Gov’t run healthcare scare.

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
GOV’T RUN HEALTHCARE SCARE.

Government run healthcare scare people and I don’t understand why. Do medicare, medicaid, WIC, SCHIP, Veterans healthcare and hospitals, county medical and dental clinics, rest homes, mental institutions, schools, DMV, CDC, FHA, FDA, military, law enforcement, etc which are all government run scare people also? I don’t see people running away form the services and I don’t see any private sectors closing because of they exist. There is no logical reasoning to be scared of government run healthcare except it has been brought forth by democrats.
Opposition is nothing more than paranoia and it is passed on to the village idiots.
Right wing paranoia just another scare tactic like duct tape and levels of color alert against terrorist attacks.

BOO; SCARY PUBLIC OPTION.

Why are right wing -nuts so afraid of Public Options? The right to chose if you want private HC or government run HC.
If all the people that have PHC is happy with it, why would they leave something that make them so happy for a government run HC plan?
If they are so happy and they keep it and a government run HC plan would not make any difference to the survival of their PHC plan..
And if PHC is as great as they say it is, no one will leave and PHC will be secure.
Covering 47 million who do not have HC is going to cost and we all should help pay for it, just like we all help pay for wars and space programs that are bogus and full of fraud and waste of the taxpayers money, pay for healthcare of illegal alien who use ER for the primary care.
Everyone who pay taxes, pay for something they do not use or they do not like.
If we want to keep a democracy, we must pay taxes. Why are we using billions to set up democracy in Iraq and Afghanistan and we do not want to pay of healthcare for those of our own who do not have healthcare? But have no problem paying for healthcare for other country’s people.
A democratic system cost money, lots of money and someone has to pay. Cannot have a democratic system without taxes.
We cannot put 47 million into the PHC system and expect it to work effectively and affordable and not have death panels.. Government can do it better and cheaper then private sectors and that has been proven. Can you imagine private sector running some of the same institutions run by government? It would be a nation disaster. I would not leave my Medicare and Medicaid for any private healthcare plan because, first, they would not insure me because they could not afford to and make a profit.. I would be a high risk and eligible for a death panel.
We pay for HC just as we pay for war and the space program, looking for Osama and water on the moon.
Maybe those working now should opt out of paying into Medicare and Social Security and pay into a private HC plan and when the time comes to collect, see if they can deliver. They just might go bankrupt and you loose and have to collect SSI.

Those that object are either on the payroll of private insurance, or just stupid enough to believe their propaganda

Looks pretty scary to me...

obama-carescam.jpg

Looks pretty scary to me...

And some moron that is handy with photoshop is going to make your decision for you? Are you so stupid that you can't think for yourself and actually offer up an arguement that requires some thought??

Your picture is comical, but it makes no point and makes you look worse than Obama does in your photo..

Last edited:
Want to first provide us with the AUTHORITY for the US Federal Government to spend OUR tax dollars on Health Care?

Let me help you, shall I? I will provide the scope of the Legislatures powers for you and you can point it out to me. Sound fair?

Section 8. The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;

To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States;

To establish post offices and post roads;

To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries;

To constitute tribunals inferior to the Supreme Court;

To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations;

To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;

To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;

To provide and maintain a navy;

To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces;

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings;--And

To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.

LII: Constitution

Go ahead find in there the Authority Congress has to spend our money on Health Care.

Government run healthcare scare people and I don’t understand why. Do medicare, medicaid, WIC, SCHIP, Veterans healthcare and hospitals, county medical and dental clinics, rest homes, mental institutions, schools, DMV, CDC, FHA, FDA, military, law enforcement, etc which are all government run scare people also? I don’t see people running away form the services and I don’t see any private sectors closing because of they exist. There is no logical reasoning to be scared of government run healthcare except it has been brought forth by democrats.
Opposition is nothing more than paranoia and it is passed on to the village idiots.
Right wing paranoia just another scare tactic like duct tape and levels of color alert against terrorist attacks.

Why are right wing -nuts so afraid of Public Options? The right to chose if you want private HC or government run HC.
If all the people that have PHC is happy with it, why would they leave something that make them so happy for a government run HC plan?
If they are so happy and they keep it and a government run HC plan would not make any difference to the survival of their PHC plan..
And if PHC is as great as they say it is, no one will leave and PHC will be secure.
Covering 47 million who do not have HC is going to cost and we all should help pay for it, just like we all help pay for wars and space programs that are bogus and full of fraud and waste of the taxpayers money, pay for healthcare of illegal alien who use ER for the primary care.
If we want to keep a democracy, we must pay taxes. Why are we using billions to set up democracy in Iraq and Afghanistan and we do not want to pay of healthcare for those of our own who do not have healthcare? But have no problem paying for healthcare for other country’s people.
A democratic system cost money, lots of money and someone has to pay. Cannot have a democratic system without taxes.
We cannot put 47 million into the PHC system and expect it to work effectively and affordable and not have death panels.. Government can do it better and cheaper then private sectors and that has been proven. Can you imagine private sector running some of the same institutions run by government? It would be a nation disaster. I would not leave my Medicare and Medicaid for any private healthcare plan because, first, they would not insure me because they could not afford to and make a profit.. I would be a high risk and eligible for a death panel.
We pay for HC just as we pay for war and the space program, looking for Osama and water on the moon.
Maybe those working now should opt out of paying into Medicare and Social Security and pay into a private HC plan and when the time comes to collect, see if they can deliver. They just might go bankrupt and you loose and have to collect SSI.

Because it is yet another welfare program that will cost trillions of dollars when we don't have any money. It's just yet another excuse to redistibute wealth from the "haves" to the "have nots".

Not to mention there is no constitutional basis for it. The best way for a government to control the people is by controlling medicine, its just a plain bad idea in general. Do you libs really want to have your medical care run by Republicans someday? Do I want mine run by liberals?

The reality is there is no health care "crisis" in this country today. Liberals are trying to manufacture a crisis in oder to push this agenda, and it isn't working. Most people are happy with their health insurance as it is, and others don't want to be forced to pay for coverage. No one objects to the idea of poor people being able to get health care in some form or another, but then again no one really cares enough to pay out of their own pocket to help some poor person's health costs.

There are so many reasons government care doesn't makes sense. First, anybody that doesn't associate government running, well, anything with bloated, inefficient bearuacracy is just plain naive. Government has no incentive to do things efficiently. The private sector does.

There's the constitutional authority (lack of) aspect that is being overshadowed. Less and less authority and adherence has been given to our founding document, but I won't get into that now.

Mainly it's a matter of principle for me. The bulk of our health care costs are the result of things we do to ourselves. Yes we all know people that have been afflicted with accidents or cancer that they could not have possibily prevented, hell I'm one of them, but the number one killer in this country is heart disease, the risk of which is dramatically increased by certain behaviors. So at the end of the day the question simply is, why should I be paying for something you did to yourself?

government mandated healthcare is not right, in any way. being taxed for not having healthcare is rediculous. however you're right about all those other programs.

There is no way the federal government can give me anything close to what i have worked all my life for. In order for the government to provide insurance to all the drug dealers and crack hoe's that don't have it today, it must be taken from me.

The system does NOT need to be overhauled, it just needs a tweak.

Obamacorn is not the slightest bit interested in providing healthcare for anyone. He is only interested in CONTROLLING healthcare. It is a power grab pure and simple.

It's about to rot on the vine anyway. Politicians who want to be re-elected are not going to shove it down our throats now.

Let's try to explain the subject by changing the subject. The difference between government run and private is summed up in 'efficiency, productivity, and profit.'

Experience has shown that the government masqurading as a private corporation cannot do as ObamaCare promises: better care for more folks, at less cost.

A couple of examples:
a. Fannie Mae was started in 1938 by FDR, with a billion dollars, to buy up mortgages from private lenders so that those banks would have more capital to lend. By 1968 the huge loan portfolio weighed on the federal budget, so that President Johnson converted it into a publically traded quasi-governmental corporation. Get it? It was designed to appear to be a free market entity. But everyone knew that the government wouldn’t allow them to fail, giving it an unfair advantage over its competition, and access to guaranteed lines of credit and exemption from state and local taxes. Then they used the same track for Freddie Mac. Then, in September ’08, the government took back control of the two, along with $5 trillion in mortgage liabilities.
b. In 1971, the “Post Office Department” was turned into a quasi-governmental corporation, the US Postal Service, which has a federally mandated monopoly on regular mail delivery. The majority of the USPS board are presidential appointees. There are no government appropriations, and a ‘Postal Rate Commission’ that determines rates. In the ‘70’s the USPS tried to close 12,000 underperforming or underutilized post offices, but politicians amended the Postal Reorganization Act to prohibit the closings. In ’77 the same thing happened when the USPS tried to suspend Saturday delivery. The result lost $2.8 billion in ’08 and expects to lose another $3 to $6 billion in 2009.Who will ultimately be responsible for paying these debts? The taxpayer. Such is it when government masquerades as free market entities.
c. Compare the promise of cost estimates for Medicare when passed to current costs.

Bear in mind that this refers to the promise of more efficient, cheaper healthcare.

To consider other fraudulent aspects of ObamaCare would require a far longer post.

Notice I did not refer to you as a 'left-wing nut.' Courtesy goes a long way.

Actually you are not correct. Those of us who oppose the public option do so because we know it is the gateway to socialized medicine. We dont want the same care as the rest of the world just the same coverage, and this plan provides neither.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndStT6c93rc[/ame]

If the health care bill is passed there are still 14 million americans (almost half of the currently uninsured number) that will not be covered.

I like the republicans plans for health care better than the dems

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRJJRTT4HUA&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - A health care plan for America[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back