Grammatically correct?

Originally posted by leojoeyjoe
I would like to hear from everyone regarding this sentence:

Do you believe this sentence is grammatically correct?

:rolleyes: :cof: :laugh:

I would like to hear from everyone regarding this sentence:

Do you believe this sentence is grammatically correct?

I know you're excited to be done with college and all, :clap1: , but you're being a tad obnoxious. This is coming close to personal attacks, you've covered this topic enough.

Originally posted by Kathianne
I know you're excited to be done with college and all, :clap1: , but you're being a tad obnoxious. This is coming close to personal attacks, you've covered this topic enough.

Dang K---got your panties in a bunch---personal attack??? not even close to what I've seen on here--by a long shot !!!

Originally posted by dilloduck
Dang K---got your panties in a bunch---personal attack??? not even close to what I've seen on here--by a long shot !!!

Beating a dead horse is not conducive to discussion. Some do not type well. Some do not spell well. Some do not use punctuation correctly. As long as we can understand, granted with a zing or two, fine. When we start taking others sentences and asking the whole board to correct them, sorry, I don't go along.

nuff said.

I was responding in kind...I was accused of being ignorant of the constitution, apparently NOT a personal attack, and pointed out the irony of such an accusation from such a grammarian...

Then defend your knowledge of the constitution, if he got out of line with that, I'd do the same thing.

Using education as a hammer, is not a good idea.

leo - you tickle me. Such a cute little kid playing with the grown ups...have fun, sweetie!

Beating a dead horse is not conducive to discussion. Some do not type well. Some do not spell well. Some do not use punctuation correctly. As long as we can understand, granted with a zing or two, fine. When we start taking others sentences and asking the whole board to correct them, sorry, I don't go along.

nuff said.

I agree with it being waste to argue grammical or typing skills but damn---there are a lot of things not conducive to discussion. Some horses in here are SSOOO dead that they are into thier 4th or 5th incarnations ;)

Then defend your knowledge of the constitution, if he got out of line with that, I'd do the same thing.

Using education as a hammer, is not a good idea.

Did I tell you about the bumper sticker I saw last week that said 'use learning for evil'? Was that you leo?

The other bumper sticker that I had never seen before, which was on the same car, read: Jesus helps me trick people.

When we start taking others sentences and asking the whole board to correct them, sorry, I don't go along.
then don't...it was HIS suggestion that we "battle" or something over grammar....a rather childish suggestion but a challenge nonetheless....when you cannot settle the argument between the 2 of you, it is best to consult a third party...

from what I can gather, belittling one and comparing to a nazi is acceptable, but grammar is UNACCEPTABLE....

If you're going to compare someone to a nazi... better have compelling evidence.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus helps me trick people.

:clap: :D

lol, I thought that was funny too
kinda twisted, maybe, but funny

Forum List

Back