Graduates from Jerry Falwell’s Liberty University Law have a comically high 26% unemployment rate

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
Graduates from Jerry Falwell’s Liberty University Law have a comically high 26% unemployment rate

a list of the ten law schools in the United States with the highest rates of graduate unemployment and Liberty University was No. 4 on the list with an unemployment rate of 26.2% among grads. This means Liberty University graduates are even less likely to get jobs than graduates from Thomas Jefferson School of Law, which earlier this year was ordered to stand trial for allegedly vastly inflating their post-graduation employment statistics.
[/URL]

Meanwhile, Notre Dame is one of the most respected schools in the country. Says something about Catholics vs home-schooled evangelicals….

So tell me....whats the unemployment numbers for underwater basket weaving?
Or a liberal arts degree......

I like how people who didn't go to college throw out the only college-sounding words they know... "liberal arts degree"... as if the word liberal has only one meaning.

a list of the ten law schools in the United States with the highest rates of graduate unemployment and Liberty University was No. 4 on the list with an unemployment rate of 26.2% among grads. This means Liberty University graduates are even less likely to get jobs than graduates from Thomas Jefferson School of Law, which earlier this year was ordered to stand trial for allegedly vastly inflating their post-graduation employment statistics.

Meanwhile, Notre Dame is one of the most respected schools in the country. Says something about Catholics vs home-schooled evangelicals….

You don't have to be Catholic to attend Notre Dame and home schooled children have a higher college graduation rate than their peers.

More than 2 million U.S. students in grades K-12 were home-schooled in 2010, accounting for nearly 4 percent of all school-aged children, according to the National Home Education Research Institute. Studies suggest that those who go on to college will outperform their peers.

Students coming from a home school graduated college at a higher rate than their peers—66.7 percent compared to 57.5 percent—and earned higher grade point averages along the way, according to a study that compared students at one doctoral university from 2004-2009.

Home-Schooled Teens Ripe for College

So tell me....whats the unemployment numbers for underwater basket weaving?
Or a liberal arts degree......

I like how people who didn't go to college throw out the only college-sounding words they know... "liberal arts degree"... as if the word liberal has only one meaning.

Didnt need college.
And retiring at 46 proves that point.
But it's only fair that you should point out the college grad unemployment numbers from all colleges,otherwise you're just being a hack.

Tough to pass the bar ecam when u answer every question with "Jesus".

Didnt need college.
But it's only fair that you should point out the college grad unemployment numbers from all colleges,otherwise you're just being a hack.

Well, since you didn't need college, I am sure you can still look up the data yourself and appropriately retort to the O/P..

a1023ddac852c41b1872a3b431eb59ab.jpg

Didnt need college.

Well, since you didn't need college, I am sure you can still look up the data yourself and appropriately retort to the O/P..

Dont want to shine the light of your falsehood on yourself I see.

Well, since you didn't go to college....Let me help you here

For young college graduates (2014-15) the unemployment rate is currently 7.2 percent ..
The Class of 2015: Despite an Improving Economy, Young Grads Still Face an Uphill Climb

For law school graduates, the unemployment rate is about 10-11%
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/30/b...-graduates-landed-legal-jobs-report-says.html

Face it, only a moron would want to graduate from Liberty U..

Well, since you didn't go to college....Let me help you here

For young college graduates (2014-15) the unemployment rate is currently 7.2 percent ..
The Class of 2015: Despite an Improving Economy, Young Grads Still Face an Uphill Climb

For law school graduates, the unemployment rate is about 10-11%
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/30/b...-graduates-landed-legal-jobs-report-says.html

Face it, only a moron would want to graduate from Liberty U..

Funny....thats not what i've found among graduates from 14 and 15.

There doesn't appear to be any dispute about this employment rate, and it is terrible. Also, the percentage of LS grads who fail the Bar Exam the first time is quite bad. Interestingly, the students who enroll in the law school have typical LSAT scores, so it does not appear that the student body is inferior.

It would definitely make me wary of attending or recommending the school. Something ain't right.

When I attended Duquesne University School of Law (1978-1982), there was no discernible "Catholic" influence in any of my classes, and we had a higher Bar pass rate than many top-rated schools. Ironically, this was attributed to the fact that the top-rated law schools had wider program options in school. Everything you know that shows up on the Bar Exam is taught in the first year (at least it was then), so many LS grads haven't really focused on those areas in a couple years by the time they actually take the bar exam. I was a mediocre law student but my Bar score was top 5%. Go figure.

There doesn't appear to be any dispute about this employment rate, and it is terrible. Also, the percentage of LS grads who fail the Bar Exam the first time is quite bad. Interestingly, the students who enroll in the law school have typical LSAT scores, so it does not appear that the student body is inferior.

It would definitely make me wary of attending or recommending the school. Something ain't right.

When I attended Duquesne University School of Law (1978-1982), there was no discernible "Catholic" influence in any of my classes, and we had a higher Bar pass rate than many top-rated schools. Ironically, this was attributed to the fact that the top-rated law schools had wider program options in school. Everything you know that shows up on the Bar Exam is taught in the first year (at least it was then), so many LS grads haven't really focused on those areas in a couple years by the time they actually take the bar exam. I was a mediocre law student but my Bar score was top 5%. Go figure.

I share similar experiences, and graduating from such law schools as Notre Dame or Marquette does not even remotely imply an emphasis in religion....however, Liberty U. is another story and prospective employers know this.

In 2014, Liberty U. School of Law had a 50% first time passage rate on the Virginia Bar Exam, seventh of the eight schools in Virginia. The School of Law's ranking given by the U.S. News & World Report is not published, indicating that it is in the bottom 25% of ranked law schools. Additionally, Liberty University School of Law has reported to National Jurist a 63.40% post-graduation employment rate .

I'm not of the opinion that children should be "sheltered" from the world as some homeschoolers do as this can potentially leave them with soft skill deficits which make navigating a career more difficult.

From what I can tell a lot of evangelical home-school curriculum is of a more authoritarian Tiger Parenting style; which might be more suited to Asian cultures than the modern US.

Though compared to students who hide away in "safe spaces" in some cloistered liberal "sociology" class, homeschoolers probably look like Einstein in comparison.

Product of homeschooling:

i

i

Product of left-wing, public education:

maxresdefault.jpg

Maybe they were taught to pray and place their fate in God's hands rather than take personal responsibility and study. Then, when they saw their poor grades, the teaching staff and students consoled each other by saying it was God's will and not to worry because the devout ones will triumph in the end.
confused-child.jpg

Come on Jesus, give me the answer before time runs out

Forum List

Back