governor walker pranked

Here's a link to an article by the liberal Alternet. I just thought I'd get identifying the source out of the way right from the start.

Notorious Pro-Corporate Group ALEC's Hidden Role in Stoking Class War in Wisconsin and the Rest of America

February 22, 2011

The current anti-union campaign being implemented in Wisconsin and other states has the fingerprints of the American Legislative Executive Council (ALEC) all over it.

AlterNet writer Joshua Holland recently identified ALEC as one of the behind-the-scenes players in the Wisconsin showdown. It's important to shine a bright light on ALEC to reveal how one aspect of the class war gripping America today is being fought out.

ALEC has unprecedented influence in Washington and state capitols throughout the country. According to Jonathan Williams, ALEC's fiscal policy director, "Wisconsin has become ground zero." He adds, "What happens could serve as a domino, win or lose, in either direction."

<snip>

Its principal funding comes from large corporate backers and right-wing foundations. About 300 corporate sponsors pay membership fees ranging from $5,000 to $50,000. Its backers include American Express, Coors, Wal-Mart, Texaco, GlaxoSmithKline, Philip Morris, Corrections Corporation of America and Koch Industries as well as the National Rifle Association. Among its telecommunications backers are AT&T, Sprint and Verizon as well as the National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA).

ALEC actively supports repealing the minimum wage, privatizing Social Security and replacing guaranteed health benefits with medical savings accounts. It gives large donations and other perks to legislators, most often reactionary Republicans, in states across the country to carryout corporate initiatives. A couple of these efforts are illustrative.

Notorious Pro-Corporate Group ALEC's Hidden Role in Stoking Class War in Wisconsin and the Rest of America | | AlterNet

If the allegations in this article are even half true, this group is certainly conducting war on the Middle Class.

Eliminating the Minimum Wage would certainly effect wages. Wages have been flat and actually decreasing for the last three decades. Eliminating the Minimum Wage would probably accelerate decreasing wages. Generatiions to come would have to be content to work for pennies.

Health Care Savings Accounts (that are part of the GOP's answer for healthcare reform) favor the wealthy and don't work for the working class.
Health Savings Accounts Favor the Wealthy.
Health Savings Accounts Favor the Wealthy - Health Blog - WSJ

So yes, a Koch brothers tool is involved in this event in Wisconsin. I don't think there's any doubt that Governor Walker would immediately take a call from either Koch brother.

Koch: We’ll back you any way we can. What we were thinking about the crowd was, uh, was planting some troublemakers.

Walker: You know, well, the only problem with that —because we thought about that.

Seriously? Is this for real?

yeah, only evil republicans do it.

:rofl:
Oh, Del...I can't believe you are using the they do it, too tactic.
:(

The claim is that "The current anti-union campaign being implemented in Wisconsin and other states has the fingerprints of the American Legislative Executive Council (ALEC) all over it.", yet nothing in the piece can point directly to said "fingerprints", you simp.

That's not partisanship, that's reading for comprehension.

Koch didnt
you DO know it was a PRANK CALL, right?
:lol:

Yeah, but the governor thought it was Koch.
so clearly he couldnt KNOW Koch, or he wouldnt have confused the pranker with Koch
thats using LOGIC
DUUUUH! :lol:

duh.gif

Top six revelations about the faux Koch phone call...

1. Walker and the Senate Republicans are conspiring to withhold Democratic lawmakers' paychecks.

A minute into the call, Governor Walker describes a plan by the Senate Majority Leader to institute a new rule that would stop automatic deductions of lawmakers' paychecks if they do not appear in the Senate for more than two days. It would require lawmakers to appear in person to collect their checks.

Walker describes this as part of a plan he is working on with GOP Senators: "Each day, we're going to rachet this up a little bit."

2. Walker sees billionaire David Koch as "one of us."

Two and a half minutes in, Walker is describing a conversation he had with a Democratic state lawmaker, Tim Cullen, who Walker says is the "only reasonable" one among the Democrats. When the man pretending to be Koch suggests he calls Cullen, Walker says that although Cullen is reasonable, he is not "one of us." Who is the "us" that includes Walker and out-of-state billionaire Koch, but not an elected state legislator?

3. Walker is planning to threaten state workers with layoffs.

Five minutes into the call, Governor Walker says he is planning to issue between 5,000 and 6,000 "risk notices" to state workers announcing that they are at risk of being laid off. He makes this statement in the context of what he is planning to do to put pressure on Democrats to cave into his demands, not what is necessary due to the budget crunch. "If they want to start sacrificing thousands of public workers to be laid off," he says, "sooner or later there's gonna be pressure on Senators to come back. We're not going to compromise."

4. Walker has a plan to lie to Senate Democrats and pass the bill while they are not aware of the vote.

Seven minutes in, Walker describes a plan created by his chief of staff to call Senate Democrats back to "hear what they have to say." While he is discussing the issues with the Democrats, the Senate would be in recess. In actuality, once Democrats come back to the state assembly, Republicans would be able to pass the bill eliminating collective bargaining rights while Walker is in discussions with Democrats.

5. Walker considered planting fake protesters to cause trouble among the real protesters.

Fourteen and a half minutes in, the fake David Koch says that they are considering "planing some troublemakers" among the crowd of protesters. Walker responds with, "we thought about that." He expresses no moral objection to the plan, but says that he thinks it is the wrong strategy, because a "ruckus" would make people think he should compromise.

6. Walker is corrupt.

Although early in Walker says they are investigating the Democratic Senators to see if they are committing ethics violations by accepting union funds, when the fake David Koch says he will fly Walker "out to Cali and really show you a good time," Walker responds by saying "that would be outstanding."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jesse-berney/walker-koch_b_827129.html

Last edited:
so clearly he couldnt KNOW Koch, or he wouldnt have confused the pranker with Koch
thats using LOGIC

You think the caller couldn't disguise his voice?

Or does the governor have enough time on his hands where he can just piss away 20 minutes on a prank phonecall?
clearly the Gov didnt know it was a prank, thus proving he is NOT familiar with Koch

if someone calls me up and claims to be someone i am friends with, and i actually AM friends with the person they claim to be, i'm pretty sure i would be able to tell is was a PRANK

Hmmm...

...I guess all that talk about him that the wingers were scoffing at was true. Funny that.

He's toast...fallen to the kitchen floor...butter side down...

I listened to the entire things, my observations:
(1) Isn't a Prank supposed to be funny? This wasn't comical in the least. These rookies need to listen to the Jerky Boys,
(2) Scott Walker didn't come off as an ass, weak, arrogant, ignorant or an evil rich guy that is outside of reality. In fact he sounded intelligent, well informed, stron and a man with a plan and mission,
(3) Obviously the pranksters were trying to make Walker look bad, but this man Gov Walker look great!
(4) Walker didn't say anything he hasn't been saying in public.

This so-called prank only enforced my views that Walker is Da Man (along with Christie and Cain)!

pranked into taking a call he thought was from the koch brothers
Did Scott Walker Get Crank-Call Pwned? (AUDIO) | Mother Jones
the actual call is here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBnSv3a6Nh4&feature=player_embedded

there is a transcript here but the server is overloaded
http://www.buffalobeast.com/?p=5045

thats using LOGIC

Or does the governor have enough time on his hands where he can just piss away 20 minutes on a prank phonecall?
I think it is a given that Walker is none too bright.

The bigger point, though, is that he was thinking of putting trouble makers at the protests...wtf is that all about?

And when was the last time you had a 20 minute phone conversation with a governor of a state?

I've never had a 20 minute phone conversation with the governor of a state. Of course, I've also never called one up.

However, I am going to presume from your dodge of my question that you do have 20 minute phone conversations with people you dont know from time to time. Otherwise, you wouldn't have dodged the quesetion.

Now tell me something. Don't you think that the Governor of any State is going to regularly have phone conversations with other people? Don't you think it's very probable that he isn't close to many of these people?

As Dive pointed out, it's obvious that he wasn't close to Koch or he would have known it wasnt him.

All the evidence points to a relationship that isnt very close. So what's wrong with admitting that?

Hmmm...

...I guess all that talk about him that the wingers were scoffing at was true. Funny that.

He's toast...fallen to the kitchen floor...butter side down...
how is it true, numbnutz #2
if Walker had been friends with Koch, he would have known the prankster WASNT HIM

thats using LOGIC

clearly the Gov didnt know it was a prank, thus proving he is NOT familiar with Koch

if someone calls me up and claims to be someone i am friends with, and i actually AM friends with the person they claim to be, i'm pretty sure i would be able to tell is was a PRANK
:lol: If he is not buds with Koch, then wtf is he doing spilling all that shit to him?

Forum List

Back