Govt. workers feel no economic pain

In the last monthly employment report, states laid off 25,000 people. There was a report this morning in the WSJ that St Louis is going to close half its schools. California has been furloughing its employees.

It might be that government employees haven't felt as much pain, but to say no pain isn't correct.
States haven't been living within their means either, they remained bloated through stimulous money, but that money doesn't last forever.

Now many states must actually balance a budget, their first reaction is to fire people.

Most of our stimulus money went to cleaning up one of the most polluted sites in America, what a waste of money. :lol:

I'm a government worker.
I haven't had a raise in two years.
I make about $30,000 a year.
I have to take forced furlough (unpaid) days.
They tried to yank our health benefits last year.
My boss just talked to me about the possibility of mass layoffs in the near future.

I'm a government worker.
I haven't had a raise in two years.
I make about $30,000 a year.
I have to take forced furlough (unpaid) days.
They tried to yank our health benefits last year.
My boss just talked to me about the possibility of mass layoffs in the near future.

Obviously overpaid and underworked

Actually, this thread is untrue at the state and local levels. Democrats across the nation targeted social services first for cuts, specifically handicapped and mental service care. The little folks in government are fair game, our people, and also experiencing salary cuts. The hack Democrats running most governments in our nation are enjoying massive salaries, unfunded pensions, and pay raises. Democrats will target the people who will harm the taxpayer the most. Teachers on the way too.

And no other changes, government will make it hurt before they do the right thing and reform government. It is the only way they know how to fight, is to hurt the taxpayer.

This is not your government, it's the Democrats. Remember that.

In the last monthly employment report, states laid off 25,000 people. There was a report this morning in the WSJ that St Louis is going to close half its schools. California has been furloughing its employees.

It might be that government employees haven't felt as much pain, but to say no pain isn't correct.
States haven't been living within their means either, they remained bloated through stimulous money, but that money doesn't last forever.

Now many states must actually balance a budget, their first reaction is to fire people.

Most states were living within their means before the recession began. Now they have to adjust.

But that's the point. Government workers are getting fired.

Forum List

Back