Gov't Forces Christians To Violate Faith

You just did. Here are your words.

"Why would you deny me the free exercise of my religion in order to "compensate" for legal inequities."

Which implied that my getting a civil marriage license somehow infringes on your religious rights. It does not.

No, it doesn't imply that at all.

The initial discussion has been about a florist ... not gay marriage. Frankly, a gay marriage does not impinge on my free exercise of my religious rights. Not allowing me to exercise my religious rights, however, IS an impingement on my freedom. There's no reason the two can't co-exist. Just like I don't want you to force your position on me, I shouldn't be able to force my position on you.

Get married if you like ... just don't force me to condone it. Conversely, you must allow me to exercise my religious rights as I see fit.

Nobody is keeping you from the free exercise of your religion. Following the law of the land does not infringe on your religion. You are not forced into business. That is a choice. When you choose to go into business, you must follow the laws that govern owning a business in that location. If the laws governing that business are in conflict with what you perceive the beliefs of your religion are, it's time to get a different business.

As to "forcing positions", are you even aware that Federal Law (not state and local laws like those that protect gays) requires that a Christian cannot be denied service?
/---- Would you force a Muslim baker to make a light in the loafers cake or pizza? Would you force a Muslim Deli to serve you a bacon sandwich? Will would you, Punk?

No one is required to sell or stock a product they do not normally sell. I'll try to make this simple enough for your smaller than a pea brain to understand; if you sell a product to couple A, you cannot refuse to sell the exact same product to couple B because they are (insert protected class here).

In United States federal anti-discrimination law, a protected class is a group of people with a common characteristic who are legally protected from discrimination on the basis of that characteristic.
/--- Funny thing to say when you can't understand my question. Walk into the Hala Bakery in Jacksonville Florida and order a wedding cake for a gaye marriage ceremony. Go ahead, I dare you.
Why complain about less fortunate illegals being illegal to our own laws?

The citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states.

You can worship as you wish. No one has interfered with your faith.

You have proved nothing.
Little boy.

Perhaps you would understand the facts, I was hoping with that comment.

Obviously you do.

Step off.

Childish comments to try and prove your point does not "prove your argument.

The federal judiciary agree with me generally and say "nuh uh" to your 'whuuuut?"
Your argument always has been and always will be lame.
No one is stopping them from practicing their faith.
NO ONE.
The law is prohibiting discrimination.

Then, clearly, you have no concept of religious freedom, nor the practice of our respective faiths.

Your comment is, simply, nonsensical and naive.

You're the naive one.
How has anyone been banned from worshiping their faith?

You have proved nothing.
Little boy.

Obviously you do.

Step off.

The federal judiciary agree with me generally and say "nuh uh" to your 'whuuuut?"

Then, clearly, you have no concept of religious freedom, nor the practice of our respective faiths.

Anyone can worship as they please, but the bottom line is you cannot be a butt in the public space without consequence.

You're the naive one.
How has anyone been banned from worshiping their faith?

You have proved nothing.
Little boy.

Obviously you do.

Step off.

Forum List

Back