Grammar Nazis......the bane of the board or helpful cretins??

Worth noting, Islam deified an illiterate as its central figure. Small wonder then it's a Muslim with a problem relating to proper grammar. :)

I like being corrected on my grammar , spelling , punctuation . Long time ago I didn't really know the distinction between 'TO' and 'TOO' until I was told .

If not for the grammar and spelling nazis our standards would go into a tailspin.

Any patriot should be glad to keep our literacy standards as high as possible.

I don't mind typos..I do many of them myself. Or sometimes dislexic (is that spelled right? lol) spellings. I get the drift. But I do get a tad eye rolly (is that a word? ;)) when it's stuff like:

I seen it happen.

Crotched dollies for sale maid by granny.

You are so vein, you probably think this is about you.

There house was nice.

Stuff like that ^

Correct use of language is very important.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26UA578yQ5g]the word fuck - YouTube[/ame]

It seems to me that people who post you tube videos when they don't have the intellectual ability or the the English language skills or sufficient grammar to argue a point or voice an opinion kind of lean toward the cretin category.

I believe the OP wanted to point out how even the brightest of people realise the finer points of grammar are only of interest to pedants, and a few up their own arses English teachers.

Had he posted his own opinion, that would have been much more open to pedants and shitty English teachers to dispute.
Mr. Fry is so much harder to argue with, unless you happen to be a really uppity pedant with a superiority complex.

Oh, a post above fits that bill. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. S. Fry.

Education - The College of West Anglia
Alma mater - Queens' College, Cambridge

President of Mind (2011–present)[1]
Kentucky Colonel[2][3]
Freeman of the City of London[4]
Honorary Life Member of the Union of UEA Students
Patron of the Lip Theatre Company
Patron of the Norwich Playhouse theatre
Vice President of the Noël Coward Society
Honorary fellow of Queens' College, Cambridge
Honorary fellow of Cardiff University
Honorary president of the Cambridge University Quiz Society
Rector of the University of Dundee (1992–1998)

If any poster is suitably qualified to argue with the esteemed Mr. Fry, you may post your objections to his video.

How are you fixed, Whitehall, old chap?
You wouldn't just be an uppity pedant, would you?

Forum List

Back