GOVT WASTE II: Romney is WRONG; There is plenty in Defense we can cut.

Uh idiot, spending millions to help train our friends and keep the peace is cheaper than spending billions later on a massive war because our friends didn't scare Russia, China or Iran from attacking them.

Oh, but you'd rather see Americans dying in a massive war than some of them going overseas today to prevent a massive war.

You somehow think by training other militaries we aren't helping our own war on drugs and terror. Um, if the foreign militaries can kill the bad guys for us, that is better for us.

Oh look, the idiot thinks the Feds are supposed to pay for his dead end union job.

I've had friends deplolyed to some of those locations like Holland/the Netherlands working at NATO in support of our operations in Afghanistan. Italy was in support of the actions over Libya, idiot. Djibouti is to get terrorists in the Horn of Africa etc, etc, etc.

Diego Garcia...yeah, we should have aircraft there if Iran does something, idiot. I bet you can't find it on a map.

The US military is around the world killing terrorists, dictators and drug dealers to make our world safer. They are also overseas training other militaries to protect themselves so we don't have to go there to save them someday from a war, etc.

Of course, you'd rather tax money going to your fatass doing nothing for this country. :eusa_whistle:

1- Its not our job, or my tax dollars job, to train foreign military/police just so we dont have to come "save them" later. Fuck them. They will figure out their own way.

2- The US military is in fact killing terrorists and drug dealers to make our world safer. God Bless them, and I thank them. Our FBI, DEA, CIA, and major police depts are doing the same thing inside our borders. That doesn't make them immune to budget cuts. We're broke.

3- Fuck Iran. Let Israel deal with it. We're broke.

I'm just sick of all the waste. You right wingers make every excuse in the book about why we need Rambo in Norway and Guam. We're broke. Time to reel in the nets.

When we go to a foreign country to train with them, we are scouting out their facilities that we might use in a contingency. We are evaluating their capabilities while we improve them too.

We expect Norway to help us fight Russia and we expect Norway to give us access when we need it because we help them today.

Also, we are putting FEAR in Russia when our fighter planes are flying over Iceland, Norway, Poland, Germany, etc on training missions with their Air Forces as a show of force.

Your 1930s America got millions killed....

It's called training with our friends, you piece of shit. One doesn't wait until a war breaks out to find out how the military in Norway functions or doesn't function.

Many of our training missions in "Europe" are for NATO ever heard of it?

By training the militaries of our friends and making them stronger, the more likely we make it harder for say Russia to want to invade them which will be even worse than sending our guys over there for short training trips.

?

But we're broke. Thats what the right keeps telling me. Let Norway come here. Rather than us go every-fucking-where else. If they wanna train with the best, they can come here. Fuck 'em. My tax dollars should NOT go for a tourist-training trip to Europe.[/QUOTE]

We've had an Air Force base in Guam for decades, Cleatus. We're there as a presence for Asia against North Korea, Russia and China.

Also, if something kicks off in Asia, it's easier to attack from Guam than from Idaho....and cheaper too.

Then tell me. What is it exactly that my tax dollars are funding in sending US troops to Italy, Spain, Norway, Belgium, Iceland, Guam.........that serve ME, here, in my little city. If those posts didn't exist......the military would have to GASP...adapt and overcome, like they do very well. How exactly would my life change if we weren't sending Air Force personnel to fucking Norway for a 6 month tourist/work trip?

Enlist, get cleared for special compartmentalized information, and you might be privileged enough to know all the critical things that go on in SHAPE, or get privileged to train for special ops in Norway or Guam...

Your tax dollars are being wasted on the lazy, more than they would ever be even close to being wasted with some of the things you think should just be easily cut from the military.. especially since much of what you would leave while gutting the military is not constitutionally charged

Go fuck yourself and play with the other children

Ah....so in other words...you can't tell me how those posts serve me? There is nothing we do in Norway or Guam that we can't do here in our 50 states. We're broke. Time to reel it in boys.

Yes, they are being wasted on the lazy. I'm all for entitlement reform. But we need everyone....ALL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AND AGENCIES AT ALL LEVELS....to have skin in the game.

So, the Constitution mandates us to have troops in Spain? It mandates that we have a small army in South Korea to protect them from North Korea? Why? We're broke.

Then tell me. What is it exactly that my tax dollars are funding in sending US troops to Italy, Spain, Norway, Belgium, Iceland, Guam.........that serve ME, here, in my little city. If those posts didn't exist......the military would have to GASP...adapt and overcome, like they do very well. How exactly would my life change if we weren't sending Air Force personnel to fucking Norway for a 6 month tourist/work trip?

Enlist, get cleared for special compartmentalized information, and you might be privileged enough to know all the critical things that go on in SHAPE, or get privileged to train for special ops in Norway or Guam...

Your tax dollars are being wasted on the lazy, more than they would ever be even close to being wasted with some of the things you think should just be easily cut from the military.. especially since much of what you would leave while gutting the military is not constitutionally charged

Go fuck yourself and play with the other children

Ah....so in other words...you can't tell me how those posts serve me? There is nothing we do in Norway or Guam that we can't do here in our 50 states. We're broke. Time to reel it in boys.

Yes, they are being wasted on the lazy. I'm all for entitlement reform. But we need everyone....ALL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AND AGENCIES AT ALL LEVELS....to have skin in the game.

So, the Constitution mandates us to have troops in Spain? It mandates that we have a small army in South Korea to protect them from North Korea? Why? We're broke.

Wrong...

And no... I do not discuss specific things I know and trained on in places such as SHAPE, nor do I even discuss things I did and trained on here stateside... but whether I don't or cannot talk of different things does not make it any less necessary to missions and does not make it any less service to the US and its citizens

We sell weapon systems to foreign countries for PROFIT then we go train their people to use those weapon systems to help us in the long run.

UAE and Jordan flew US made fighters over Libya in support of killing Qaddaffi. It made a statement to the muslim world that muslims flew US made fighters in support of us and Europe to kill an Arab dictator.

We go to their countries to train them which makes them strong and able to fight with us. Countries like Iran notice UAE and Jordan have strong western friendly Air Forces that could be used against them, thus keeps them in their box.

Saudi Arabia and Israel fly US fighters, we make money and maintain the region's peace too.

Romney has made it clear that he would ressurrect the missile defense plan for Poland, which would waste billions and THEN set off a re-escalation of the arms race with Russia, that will waste trillions.

But that of course is what the defense lobby wants.

Romney has made it clear that he would ressurrect the missile defense plan for Poland, which would waste billions and THEN set off a re-escalation of the arms race with Russia, that will waste trillions.

Bull shit. Russia couldn't afford an arms race any more than we could.

Dumbfuck,

Obamination pulled Bush's missile defense plans for Europe because Russia told him to do it, but then came up with his own missile defense plan which he also said he could change with Russia.

I call that bi-polar disorder. Pulling out missiles from Poland with Bush's name on them then promising his own missiles for Poland then maybe pulling them out again if Russia gives the thumbs up. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, you have no clue why we want a BMD system in Europe....and you would be pissed if you knew and then saw Obamination being ok with taking it out again.

Another military cut: Our local Navy base has an "MWR" unit, Morale, Welfare, Recreation.

ALL of those units should be slashed from the military.

Private sector employees have to find their own recreational activities. Our govt money shouldnt' be spent for a govt program for govt employees to have entertainment. They can go to the private sector movie theater or ball games like the rest of us.

More waste cut!

Those MWR units are not funded by taxpayer dollars, they are funded by the military personnel themselves from profits made from post exchanges, clubs, and commissaries. Congress eliminated taxpayer support for military recreation many years ago, but they did manage to keep it for themselves.

How dare the military have MWR on base for the families left behind while the troops are away fighting???? Oh, the horror......don't they realize bucs90 wants his local level union civil service job funded by Obamination's cuts from the DoD budget! His union goon job must be paid for by people not even living in his city, county or state!

Another military cut: Our local Navy base has an "MWR" unit, Morale, Welfare, Recreation.

ALL of those units should be slashed from the military.

Private sector employees have to find their own recreational activities. Our govt money shouldnt' be spent for a govt program for govt employees to have entertainment. They can go to the private sector movie theater or ball games like the rest of us.

More waste cut!

Those MWR units are not funded by taxpayer dollars, they are funded by the military personnel themselves from profits made from post exchanges, clubs, and commissaries. Congress eliminated taxpayer support for military recreation many years ago, but they did manage to keep it for themselves.

New Topics

Forum List

Back