Graham: I would violate Norquist's pledge

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
Graham: I would violate Norquist's pledge

By TIM MAK | 11/25/12 10:11 AM EST

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Sunday that he would violate Grover Norquist's anti-tax pledge for the good of the country by capping deductions -- only if Democrats in turn agree to entitlement reform.

"I will violate the pledge for the good of the country -- only if Democrats will do entitlement reform," Graham said ABC's "This Week," discussing a possible bipartisan compromise to avoid the fiscal cliff. "I will not raise tax rates to do it. I would cap deductions… I think Grover is wrong when it comes to capping deductions and buying down the debt."

<snip>

"I will not raise tax rates to do it. ...

but he allowed for the lowered rates to "expire" in the 2003 legislation to mask the massive deficits they were projected to cause and now expects people to believe, after the damage his is an honorable decision.

November 26, 2012

Grover Norquist; Full O' Shit

"Let’s forget about the rich and ultrarich going on strike and stuffing their ample funds under their mattresses if -- gasp -- capital gains rates and ordinary income rates are increased,” Buffett wrote. “Only in Grover Norquist’s imagination does such a response exist."

:clap2:

It's time Grover found a REAL job!!!

"Norquist likes reading about himself. In his headquarters’ library, opposite the 100-plus copies of his own book (“Leave Us Alone: Getting the Government’s Hands Off Our Money, Our Guns, Our Lives”), are shelves reserved for tomes in which he is quoted. A hallway is lined with framed newspaper and magazine stories about him. One is in Japanese. In his executive office, decorated with a green lava lamp, a Janis Joplin poster (“a high point of Western civilization,” he said) and stuffed “Sesame Street” Grover dolls, another floor-to-ceiling bookcase holds titles including a 1994 comic book called “Taxpayers’ Tea Party” in which he is depicted. He plucked a copy of Ralph Nader’s“Only the Super-Rich Can Save Us” out of the stacks, because, he said, “I’m a major character in it.” The green tags on the pages, he explained, mark every time his persona appears.

Norquist has never been bashful. The oldest son of a Polaroid engineer and a nursery school director, he volunteered for Richard Nixon as a 12-year-old. He graduated from Harvard and Harvard Business School. As executive director of the College Republicans, he worked with Jack Abramoff, who was later ensnared in a lobbying scandal, and Ralph Reed, who would go on to lead the Christian Coalition. In 1985, President Ronald Reagan’s administration picked Norquist to run Americans for Tax Reform, an outside group funded by individual and corporate donors to help pass a tax overhaul.

Norquist has reciprocated by deifying Reagan, despite the fact that the president raised taxes several times. He runs the Reagan Legacy Project, which led the charge to rename National Airport and has stamped Reagan’s name on more than 100 schools, highways, gardens, missile silos and roundabouts around the world. He suggests, half-seriously, that “there is space for one more” on Mount Rushmore.

But Norquist’s main mission is keeping his members devout."

It's time that fat fuck gets a REAL job!!

but he allowed for the lowered rates to "expire" in the 2003 legislation to mask the massive deficits they were projected to cause and now expects people to believe, after the damage his is an honorable decision.

We didnt have massive deficits in 2003. We have massive deficits now, after 5 years of Dem control of Congress.

Anyway, George HW Bush renegged on his pledge and becamse a 1 term president. And Democrats spent the money anyway.

The Dems are shifting position, they think now it will be best to let them expire for everyone!

We didnt have massive deficits in 2003.

.....Or, three years before THAT!!!!!

February 3, 2008

CLINTONOMIC$!!!

"But even if we remove Social Security from the equation, there was a surplus of $1.9 billion in fiscal 1999 and $86.4 billion in fiscal 2000. So any way you count it, the federal budget was balanced and the deficit was erased, if only for a while."

*​

December 3, 2010

The DUMBYA HU$TLE

"We knew that, politically, once you get it into law, it becomes almost impossible to remove it,” says Dan Bartlett, Bush’s former communications director. “That’s not a bad legacy. The fact that we were able to lay the trap does feel pretty good, to tell you the truth."

Forum List

Back