Grad Sues College for $70,000 Because She Can't Find a Job

In her complaint, Thompson says she seeks $70,000 in reimbursement for her tuition and $2,000 to compensate for the stress of her three-month job search.

Alumna sues college because she hasn't found a job - CNN.com

Wow three months. Whatever, she wants everything handed to her on a silver platter IMO. Did the college promise leads? She says they did-- a lead is a lead-- it IS NOT a promise of a job.

If she interviews poorly or did a bad job academically then that is not the schools fault. Not to mention I started interviewing for jobs a year before I graduated and sending out my résumé-- did she do the same. Since she has not found a job near instantly she is suing. Again a lead is a lead--- not the promise of a job.

Last edited:
At first glance, this looks like just another frivolous lawsuit. However, there is this:

The information-technology student blames Monroe's Office of Career Advancement for not providing her with the leads and career advice it promised.

What did the school promise?

They promised to provide her with leads and career advice.

She still wouldn't be entitled to her tuition back.... the leads and careers advice were only part of what she paid for.

I wonder how hard the judge will laugh when he tosses this out of his court. Suppressed guffaws, or all-out pants wetting? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back