Governor To Cut Collective Baragaining.

Claudette,

I apologize for the foul language. I do not use those words routinely but they are occasionally needed to make a point. My dad worked at Goodyear at their largest tire production plant in the 60s and 70s. They went out on strike every time the contract came up. The union of course got lots of concessions and the employees lived high on the hog for a while. But as with many other union situations, they negotiated themselves out of lots of work. The company threatened to shut down the plant numerous times, did not, but the current production is only a fraction of what it once was. The work is now being done by other people in other states. Public employees should have to contribute to their benefits just as everyone else. There are several occupations that should not be allowed to strike. Police and fire service are the obvious ones, and I think teachers should also be included. We see the crowds in Madison with the signs protesting but I bet you that the majority of the kid's parents are screaming for the teachers to go to work and do their jobs.

No need for an apology Navy. I uderstand where your coming from.

Unions serve a purpose as a buffer between management and workers.

Public sector unions are funded by the taxpayer. I wonder if any of these union folk realize that they are putting a tremendous burden on the taxpayers of their States?? Or if they even care?? Seems like all they care about is getting what they consider "theirs."

Same with Fed workers. These folks make more than folks doing comparable jobs in the private sector. They are also payed with taxpayer dollars. I'm tightening my belt so I can pay some Fed worker above and beyone?? Don't work for me.

I was watching the news last night and apparantly OL'BO's group and others are bussing folks in to demonstrate in Madison. How nice is that??

I hope the Union empties it coffers to bus these and others out there. Come election time in 2012 they won't be able to give Barry Boy 60 million for his re-election campaign.

Last edited:
Well well well... seems like Wisconsin's private sector finally had a day off and came to protest the protesters yesterday. This guy's sign says it all.

4d6053172767b.image.jpg

Cover image above the fold in the Wisconsin State Journal.

Last edited:
Well well well... seems like Wisconsin's private sector finally had a day off and came to protest the protesters yesterday. This guy's sign says it all.

Yeah, and they were so outnumbered by the pro-union protesters they didn't even stay as long as they originally planned.

:lol:

Yeah, and they were so outnumbered by the pro-union protesters they didn't even stay as long as they originally planned.

Of course they'd be outnumbered at these idiotic, pointless rallies - the public unions are fighting to keep their gravy train running, while the amorphous "public taxpayer" is not going to as well organized as a group directly benefitting from this scheme.

Besides, most of them have jobs they cannot just not attend to without consequences, unlike public union employees... :eusa_hand:

:lol:
They, unlike many of these professional protesters and student radicals have lives to deal with. The babysitters need to be paid, work to get back to...

You know... normal American things to do.

Forum List

Back