why, the guy*behind*me started honking like crazy! *He must have*really loved the Lord,
because he leaned out the window and yelled, "Jesus Christ"*as loud as he could.* It was like a football game, with him shouting, "Go, Jesus Christ, GO!"

Everyone else was soon honking as well, so I leaned out, waved and smiled to all those loving people.
One guy must have been from Florida, because I*heard him yelling*something*about a "sunny beach" and saw him wave at me in a*peculiar*way - sticking*his*middle finger up in the air.* Luckily, I had just*asked my two*grandsons*what*that gesture meant. They looked at me and giggled*and said it was a*Hawaiian*good luck sign, so I leaned out the window and*returned the gesture.

A couple of people were so caught up in the joy of the moment they actually got out of their cars and walked toward me!* I assumed they wanted to pray, but just then I noticed the light had turned green*so I stepped on the*gas.**It's a good thing I did, because I was the only
one to make it thru the intersection before it turned red.

Not wanting the experience to end, I looked back*and saw all those*people standing around. I leaned out the window,*and with a big smile,*held*up*the Hawaiian good luck sign as I sped away.

Praise the Lord for such*wonderful people!!

Love you all, Grandma

Forum List

Back