Grampa Murked U and his "perfect example" of GOP ignorance.

R

rdean

This shit needs to stop NOW. Ford moving ALL small production to Mexico

They gave Mexico the ability to use their drivers to deliver Mexican goods anywhere in America cutting out American truckers. The Republican congress realized what a big fuck you to the American workers this was and blocked it. Mexico "sued" and America caved, giving a big middle finger to American truckers. As stated in another thread Mexico is now "willing to talk" and goods may be exchanged at the border which will give a boost to American drivers as well as cut down on narcotics & human trafficking.

Class dismissed

----------------------------------------

I never heard this before, so I go and look it up. Before I get to it, I will point out that I spent hours going over many NAFTA articles looking for positives and negatives. The one I post here, I believe, was by far the best. It explains the history, conceived by Ronald Reagan, put together by George H. Bush and finally signed by Bill Clinton at the very beginning if his first administration. It starts off with the negative and further down, also explains the positives. Read it yourself. It does a great job of explaining. And if you only attended Gramp's class, you know less than when you started.

6 Negative Effects of NAFTA

But about the truck story, it's more complicated than what Murked U suggests. Remember, in 2008, the house was run by Democrats and they refused to let Mexican Trucks travel in the US because of safety concerns. Letting old and falling apart trucks on our roads. Come on, how many Republicans fight for safety regulations? Suggesting that is laughable. Even to Republicans.

Also, in the original agreement, US Trucks could travel in Mexico, but US Trucks are big. They can't travel on the crappy roads in Mexico. How many of you live on a street that posts a sign that limits the size of the truck going down that street? I used to. But I live on a busy street now.

While the US lost 600 thousand manufacturing jobs, Mexico lost over 1.3 million farm jobs. When you sign a treaty like that things will settle. And US manufacturing used the threat of moving jobs to Mexico to suppress salaries and benefits in this country.

But in the first 4 years NAFTA was signed, over 800 thousand manufacturing jobs were created leading to a net gain of jobs as well as 1.4 trillion in trade.

So knock off that gain in trade and you will undoubtedly have huge job losses. Is the US prepared for that?

Who can trust Trump? Self proclaimed King of Debt.

Serial contract breacher Trump invokes the law against Cruz

The signed document is only the beginning of the story.

Yet Trump's evidence for non- or poor performance seems always to boil down to, "Well, I'm not satisfied, so I'm not paying. Sue me." Because he knows that his opponents—partly because he is refusing to pay them money owed—have no money to hire lawyers and wait years for justice, he frequently gets away with breaching his contracts.

---------------------------------------

Trump's business dealings are now known world wide. What country will trust anything he says or does?

Interesting times ahead.

206.jpg

Dollar at a 14 year high since Trump was elected, Derp :)
First reactions are not always lasting.

Corporations are expecting huge tax cuts now the swamp has been drained into the Trump Administration. All their lobbyists now have good tax payer funded jobs.

When the average cost of living in Mexico is only 40% of the cost of living in the U.S., how do you compete with that.

If company A can pay their workforce 60% less than company B and still provide a good living to their employees, who is going to get the contract?

This is what I HATE about partisans.

Rdean will argue ANY side of an issue that his party tells him is his side. Fuck critical thinking, fuck patriotism, fuck fairness...the other side is scoring points here Rdean...sic 'em.

And some on our side is just as bad..."Free Trade, Free Trade, Free Trade!!! Obama pushing free trade? Fuck that, down with TPP!!!!"

If Bush had proposed TPP, the partisans roles would be reversed, with Republicans partisans supporting it and Democrat partisans opposed. Because a political win has become the focus... more important than the issues.

It disgusts me. It's time for some political introspection. Think for yourselves.

When the average cost of living in Mexico is only 40% of the cost of living in the U.S., how do you compete with that.

If company A can pay their workforce 60% less than company B and still provide a good living to their employees, who is going to get the contract?

This is what I HATE about partisans.

Rdean will argue ANY side of an issue that his party tells him is his side. Fuck critical thinking, fuck patriotism, fuck fairness...the other side is scoring points here Rdean...sic 'em.

And some on our side is just as bad..."Free Trade, Free Trade, Free Trade!!! Obama pushing free trade? Fuck that, down with TPP!!!!"

If Bush had proposed TPP, the partisans roles would be reversed, with Republicans partisans supporting it and Democrat partisans opposed. Because a political win has become the focus... more important than the issues.

It disgusts me. It's time for some political introspection. Think for yourselves.

Your workers have to be more productive. That's harder when you need to fill out 1000s of pages of environmental impact studies to open your small business.

Dollar at a 14 year high since Trump was elected, Derp :)
dean has "issues"....

Dean has no dollars, so he won't benefit.
I had enough dollars to retire early. I credit the GI bill, college and hard work for that. You still live in mom's basement. What happens if she decides to move to a place without a basement.? She's not going to let you sleep on the living room floor in a sleeping bag. Not anymore.

Forum List

Back