grand old psychos

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Grand, Old Psychos | Truthout

In 2007, after four years of disastrous war planning in Iraq and the institution of an admitted and obvious global torture regime, 71 percent of Republicans still supported an attack on Iran to prevent that country from obtaining nuclear weapons.

In early October 2008, at multiple McCain/Palin rallies, audience members screamed, "terrorist," "treason" and "kill him" when then-Sen. Barack Obama was mentioned. Civil rights hero and Congressman John Lewis chided the McCain campaign:

"George Wallace never threw a bomb. He never fired a gun, but he created the climate and condition that encouraged vicious attacks against innocent Americans who desired to exercise their constitutional right."

The following week, after correcting a supporter who accused Senator Obama of being an Arab, McCain was summarily booed by the crowd for claiming the Obama was a decent family man.

One can see this in the hate routinely displayed here. It is a sad thing when a political party creates a climate of hate in hopes of gaining votes.

• Banned
In early 2009 in Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Tennessee, (all states that voted more heavily Republican in 2008 than in 2004), homicides increased. They decreased in almost all the major cities across the country. In April of 2009, a report from the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI detailed the rise in right-wing extremism due in part to economic uncertainty and the election of the nation's first African-American president. The report concluded that "lone wolves and small terrorist cells embracing violent right wing extremist ideology are the most dangerous domestic terrorism threat to the United States." One month later, Dr. George Tiller, an abortion provider in Kansas, was gunned down in the entrance of his church by anti-abortion activist Scott Roeder, who had connections to "Operation Rescue" a radical "right-to-life" group. Less than a year later, in Austin, Texas, Andrew Joseph Stack flew a small plane into a building containing IRS offices - killing himself and one other. He left behind a note ranting against the government and the tax structure.

http://www.truth-out.org/grand-old-psychos/1328197593

Last edited:
  • Banned
In early 2009 in Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Tennessee, (all states that voted more heavily Republican in 2008 than in 2004), homicides increased. They decreased in almost all the major cities across the country.

http://www.truth-out.org/grand-old-psychos/1328197593

Your violent streak will not be good in a leadership position.

Its not a leadership quality

Last edited:
  • Banned
who is it that has displayed a lack of civility for their fellow Americans you fool?

read the facts presented and tell us why the right is so set on violence?

who is it that has displayed a lack of civility for their fellow Americans you fool?

Lack of civility? Read your own posts. You've come here...once again...and start a string where you accuse Republicans of being "bad people" because you don't agree with their politics and then call for "civility". Are you REALLY that clueless?

• Banned
Nope and it shows you did not read the facts presented.

Why did violence increase in the republican areas?

• Banned
In early 2009 in Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Tennessee, (all states that voted more heavily Republican in 2008 than in 2004), homicides increased. They decreased in almost all the major cities across the country. In April of 2009, a report from the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI detailed the rise in right-wing extremism due in part to economic uncertainty and the election of the nation's first African-American president. The report concluded that "lone wolves and small terrorist cells embracing violent right wing extremist ideology are the most dangerous domestic terrorism threat to the United States." One month later, Dr. George Tiller, an abortion provider in Kansas, was gunned down in the entrance of his church by anti-abortion activist Scott Roeder, who had connections to "Operation Rescue" a radical "right-to-life" group. Less than a year later, in Austin, Texas, Andrew Joseph Stack flew a small plane into a building containing IRS offices - killing himself and one other. He left behind a note ranting against the government and the tax structure.

Your party set their minds on violent speach and ONLY stopped when it lsot them votes after a Democratic congresswoman ended up with a bullet in her head.

Your party denied all the evidence and used the violent talk right up until it didnt win them votes anymore.

They still deny the bullet in the womans head had anying to do with them.

Your party has a insane denial of what violent speach creates.

If your party wins it will start again.

They will cheer death right in TV like it makes them proud and happy.

That is not a good quality for someone in power.

The "truth" as truthmatterslittle would like to see.

We can finally end all this awful partisanship and heated rhetoric if we just stop caring. Caring about what happens to this country is what led to all these arguments in the first place, and I think we can all agree that no issue we face is worth a bunch of yelling. Freedom, human rights, the national debt — these are all just big noisy yelling matches waiting to happen unless we’re finally willing to look upon the big issues of the day, shrug, and go play video games. I dream of a day where no one pays attention to anything Washington does — including the politicians in Washington — and thus no one ever gets worked up by whatever Washington does again.

PJ Media » What We Need Is More Apathy in this Country

Your party cheers violence.

They do it right in front of cameras.

Explain that

In 2007, after four years of disastrous war planning in Iraq and the institution of an admitted and obvious global torture regime, 71 percent of Republicans still supported an attack on Iran to prevent that country from obtaining nuclear weapons.

In early October 2008, at multiple McCain/Palin rallies, audience members screamed, "terrorist," "treason" and "kill him" when then-Sen. Barack Obama was mentioned. Civil rights hero and Congressman John Lewis chided the McCain campaign:

"George Wallace never threw a bomb. He never fired a gun, but he created the climate and condition that encouraged vicious attacks against innocent Americans who desired to exercise their constitutional right."

The following week, after correcting a supporter who accused Senator Obama of being an Arab, McCain was summarily booed by the crowd for claiming the Obama was a decent family man.

LOL How to pull numbers out of my ass to make claims.

You did. :lmao:

So how many poor people votes will the Republican party win for cheering the death of poor people on national TV?

Who? How about Jeremiah Wright, William Ayres, Van Jones? Shall I go on? Malik Zulu Shabazz, Al Sharpton, Maxine Waters, Diane Watson?

How about those cities with higher murder rates? Aren't just about all of them run by Democrats? Have you no integrity at all?

The present Administration doesn't want this coming election to be about competence and who has a plan to fix the economy. They lose that argument hands down so they've chosen to make this election about "racism" and "class envy". Anyone who opposes President Obama's agenda does so not because he's proposed things that hurt America...they do so because they hate that a black man is in the Oval Office. If you don't vote Barry to a second term...then you support racism!!! Anyone who points out that even liberal Keynesian economists like Christina Romer have come out and said it's not a good idea to raise taxes on ANYONE in a weak economy will be accused of protecting the rich and hating the poor. You MUST reelect Barry because if you don't then you hate the poor as well!!!

That's the message you'll be getting for the next eight months. You SHOULD be getting a message about plans to fix the economy and create jobs but this Administration ran out of ideas on how to do that about a year into their first term and have given us a steady diet of "obstructionism" is why we can't get anything done ever since. What's most amusing about that narrative is that if Republicans "hadn't" won back the House and stopped things like Cap & Trade and Card Check legislation the economy would be in even worse shape now than it is and more people would be out of work. "Obstructionism" is what has finally allowed the economy to start to grow again albeit slowly. Just think what might happen if we had someone in the Oval Office with a real plan going forward and if businesses no longer had to worry about looming EPA crackdowns and lawsuits from the Holder Department of Justice! That's your choice, Kiddies...four more years of excuses why things aren't getting done or someone in the White House with a plan to get them done.

“Rush Limbaugh is beginning to look more and more like Mr. Big, and at some point somebody’s going to jam a CO2 pellet into his head and he’s going to explode like a giant blimp. That day may come. Not yet, but we’ll be there to watch.” -- Chris Matthews on MSNBC’s Morning Meeting, Oct. 13, 2009.

“So, Michele, slit your wrist! Go ahead! I mean, you know, why not? I mean, if you want to -- or, you know, do us all a better thing. Move that knife up about two feet. I mean, start right at the collarbone.” -- Montel Williams talking about Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) on Air America’s Montel Across America, Sept. 2, 2009.

“He is an enemy of the country, in my opinion, Dick Cheney is, he is an enemy of the country.... You know, Lord, take him to the Promised Land, will you? See, I don’t even wish the guy goes to Hell, I just want to get him the hell out of here.” -- Ed Schultz, The Ed Schultz Show, May 11, 2009.

“I’m waiting for the day when I pick it up, pick up a newspaper or click on the Internet and find out he’s choked to death on his own throat fat or a great big wad of saliva or something, you know, whatever. Go away, Rush, you make me sick!” -- Radio host Mike Malloy on the Jan. 4, 2010 Mike Malloy Show.

“I’m just saying if he [Dick Cheney] did die, other people, more people would live. That’s a fact.” -- Bill Maher on his HBO show Real Time, Mar. 2, 2007,

Nina Totenberg

NPR Legal Affairs Correspondent Nina Totenberg.

After then-Sen. Jesse Helms (R-N.C.) said that the federal government was spending too much money on AIDS, National Public Radio’s Nina Totenberg, on the July 8, 1995 edition of Inside Washington, said, “I think he ought to be worried about what’s going on in the Good Lord’s mind, because if there is retributive justice, he’ll get AIDS from a transfusion, or one of his grandchildren will get it.”

On the Nov. 4, 1994 edition of PBS’s To the Contrary, then-USA Today columnist and Pacifica Radio talk show host Julianne Malveaux said of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas: “I hope his wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter and he dies early like many black men do, of heart disease. … He is an absolutely reprehensible person.”
Media Research Center Documents Liberal Death Wishes Against Conservatives | CNSnews.com

Forum List

Back