Grading the Republican Party for the year.

R

rdean

Ok, we grade the president. What about the opposition?

Let's grade how much the Republican Party has helped this country for the last year and what their leadership has done to help all Americans.

Grading the Republican Party for the year.

lolcat_what.jpg

I would give them an Incomplete

They did not show up this year

They won all the open Governor races and in states that went big for the Muslim Marxist

In the interest of liberal progressive grading systems, I think they should at least be given one of those "certificates of participation" Kinda like a high school diploma is today. We're all winners!

In the interest of liberal progressive grading systems, I think they should at least be given one of those "certificates of participation" Kinda like a high school diploma is today. We're all winners!

Well they showed up. But they really didn't participate

I think the GOP is very much akin to the Democrat Party Lite.

And it's easy to dump on them for it.

On the other hand, considering that they ARE VERY VERY MUCH the "minority" Party, I'm not clear on what more they could have done.

I WANTED them to fucking stop COLD the health care fiasco, for example. But guess what? They couldn't once the fucking skeevy Democratics BOUGHT-OFF their own internal dissenters with outright bribes. Why? Because with 60 bought and paid for Senate votes, the fucking skeevy Democratics cannot be "stopped" in the Senate. And without the mechanism of a filibuster even available in the House, the Democrat Parody majority is solid enough to overcome even the occasional stalwart opposition!

No.

The GOP finally showed some very needed Party discipline and they deserve a little pat on the back -- albeit it has come too damn late.

WE, the PEOPLE, gave them the shitty numbers to work with! It's not like they WANTED to be a powerless minority. Thus, we, the people, are about as much to blame as the Party politicians we left in that unenviable position.

All things considered, they weren't too terrible this past year.

I'd give them a Gentleman's "C" all things considered. I give the electorate an outright "F.

Well they showed up. But they really didn't participate

Do we have a Perfect Attendance Award??

No wait...they can't get that....Palin Quit

The Republican Party is stumbling its way back to relevance - and so in managing to do so despite continued incompetence, we will grade them a C.

The Party Machine has far less to do with this than the American public, who is underway in a growing dissent against the leftist policies of the Democrat Congress and Obama White House. It should be noted that this dissent originated during the Bush era.

The two major governor elections proved Republican landslides - a telling note heading into the even more critical 2010 election cycle. Grassroots organization is as strong as it has ever been during a midterm election cycle, and we will see that the Obama influence does not extend outside his own person - and if fact will prove a detriment to Democrat candidates.

Much like Democrats simply ran against Bush, so too will conservatives simply run against Obama-Pelosi-Reid in 2010 - and they will win enough to take the Senate and make considerable gains in the House.

Beyond that the political waters remain far too murky and difficult to foretell...

Ha ha. NJ got a Rep governor. That's good news for some of us.

Oh and I shoulda mentioned that a HS diploma doesn't really require participation or attendance. I think all you need is a face now. And if you don't have that, we'll make accommodations. Lol

They were present but not successful in getting their positions heard. Had they done their job and presented alternative solutions, I'd give them a C for effort. They didn't do anything though except vote against everything.

I give them a very low F.

D -

Mostly ineffective... Standing against HealthScare Reform keeps them from the "F"...

Will likely benefit from the steady stream of mistakes from the 0bama administration...

Indeed!

The Republican Party is stumbling its way back to relevance - and so in managing to do so despite continued incompetence, we will grade them a C.

The Party Machine has far less to do with this than the American public, who is underway in a growing dissent against the leftist policies of the Democrat Congress and Obama White House. It should be noted that this dissent originated during the Bush era.

The two major governor elections proved Republican landslides - a telling note heading into the even more critical 2010 election cycle. Grassroots organization is as strong as it has ever been during a midterm election cycle, and we will see that the Obama influence does not extend outside his own person - and if fact will prove a detriment to Democrat candidates.

Much like Democrats simply ran against Bush, so too will conservatives simply run against Obama-Pelosi-Reid in 2010 - and they will win enough to take the Senate and make considerable gains in the House.

Beyond that the political waters remain far too murky and difficult to foretell...

C-minus

They did not manage to kill the three worst bills in U.S. history. But they did manage to make significant alterations to the health care bill. Enough that it may fail in committee.

Other then that, they are really not in any position to influence jack squat.

Last edited:
C-minus

The did not manage to kill the three worst bills in U.S. history. But they did manage to make significant alterations to the health care bill. Enough that it may fail in committee.

____

If the health care bill does in fact die in committee I will bump the Repubs up to an A as the health care bill, as much as it has been reduced in size and scope, remains among the most dangerous legislation to spew from DC in a generation...

C-minus

The did not manage to kill the three worst bills in U.S. history. But they did manage to make significant alterations to the health care bill. Enough that it may fail in committee.

____

If the health care bill does in fact die in committee I will bump the Repubs up to an A as the health care bill, as much as it has been reduced in size and scope, remains among the most dangerous legislation to spew from DC in a generation...

Yeah. That is why I gave them a c-minus. They have absolutely no power at all yet they managed to do that much for the American people.

Forum List

Back